The Big Picture: Monster's Movie

llamaquest101

Nov 18, 2009
Say what you will about Kim Jong Il. Kim Jong Un seems even crazier, if he doesn't start the nuclear war i don't know who will. Although saying that i hear a man named Newt Gingrich is gaining some political power...

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
I'm pretty sure that every time Bob puts out a Big Picture, this is what he feels like:

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I like the fact that he slipped in what seems to be a "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" message and evidently got away with it.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I'm kind of familiar with this lore. Except Koreans call it as Boolgasari. I was surprised it was actually made into a film by N Koreans.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Actually I had heard of this one. The second I saw the title of this video, the Team America puppet and Bob's tradition of talking of weird movies... he's going to talk about Pulgasari.

I heard of this film when watching a tongue-in-cheek style documentary about the strange personal tastes of dictators including Saddam's erotic fantasy art, Mao's womanizing and Amin's boasted cannibalism...

...actually I also remember this tubby one and his film not being the only strange thing about his habbits.

BTW anyone else think Team America was ahead of its time?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I could hve swore Moviebob covered this ometime before and talked about it. or at least if you look anhwere around the internet about N. Korea being weird/N. Korea you'd see it.

Ninedeus

Feb 26, 2010
Wow, and here I thought that Gaddafi's obsession with Condoleezza Rice was pretty weird. Reinforces the statement that absolute power corrupts (minds included apparently) absolutely.

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
OMG I saw Galgamneth when I was a kid, I didn't get a lot of the plot because I was a kid but hey I loved the little monster who got bigger.
And I was noticing similarities to that movie, Now I want to see the original one. ANd I want to see Galgameth again.

Subject7

Nov 2, 2010
Lol, was he given amnesty on the grounds that he would be the one to make the 3 Ninjas sequels cause no one else would? Still I agree, his life would make an awesome movie akin to The Devil's Double.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I just find it hilarious that he made them get re-married.

It's like he took living vicariously through celebrities to a whole new level.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
I kind of hope North Korea's new leader is as crazy as his father so we can get more stories like this.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
That was the best. Also, I'm really glad that Bob took out a syllable or two from the 'weird' in "BLANK IS/ARE WEIRD". I finally no longer fear that word on this show.