The Big Picture: Night of the Lepus

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
This seriously reminded me of that South Park Episode that literally was a pastiche of Cloverfield and Paranormal Activity, but with Hamsters, as opposed to Rabbits.

The Startling, I think it was called.

Funny stuff all around, why it was made, we will never know, but I enjoyed it.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I remember seeing this years ago when the Scifi (when it was called that) channel played it, and laughing hysterically.

Bunnies are ADORABLE and there's no way you can make them scary.

Side note, this reminds me of the book Bunnicula, again, adorable and not scary.

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
trollnystan said:
I can't help but wonder if Anya from Buffy the Vampire Slayer ever saw this film. It would explain her phobia for rabbits =P
Julius in everybody hate Chris is terrified of Bunny because of that movie (Everyone went to see the exorcist he went to see that one)

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
ulair said:
OMG!!!!
It's the movie played in The Matrix! When Neo first sees the Oracle in the waiting room. It's running on a background TV.

LOL this made my day

Yup, so it is. Must have been put in because it would have been ridiculously cheap to get the rights.

Bluecho

Dec 30, 2010
Filly Pinkie Pie seeing the double rainbow. I see what you did there. I think. Wait what?

I actually watched someone else review this movie, so I knew what was coming. But imagine for a second you lived back then and went to see a movie called Night of the Lepus.

I swear, Hollywood was full of amazing trolls.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Oh man, that was wonderful. I really want that movie now. Seriously those movies trying something so hard and fail completely are the best movies ever made. It's not even trying to be like a Troma film but pretty much gets close enough. I'm really impressed yet feel quite sad for our MovieBob that he can't appreciate this kind of stuff.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Oh man, the DVD doesn't exist in my poor excuse of a country...

Anyway, we are getting close there in real life...

Be honest, having Roberto (the bunny from the youtube clip) in your garden one morning would be quite scary now, wouldn't it?

Wriggle Wyrm

Jun 15, 2011
Wow, so they were actually serious when they made that thing? I saw it years ago and always thought it was some sort of deadpan sarcasm.

You kind of have to wonder at what stage from concept to completion that the film makers realized they were creating something so unintentionally hilarious.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Oh god i remember seeing this on TV once when i was a kid it was Halrious.

...oh and Bunnies can be scary...Watership Down. That movie was fucked up for kids.

theonlyblaze2

Aug 20, 2010
Oh my god! I knew i had seen something like this! I remember being a kid and staying up late for Svengoolie and seeing a movie about giant rabbits! So happy I wasn't crazy.

Cedric Wilson

Jul 14, 2011
Strain42 said:
Homer: No problem, I'll just draw bunnies on the electrical sockets to scare her away
Marge: She isn't afraid of bunnies...
Homer: She WILL be...

In all seriousness though, great review Bob. I know this movie is bad but...I have to see it. -runs off to check through Netflix-
It's there but you can't stream it

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
Bob has no idea how horrible bunnies are, almost as bad as dolphins but sufficiently far from ducks.

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
I am SO GLAD you did a set on this! I was so sure I hallucinated this bull crap. :) I saw it on TV eons ago, and no one believed me. I thought it was night of the killer rabbits, or something like that, so I could never find it when I looked.

I also haven't looked in ages either. :)

KazNecro

Jun 1, 2009
"This is what Elmer see on Mushrooms..."

This line reminded me of 'The Big Snooze," where Bugs causes Elmer to have a rabbit filled nightmare.

"The rabbits are coming, Hooray, Hooray! The rabbits are coming Hooray, Hooray!"

Daikun

Mar 26, 2009
That's no ordinary rabbit. That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on! That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!