The Big Picture: Night of the Lepus

StrixMaxima

Sep 8, 2008
Wow, I've seen this sucker in a friend's house, who happens to be a B-movie collector just like me. It was a terrible VHS copy, complete with ad breaks. Didn't know they re-released it (didn't bother to check it out, though, understandably).

The quality was bad, so it actually took me some time to realize the bunnyness involved. It was an entertaining evening.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I wonder what horror film next week will be. Good video Bob and when I first saw some footage a year ago, I couldn't believe it.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Weren't there some scary parts of Watership Down? I haven't seen it in years.

Next week: a good one that I haven't seen, eh? I accept your challenge.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
I'm surprised the movie didn't end with the townsfolk learning to ride the critters as mounts.

And why were the rabbits carnivorous?

Feb 13, 2008
Random berk said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDE_V_l5kXQ[/youtube]

Reminds me of this. For anyone who hasn't seen it, its worth the 23 minutes.

EDIT: Oh, as I rewatched it, I realise its not quite as brilliant now as when I first saw it. Still, it was good for its time, and for the country where it was produced.

You diss Father TED? BLASPHEMY.
[HEADING=1]FETCH MY BRICK![/HEADING]

But hold on Bob...

It's not like it was alone in that. Night of the Lepus is one of the better ones.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Random berk said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDE_V_l5kXQ[/youtube]

Reminds me of this. For anyone who hasn't seen it, its worth the 23 minutes.

EDIT: Oh, as I rewatched it, I realise its not quite as brilliant now as when I first saw it. Still, it was good for its time, and for the country where it was produced.

You diss Father TED? BLASPHEMY.
[HEADING=1]FETCH MY BRICK![/HEADING]
I wouldn't say I'm dissing it. I loved Father Ted as a kid, and Dermot Morgan and Frank Kelly were great in it. I just figure that on a 21st century, international forum like the Escapist, it may not be as popular as in Ireland or England.

Feb 13, 2008
Random berk said:
I wouldn't say I'm dissing it. I loved Father Ted as a kid, and Dermot Morgan and Frank Kelly were great in it. I just figure that on a 21st century, international forum like the Escapist, it may not be as popular as in Ireland or England.
I think you'll find Father Ted is as loved here as anywhere.

Would you say the same about the Marx Brothers, Monty Python or Rocky + Bullwinkle?

Remember, Python is 42 years old...

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Random berk said:
I think you'll find Father Ted is as loved here as anywhere.

Would you say the same about the Marx Brothers, Monty Python or Rocky + Bullwinkle?

Remember, Python is 42 years old...
Meh, I like Father Ted, just thought I'd hedge my bets aginst the almost inevitable bitching about how the video was nowhere near as good as I implied and that I don't know real comedy. I never expected to be called out for presenting a more conservative view of it.

Feb 13, 2008
Random berk said:
Meh, I like Father Ted, just thought I'd hedge my bets aginst the almost inevitable bitching about how the video was nowhere near as good as I implied and that I don't know real comedy.
If you're hedging your bets before you've even made one, that's a hell of a pessimism you've got there.
I never expected to be called out for presenting a more conservative view of it.
If you'd said CoD was an OK game, would you expect more bile from the CoD Haters, or the CoD Lovers? If you're gonna have an opinion, don't make it Neutral, roll with it ;)

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
BUNNIES!!!!

Um... yeah. I've actually heard of this movie, and I think there's an interesting re-imagining of it online somewhere... I just haven't read it in a while.

Oh yeah, and I think they parodied the concept on South Park... but instead of using rabbits, they used guinea pigs, much to my delight.

(Also, is "Year of the Angry Rabbit" any good? I might wanna pick that up...)

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
"This is what Elmer Fudd sees on mushrooms." Single funniest line from TBP so far. Brilliant.

I'm not sure if MST3K really could have done this movie. Besides the obvious fact that it wasn't released to video so they probably couldn't have gotten the rights anyway, how can there be jokes about this movie funnier than the movie itself?

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Random berk said:
Meh, I like Father Ted, just thought I'd hedge my bets aginst the almost inevitable bitching about how the video was nowhere near as good as I implied and that I don't know real comedy.
If you're hedging your bets before you've even made one, that's a hell of a pessimism you've got there.
I never expected to be called out for presenting a more conservative view of it.
If you'd said CoD was an OK game, would you expect more bile from the CoD Haters, or the CoD Lovers? If you're gonna have an opinion, don't make it Neutral, roll with it ;)
Inevitable, maybe not. I was in a pissed off kind of mood when I posted it though, so I edited it because I didn't want to hear about the opinions of someone who'd watched the video and not found it up to their satisfaction.

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
Only showed up on late night TV where most people thought they imagined it.

You have to wonder how many, "Man, I was so wasted"s this inspired.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Random berk said:
... because I didn't want to hear about the opinions of someone who'd watched the video and not found it up to their satisfaction.
Nah, stuff them. If they didn't enjoy it, you did. ;)
Good point... oh, you're the same person I quoted on the thread about good parenting.:) Didn't even notice that earlier.