The Big Picture: Turtle Maki

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
*Gets home from first day at new job working in the hot sun. Watches new Big Picture.* I gotta admit, this really lifted my spirits up. And they looked interesting. As long as you went with it.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'm a huge TNMT fan, and as weird as those are, I feel the sudden need to go watch them...

Also, how dare you bring up Next Mutation! I was happy for not remembering that...that....thing, and then you had to go and bring it up again, WHY?!

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
I actually have that Michelangelo armored figure somewhere. I got it way back when because it was Micky (my favorite at the time) combining with a metal spider, I never knew it was actually rare.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Chrono212 said:
MovieBob said:
"Money making toy line"

Oh yeah! ^^​

OT: If anything, this anime is an interesting 'remix' of Eastern themes through a Western filter (as in the TMNT being an American IP about ninjas) then this Western/Eastern mix filtered back through an Eastern point of view.
Kinda makes it Eastern/Western/Eastern mix.
This is true. It did start out as a manga in Japan, then made its way to US shores as an animated series, then went back to Japan, to get animated.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Heh, I remember hearing about this from a few other places online...

I dunno, I thought the armors looked kinda neat, personally. And does anyone else but me think Dragonn-Shredder looks cool?

...Anyone?

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Sorry, but I have to respond to Bob's "Just go with it," with an equally classic phrase, "I would prefer not to," (Bartleby the Scrivener). No. No more Japanese remakes of American things but with giant robots. No more adorable animals who fight, talk, get brain hemorrhages instead of boners or fall down when a bad joke happens. No more people without noses or remotely varied skin tone. No. More. Anime.

Not until they actually do something markedly different.

oathblade

Aug 16, 2009
I had no idea these things existed, well I mean Id seen pictures of the stuff but I didn't think it was 'cannon'. Now if only they would make a show that followed the original black and white comics.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I gotta admit, I was always curious about this, but was afraid to search for it. The idea of the TMNT being turned into some heinous anime version of themselves that pointlessly made them transform and fuse into a giant robot was just too much. And I love anime!

Thanks, Bob! I think my curiosity is sated.

Camaranth said:
"Just go with it" when you think about it a little that pretty much sums up TMNT in general.

I started watching the 2003 version not to long ago (in french so I could practice) and it really is just a weird concept, and yet awesome.

Y'know how people say (at least people I know) that you're favourite turtle was a reflection of your personality, what does it mean if you were always torn between two of them?
Didn't Cracked do a video about that? And mine was always Donatello since you brought it up. I guess if you're torn, it means you have attributes of both, but neither in large amounts. Then again, I don't think any of the turtles were so dissimilar to make that an odd or impossible scenario.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
No, Moviebob. I cannot "just go with it". I have gone with it many times with you before, but this is just... I don't know, surely you of all people would encourage pieces of film and television to employ a goddamn script editor.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
These are my favorite Movie Bob vids, the "Lost "Gems"" ones.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
MrMisfit said:
A Ronin Warrior knocking up a Digimon. Try and shake that mental image kids. Also, Bob still owes us a "Rain of the Supermen" episode.
I really hope that statement of Bob's becomes cannon in the TMNT universe.