The Big Picture: Turtle Maki

YamadaJisho

Sep 22, 2009
Well, I just watched this video, then subsequently every other "The Big Picture" from last to first, and I noticed something. I agree with you on a LOT. I mean a LOT. I'm mad as hell we're not going into space, I find modern entertainment forms really weird, and I beleive the crimes of severe animal abuse should at the very least keep people banned from the NFL. Then something else happens. You bring up religion, and then you simply become insufferable.
At one point, you asked why people bullied you, and you didn't want to accept the term "because you're different", even though that's essentially true. It is, however, more accurate to say that "you were different from the bully, and that bully believed that he was superior to you for any number of reasons (probably dealing with physical ability or stature), and needed to verify his own existence by verbally or physically asserting that percieved superiority." Then you bring up creationism and how everyone who beleives it is stupid (in so many words). Not only are you showing that you have no idea what we beleive, why we believe it, or how we came to that conclusion (and no, it's not becasue some priest told us so), but you're proving yourself to be just as much of a bully by dismissing it outright and calling us idiots for it. You may say that you're just "stating your opinion", but you know what, those bullies who hurt you were doing the same. There's a fine line between being honest, and being cruel. You may want to avoid the subject in the future, but that's just my opinion.
As a note, it was specifically your review of the movie "Paul" that made me no longer want to see the movie at all.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Jbird said:
Aprilgold said:
Jbird said:
Congratulations, Escapist community. You've now completed the ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com [http://thatguywiththeglasses.com] entry course.

You can further your quest into obscurity by visiting that site, where everything has already been uncovered there, instead of waiting for MovieBob to copy it.
..... Are you implying Nostalgia Critic is better then MovieBob? At least Bob wasn't born a rip off, he actually started off uniquely, when compared to how Nostalgia Critic got his run.
And he has admitted that he never knew he was ripping off AVGN. And then there's the fact that nothing is original.
Its original to person to person, saying that nothing is original is like stating that a banana is yellow, its obviously true, but theres depth to it, and I didn't mention the Angry Video Game Nerd, so you assumed that I did. I remember watching a video in the exact SAME way that the NS does his show, almost straight ripped a review, but I can't seem to remember who it was that had the original idea. Don't accuse without proof, its a bad habit to get into. I asked a question, it wasn't an accusation because it was a question, not a statement. You accused me of accusing the Critic over him being a rip off of Angry Video Game Nerd, but this falls apart once you re-read my statement, in that you won't find Angry, Video, Nerd, Game anywhere within that sentence. Now have a good day, and don't accuse without a slight bit of truth behind it.

Edit: Believe it or not, you yourself made a contradiction of your own statement, you accused Movie Bob or ripping off the Critic, yet you then go on to state NOTHING IS ORIGINAL, then it wouldn't be ripping off would it? If I ripped off a shitty novel, and both were equal shit, then it wouldn't matter who got the idea first, if both are shit. Sir, watch your back next time, you never know when the Contradiction Police will be around.

ZexionSephiroth

Apr 7, 2011
MovieBob said:
...looks like Rhonin knocked up a Digimon...
Don't knock it till you try it!

... Umm... that came out wrong...

In any case the Digimon anime is still good. The series pictured in the video(Data Squad/Savers) has a guy who digivolves Agumon by punching other digimon. And that was the point I got sad that I stoped watching digimon when I didn't hear about it.

HE FIGHTS DIGIMON WITH HIS BARE HANDS!

If only digimon had a game comeing to 3DS. (Which a minor note is that if they get in before pokemon then they might become competitive against pokemon again, which I've said on youtube would also be good for pokemon)

The rest of the video... erm... Maybe they should make more TMNT anime stuff. Right?

...Oh well, I guess it's sad this is the most I have to talk about on this.

m64

May 12, 2010
Personally I found the "Just go with it" comment a bit off putting if not racist. You are reviewing a spinoff of a series about a bunch of turtles who through some magical mutation became sentient humanoids and got trained by a humanoid rat to fight an army of absurdly stupid baddies led by a humanoid pig, a rhino and a never-take-off a mask guy. Japanese added robots to the mix and you act like "oh now that's just weird".

Camaranth

Feb 4, 2011
Saltyk said:
Thanks, Bob! I think my curiosity is sated.

Camaranth said:
Y'know how people say (at least people I know) that you're favourite turtle was a reflection of your personality, what does it mean if you were always torn between two of them?
Didn't Cracked do a video about that? And mine was always Donatello since you brought it up. I guess if you're torn, it means you have attributes of both, but neither in large amounts. Then again, I don't think any of the turtles were so dissimilar to make that an odd or impossible scenario.
Yes the After Hours guys did a video about how important the turtles actually are. I was always torn between Leo and Donny but if you asked me tho choose now it'd probably be Don

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
I was beginning to think there should have been a "Just go with it" counter at the bottom corner of the video. I counted at least 4.

Very interesting episode I will say, and thanks for sharing that tidbit. Been a long time since I followed the TMNT.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
No, damnit! I don't want to remember this as TMNT related! I'm a Turtles fan, but THIS. Gawd.

All franchises should stay at their respective countries of origin. Foreigners now shit about what makes something great.

I also read the TMNT manga. -_- Good grief, it has a lot of poses and 'desu' and... Velma is a blow-up doll for Christ sake!

Japan knows nothing about America, America knows nothing about Japan. Nobody knows anything about Russia. There we go.