The Costumes of Tokyo Game Show 2010

nmaster64

Nov 7, 2007
Airman FTW! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUYSriP4lmM]

John Funk said:
Then don't. With our current design, this is the best way to show off full-sized images + captions. It looks ugly with more than one to a page.

Is clicking a button to go "next" really that much of a hassle? Really?
I find it kind of annoying myself. I would just like to see the actual photo have a link to the next page. That would help a lot.

Richard Pippy said:
My internet is shit and is the best available for my area of the city. Loading a page, looking at the image, then loading the next is incredibly slow. It would take between 8 and 12 minutes to view those images and that's too much out of my day just for some images of costumes. If they all loaded in the background on 1 or 2 pages I could minimize it and view it after it all loaded taking just 2 or 3 minutes of my time.
That's less of a design issue and more of a "you have crappy internet" issue. While there are a handful of ways to easliy pre-load images, it puts unnecessary strain on the server. I'm sure 70%+ of readers who hit the first page of the article don't get very far, so loading all the images from the start is a lot of wasted bandwidth.

I'm pretty sure there are browser extensions these days that can preload links on the page for you. My internet's pretty solid though so I've never tried them out.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Space Jawa said:
Jack and Calumon said:
That Kingdom Hearts one is pretty much spot on! As are most of them to be fair, but that stands out because I love it so much.

One day I shall go to a convention... One day...

Calumon: I wonder who I could cosplay as?
Each other, perhaps?
Remember to take pictures..... that sounds interesting

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
it's depressing that these are the best cosplayers in thw world....No what is depressing is that almost no one in England or in the americas can make costumes that close to the actual characters. They didn't even mess up on the hair which is what we always end up doing. even the characters armor looks real! I must beat them at their own game!!

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
TimeLord said:
I want that Dante coat!

The girl wearing it would be a nice addition as well!
Yeah, I'd like the coat, but probably on the bedroom floor.

And tbh, when you look like that, who cares how they've redesigned the character?

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
The Organization XIII ones were amazing! How the hell did they do that with their hair? I wish I could get my hair to stick up like that.

Those are all pretty awesome though. I'm hoping mine turns out that nice.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Umm...WOW. O_O Some of those cosplays were dead-on accurate! Especially the Kingdom Hearts and Auron ones! Japan never ceases to amaze me...

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Oh my God... Did anyone else notice the creepy cosplayer in the background left of 13? My eyes, they have been ruined!

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
Silk_Sk said:
Is that a woman cosplaying as Dante? If yes, creepy (but a little sexy). If not...I quit.
totally was... there were a lot of females cosplaying a male character... it was creepy

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
rekabdarb said:
Silk_Sk said:
Is that a woman cosplaying as Dante? If yes, creepy (but a little sexy). If not...I quit.
totally was... there were a lot of females cosplaying a male character... it was creepy
If that's really a guy, I don't wanna know.