The Dragon Age 2 Preorder Bonus Cavalcade Continues

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The Dragon Age 2 Preorder Bonus Cavalcade Continues

The Dragon Age 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-2-Xbox-360/dp/B0047TG2R0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294863871&sr=8-1] preorder saga continues as BioWare and Electronic Arts have come up with yet another bonus for those who missed the last one as well as a little something extra to keep people away from used copies.

Have you got your Dragon Age 2 preorder in yet? Those who put some money on the game revealed last week [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104391-Preorder-Dragon-Age-2-Get-a-Free-Signature-Edition-Upgrade] as the game's first DLC. It's too late now to take advantage of that deal but EA has come up with another opportunity for people who just can't wait to throw money at the game to score some free loot.

Customers who preorder anytime prior to the game's release will receive the Lion of Orlais shield, a legendary shield with two rune slots that adds a bonus to health and experience; the Fadeshear sword, an ancient blade that does extra damage to demons and undead and becomes more powerful as players level up; and The Black Emporium, a store that offers some of the most powerful equipment in the game, including a Mabari war hound that will join you in battle, the Mirror of Transformation and other unique, mysterious artifacts.

Don't want to preorder? You can still pick up a little extra just by staying away from the preowned section of the store, as all brand-new copies of Dragon Age 2 will come with The Black Emporium. And no worries if you preordered the game prior to January 11 and were automatically upgraded to the Signature Edition, because you'll get all of this stuff too. For those who miss the boat completely, The Exiled Prince will be available for separate purchase for 560 Microsoft points - about seven bucks - but there's no indication that the second-stage preorder stuff will be on offer.

Can you keep all that straight? Head over to dragonage.bioware.com [http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/order/] if you need a little help making sense of it all. Dragon Age 2 comes out on March 8 for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Jul 22, 2009
I have already pre-ordered signature edition but more free stuff is always a plus ;D

This has to come out in the same month as two other amazing titles though ._.

I need to make sure I save for March...

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Anyone else getting kinda nervous about all this preorder bonus business? I mean, it almost seems like they're trying to cash in on the hype for fear that it's a terrible game and won't sell well. I hope I'm over analyzing this, but that's the impression I'm getting.

James Raynor

Sep 3, 2008
Just hope this is extra content and not just content that's cut to pander to project ten dollar.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
All of this incentive to preorder the game and, to buy new copies when it does come out makes me really suspect that Bioware and EA have little faith in this title. I've seen a ton of adverts for what I get when I preorder the game but I haven't seen a trailer in a while. Granted it's a bit early for trailers on TV but then many have pointed out that it's too early to shove all of this DLC under our nose.

I'm still planning to wait until I can rent this one before I try it out: I've been unsure of it from the first bits of concept art. Not saying it's going to be bad but looking back it did take a while for the original to get on my good side. I'm hoping this game is worth playing in a few months when I rent a copy that is devoid of the single best shop, the mabari war hound (which I never used anyway honestly) and, all the other things I'm passing over by waiting. Of course even if it isn't worth playing, a few extra bells and tassels wouldn't be much incentive to give it a free ride.

sir.rutthed said:
Anyone else getting kinda nervous about all this preorder bonus business? I mean, it almost seems like they're trying to cash in on the hype for fear that it's a terrible game and won't sell well. I hope I'm over analyzing this, but that's the impression I'm getting.
I think I beat you with the over analysis xD
But I'm thinking the same thing you are even if it takes me much longer to get it across

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Shoggoth2588 said:
All of this incentive to preorder the game and, to buy new copies when it does come out makes me really suspect that Bioware and EA have little faith in this title.
Or they just want some extra cash.

OT:

Glad I pre-ordered the Signature Edition!

XD

God, there's a shitload of DLC here!

Crystalite

Apr 2, 2010
Uhm, I never got that deal with the lootstuff...
Why would I preorder, to get things that make the game easier (damage) and quicker (xp)!?

Raithnor

Jul 26, 2009
I'm just going to wait until Steam kicks out a version that has everything and is $10 less than the retail price.

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
I'm wondering if all the free stuff is to get people to preorder before they find out how bad it is. Just a thought.

On a side note, I'm buying this game used to protest the amount of content they are cutting for Day 1 DLC for peorders only. It's ridiculous.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
I'm going to wait until the Ultimate Edition, ta. I'm concluding that if you haven't pre-ordered it now, you're going to have to pay through the nose to scoop up the "extra" content.

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
Raithnor said:
I'm just going to wait until Steam kicks out a version that has everything and is $10 less than the retail price.
^This one has it exactly right. May be a few months after retail, but so what. 'Least by then there will be enough word of mouth and review scores to judge the game by.

xDHxD148L0

The Dissapointed Gamer
Apr 16, 2009
More stuff is cool, but I don't know if i will use all of it when i start playing having good gear right of the bat might kill the games difficulty.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
So, I'd be paying $10 extra for a sword and shield, or are they pulling the "we are trying to stop people from buying used, but jacked the price of the PC version up also since they can't buy used either" shit? No sale here.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
It's worth noting for anyone who has ordered the game, you may want to take a minute to go to the DA2 site and sign up for some additional bonus items:

Hindsight [http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/pennyarcade/], a belt (with a Penny-Arcade animated video and story to go with it)

Staff of Parthalan [http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/parthalan/]

You need to sign up for the Dragon Age 2 newsletter to get them, but they're otherwise free, and probably only available until the game launches.