The end of Lulzsec.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Ryu-Kage said:
dogstile said:
Ryu-Kage said:
...and two weeks later, nobody is going to care that LulzSec even existed. Especially since they didn't really leave any serious impact at all.
Really? They've got the hacktivist movement going strong (things are still being hacked everywhere). They've cost Sony millions, if not billions of dollars in damages through stock price and users abandoning ship as well as making everyone who knew about them start worrying if their passwords were all different, etc.

They may be assholes, but to deny they didn't have an impact is silly.
I thought it was Anonymous who attacked Sony, NOT LulzSec. Isn't there a difference?
You know, I may have gotten confused. I'll shove a disclaimer in my post saying i'm not actually sure because, well, i'm tired and i'm not in the mood to go check

C2Ultima

Future sovereign of Oz
Nov 6, 2010
They're only stopping because they realized the government was cracking down on them, and panicked. Good fucking riddance.

SeriousIssues

Jan 6, 2010
Maybe I would've enjoyed them more if they weren't smirking douchebags doing more than just pranks in good-fun. Maybe if they had simply added a picture of their (horrible) logo to a site to prove the flawed security, but they had to go even further.

And now they're doing what looks like running away with their tail between their legs. They have a history of weaseling out of embarresments and saving face. And now that they're about to be brought down upon hard, they've fled under the guise of saints we'll be sad to see go.
Come on, LulzSec. GTFO with your BS.

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
dogstile said:
Ryu-Kage said:
dogstile said:
Ryu-Kage said:
...and two weeks later, nobody is going to care that LulzSec even existed. Especially since they didn't really leave any serious impact at all.
Really? They've got the hacktivist movement going strong (things are still being hacked everywhere). They've cost Sony millions, if not billions of dollars in damages through stock price and users abandoning ship as well as making everyone who knew about them start worrying if their passwords were all different, etc.

They may be assholes, but to deny they didn't have an impact is silly.
I thought it was Anonymous who attacked Sony, NOT LulzSec. Isn't there a difference?
You know, I may have gotten confused. I'll shove a disclaimer in my post saying i'm not actually sure because, well, i'm tired and i'm not in the mood to go check
Anonymous hit PSN, then stopped because it prevented people from playing. Someone else hit PSN after really hard, no one knows who. Lulzsec hit Sony pictures. Your first sentence was correct though.

http://lulzsecurity.com/releases/

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Well, good riddance.
You've got to admit though, they gave people on the internet a hell of a ride.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
They troll unopposed for 50 days and now that the Man has finally begun to crack down on them and arresting members its "farewell sweet princes of the internet, we always loved you"?

Good riddance to every last one of them says I!

Also wasn't Hitler more of a dog man?

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Good riddance, I say. They're a nuisance that I doubt anyone will miss. Nothing about them was lulzy in the least, but I didn't find them threatening, either. They were just obnoxious.

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
... Maybe now, there'll be less "OMYGAWD GENERIC HACKER GROUP DID SUMTHIN, ISN DAT INTERESTING EEEEHHHH?!?!?!?!?!?!" news and topics on these boards.

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
As they say, good riddance to bad rubbish. Their little farewell thing is a poor recovery, but I suppose saying "whoops, the blind dispassionate loathing and vitriolic demand for revenge from the entire Internet seems to have caught up with us" would be too difficult.

Quoth the captcha: SILENCE futityp. Silence indeed.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
zehydra said:
emeraldrafael said:
Please say they took Anon with them.

Anyway, yeah, glad they left. Citibank is still pissed at their antics, as are there users.
They can't take Anon with them. The only way Anon's going away is with censorship or removal of the internet.
I know, but they joined forces, so I was hoping they would both go. One can always hope