The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011
Gunsmoke: Saloon - Back Entrance

Slindis, Teri, Rugal, Garm

"Right...Back onto the matter at hand then..." He said as he took a seat on a emptied barrel of beer.
"You wished to speak with me, Teri?..."

Teri found a convenient rock to sit on herself (one across from Rugal no less), and waved her wolfy friend over. Garm, recognizing his cue, laid down again, his head resting in her lap as he did when she talked with Slindis. And like the previous talk, Teri found a small distraction in petting her wolf's head (and that Aura of Courage certainly aided her along) as she spoke,

[color=0E59E4]"Well, sir, you asked me a while ago why I worked with the attack on AIM. I never answered, and... Well, after talking with Mom, it's only fair you get the same explanation..."[/color]

And so Teri went into detail [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.101127.16794891] about the events leading up to AIM, especially where the Caerleon family was concerned. As she did so, Rugal could both 'see' and hear his daughter's distraught feelings about the affair, her aura clinging tightly to her being as she did with her wolf. This whole time, she was scared. Scared of him..? Still, her words continued, and she ended with,

[color=0E59E4]"....So you see, even if Devon did orchestrate this attack, the events leading up to it are my doing. I... I owed it to Caim and Angelus; if nothing else. Even so, there are some things about this affair I do not regret. Finishing Bruiser off and saving Furiae would two such things. And, even if you are still angry at me, I understand. Just... Please, let me know. The silence is worse than the threats of 'showering in pain'."[/color]

Gunsmoke: Saloon - Other Building

For the sake of convenience, let's say this happened AFTER the Heart to Heart.

Melethia, David A., Ton Ton

"[color=9BBED5][sub]OH SHIT![/sub]"[/color]

Ton Ton caught up to Melethia and David, slightly confused that he was able to do so in shorter time than usual. Perhaps it was concern? Regardless, the Tonberry had reached his query, and saw that Caim, Cadolbolg, and David had run in. What was going on?

Speaking of our Mute and his turtle-dragon son, Caim had his family blade at the ready; and brought it down hard on the first man he was able to lay his sights on; the magicked blade finding it's way easily into the soldier's flesh. Cadolbolg took to the air, and began charging a lightning shot for another of the fighters, knowing that their metal would cause severe distress. As all this went on, Angelus sent a message to Jenny,

"Is there a weak spot on the roof? With a gentle push, I could stick my head in for support!"

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009

"...."
Rugal shook his head after hearing Teri's explanation.
"Christ, This is so utterly convoluted...Listen, I don't hate you for blowing that place up, Understand that. I understand why you aided in the battle and all that. What I did hate was the fact it ended like it did, I mean, Hell, if you told me about it, I would have helped and had her released. Instead, what happened is that several rather dangerous people with the bygone delusions of grandeur that I had for so long are now running rampant after it was destroyed. Believe me, plans were made for a situation like this, Those fire exits existed for a reason. On top of that, the wealth and power I spent so long rebuilding going up in smoke like that?"
He paused for a moment as he recalled his rampant raging.

"...Old habits are hard to forget. I know it might sound horrible of me to say this, but while I was going to turn over a new leaf and shut the lab down for the both of you, I didn't want to lose every material belonging I had. All I have to my name now is my quarters on the ship and the clothes on my back."
He cringed at his words, worried about who they would react

Gunsmoke: Other Building

Just go on ahead, it's only wood! Jenny sent as she stayed mostly out of the line of fire while David took down 3 fleeing gang members.
"Man, This looked a lot harder on TG4!" He yelled over the gunfire.

The remaining 5 gunners took cover inside the building, unloading wildly at anything that moved while the aforementioned Chef with the Sword Sized Kitchen Knife lunged at Caim, not happy about his scam being busted like this.

bluecrimson

No soffidx.
Sep 8, 2010

Slindis heard Rugal's words and responded rather bluntly. [color=c20000]"Rugal, just because it happened the way it did doesn't mean that you're doomed. I could tell you stories of what happened when I first lived with Scrag and his family in that sewer in Stormreach, or I could bring up the entirety of my stay in the Everfree Forest. Of course, there's the problems of your former subordinates roaming around, but we can aid you with that as well. Now have some backbone, grit your teeth, and get yourself ready for where you've got to go from here. It's not going to be easy. Believe me, I know. All of us will be here to aid you onto the right path."[/color]

Melethia turned to the human male and tossed him a small flask filled with a murky liquid. "Bookboy, throw that right next to that big cluster, okay? It'll scatter them!" While David contemplated it, Melethia got potshots in where she could. She couldn't get killshots due to them taking cover, but she got more than a few arrows deep in the biceps and calves, causing a great deal of pain whenever they had to do even the smallest movement.

Said Vial is like a flashbang except with less flash and a lot more bang. Use it if you want, and said vial can also be broken by a good Dagger toss at it while it's in the air as well and have the same effect.

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010

Melethia turned to the human male and tossed him a small flask filled with a murky liquid. "Bookboy, throw that right next to that big cluster, okay? It'll scatter them!" While David contemplated it, Melethia got potshots in where she could. She couldn't get killshots due to them taking cover, but she got more than a few arrows deep in the biceps and calves, causing a great deal of pain whenever they had to do even the smallest movement.

David bit his lip hard enough to draw blood. [color=9BBED5]"I HAVE A NAME, DAMN IT!"[/color] With a shout, he hurled the vial right over the heads of the thugs. With the knife in his right hand, he sent it cutting through the air to strike it. Upon making contact, the vial let out a bright light punctuated with an even louder bang. Confused shouts came from the thugs, disoriented from Melethia's little flash bang and stumbling out of cover as they tried to reorient themselves.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
Three Miles Outside Gunsmoke

On the outskirts of town was a small cattle farm. On this small cattle farm for almost a year worked a small young women with grey hair, and a young man with incredible strength. The two had just appeared one day, started working, making themselves a living, the only thing they had brought with them, a peculiar scarecrow that looked like it was made of pure metal and covered in spikes and blades.

"Hey good looking what you got cookin?" The young man said leaning against the doorway into the small ranch house.

"Bacon! Wanna strip?" The young women said smiling slyly while looking at the young man with affection before turning with the pan in one hand and a pair of tongs in the other. The young man's stomach growled fiercely and he reached out, his arm beginning to stretch abnormally grasping a piece of bacon before quickly returning to its normal length, the young man popped the strip into his mouth.

"Good... Really good!" he nodded and groaned in delight "I was going to head into town, need to pick up a new plow blade, and those parts you need for your experiment."

"Well you better hurry back! Dinner will be soon and I will start without you!" She gave a mischievous wink and continued to cook. The young man turned and stepped out the door donning his dusty rawhide cowboy hat. Walking down the small dirt path from the road to the house he nodded to the scarecrow

"You keep watch over her while I'm gone" with that the young man headed into Gunsmoke.

Its Justin of course you silly geese! I'm back and so is he!

Height: 6,0
Alignment: He's signed papers that says he's evil... For the most part.
Powers: The blacklight virus
Appearance: I don't really have a decent picture of me in a cowboy hat to accurately depict Justin's current appearance, but he's a lean male, with long-ish brown hair, blue to stormy grey eyes.

If I need to elaborate I'll watch the chat

Its Glados, no not the evil AI from portal the awkwardly made Quantum AI by the Shrike way back when? Remember guys?... Guys?
Height: Approximation 5, 7
Powers: the ability to mentally interface with almost all electronics, also has a higher than average intelligence.
Appearance: Its Called AA so she'll be my avatar

bluerocker

Sep 22, 2011

"...Old habits are hard to forget. I know it might sound horrible of me to say this, but while I was going to turn over a new leaf and shut the lab down for the both of you, I didn't want to lose every material belonging I had. All I have to my name now is my quarters on the ship and the clothes on my back."

[color=c20000]"Rugal, just because it happened the way it did doesn't mean that you're doomed...
It's not going to be easy. Believe me, I know. All of us will be here to aid you onto the right path."[/color]

Teri released a held breath in relief; and took the stylus off of her tablet, scribbling something on the surface as she spoke,
[color=0E59E4]"As Mum said, we're a travelling pack of super powered people ourselves. If they rear their heads in the name of oppression, I could see the Dawn quickly stamping them out..."[/color]

Rugal could see a strange process taking hold around his daugher, a bubble of sorts forming from a part of her aura. Said bubble then pulled away from her and 'popped'; causing the girl to shiver a little as soon as it disappeared. Following that, he felt 'something' light land in his lap. Three 'somethings' in fact.

[color=0E59E4]"I'm not able to make money, but those might help a little..."[/color]

From Slindis' perspective, she only saw the girl scribble something on the Tablet, shiver a little and then three packages appear on Rugal's lap. A peace offering, it seemed...

It's just three different, red, well tailored suits for Rugal. Nothing fancy, in terms of peace offerings. But, better than him running around in rags. :)

[color=9BBED5]"I HAVE A NAME, DAMN IT!"[/color]

Upon hearing the chaos going on, Ton Ton readied the Knife, [color=15650D]"That you do sir! Now, excuse me..."[/color]

The Tonberry squeezed past Melethia and David bickering, and then charged at a man with an enormous blade who was about to make a potshot at Caim. Running along, the little creature brought his blade into the man's ankle, eliciting a scream of pain from the man; and allowing Caim to dodge out of the opponent's range.

Cadolbolg took the opening provided by his friend, and shot the lightning being charged in his stomach at the same man, and increased his pains twofold; especially when he was equipped with so much metal.

Angelus, taking Jenny's cue, closed her small, amber colored eyes, and plunged her tough snout through the roof, allowing her whole head to burst through the roof. With a growl, the dragon opened her eyes again, and began readying small homing shots for the long range humans (gunners) who were trying to make the melee fighters miserable.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Gunsmoke: Outskirts, Going towards the butchers.

As The Young Man approached the west side of the town, he could see Sheriff Orlandu emerging from his office, dressed in the expected fashion, albeit with a sheath for a longsword on his left side. Orlandu spotted The Young Man, "Evening Sir! Foo for a relaxing stroll I see, missus giving you grief?" He laughed heartily as he proceeded on his way. Beneath the happy demeanor, he was dealing with a problem that seemingly had no solution, until now....

As he passed the butchers, he noticed West:

"Knock Knock..."
"....Who's there?" a confused goon asked, giving away his location.
"Hot Lead."

As West shot through the door, hitting the goon in the throat, The Sherrif was gobsmacked at this. "How in the Hell did he know where the guy was standing!?", he questioned aloud as he cautiously walked over, aiming to get a closer look of the scene. What he saw, was insanity: A Twelve year old girl killing bandits with a bow? A Knight going through men like they were butter?? The Dragon predicting exactly where to attack for maximum effect? A TONBERRY THAT WAS WORKING WITH PEOPLE AND NOT ATTACKING THE SHINS OF WHOEVER WAS NEAREST!?

The defenders of the Chocobo Butcher were trying to put of a decent fight, but Angelus's attack was the last blow to decide the victor, the gunslingers dropping their guns and surrendering once they saw the dragon on top of their attackers.. Everyone's Grudge conjured a ghost chocobo for each one he killed, and they proceeded to swarm him, incapacitating him instantly through sheer numbers.

When the chaos cleared, the Sheriff closed into the group, flashing his badge to point out he wasn't hostile. "Okay, just what happened here? Why is there a Chocobo beside that meat-hook? And how in the hell did you all know where these guy were positioned!?"

bluerocker

Sep 22, 2011
Gunsmoke: Outskirts, Going towards the butchers.

"Okay, just what happened here? Why is there a Chocobo beside that meat-hook? And how in the hell did you all know where these guy were positioned!?"

Ton Ton, upon hearing the buzzwords of Chocobos, felt a little nervous about the new human who approached, and edged towards Caim; who easily scooped up the little creature with one hand and deposited him on a shoulder. Cadolbolg, after giving a friendly nose bump to his mother, returned to the warrior and landed on the other shoulder, asking aloud,
"Father, who is this, and why is he making Friend Ton Ton so nervous?"

Caim would have shrugged, were it not for his passengers, and his PDA spoke for him,
Code:
"I don't know. Hey, little guy, what's the matter? Have you met this man before?"
Ton Ton shook his head quietly, and after a moment, spoke up, addressing the sheriff with those blank yellow eyes as his childlike voice took the sheriff by surprise, [color=15650D]"I haven't met this man, Mr. Caim... But, to answer your question, er, sir, from I heard from Cadolbolg,[/color]

The Turtle-dragon-baby in question waved a claw, and Ton Ton continued, [color=15650D]"Yes, that's him, anyways, we heard that our friend Jenny was in trouble, and we came running."[/color]

Angelus gave a hurumph, and added, "More like she sent out a distress call. No offense, Jenny dear, but there's no need to try to sugar coat the harsh reality of an attempted murder. Why did you come to this place to begin with? It doesn't look like an area suiting you..."

Moros

Nuclear Zombie
Jan 25, 2010
Gunsmoke: Saloon

Matt was a little disappointed that there wouldn't be a high stakes game of chance but what could you do. Matt exited the saloon and saw a tailor across the way that was still open for some reason. Not wanting to stick out like a sore thumb, he decided to enter the store. Half an hour later he came out looking a bit like Clint Eastwood in a "A Fistful of Dollars". "This just made my trip at least 10 times better," Matt said before heading to the ship.

On his way out of town he passed a guy he thought he recognized but quickly dismissed it as nothing. After several minutes of walking in the cold desert night he came across a campfire near the ship. Curious, Matt decided to stop and say hello and see if they also came from the ship.

bluerocker

Sep 22, 2011
Falox said:
Yo people of the AA and mostly new denizens, this is Hollow Grimm or whatever could be considered was him at one point. Just seeing if i'd have the ability to come and join in again.
Hello there! We're always open to new additions. Here's a link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Avatar-Adventure-Group] to our group chat, and let's see if we can get you situated, alright?

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009

"Look, I understand it's not the end of the world, lived through enough of them to tell the difference. Nor am I a stranger to poverty, I just was hoping I was going to keep SOME of my vast wealth. I get it, I'm greedy, but that was a LOT of money..." Rugal admitted again before Teri poofed in the packages.
"...What are these?..." He said as he felt them in his lap.
"...Are these what I think they are?..." He mused before making a small slit to get his hand inside.
The second he felt that soft, expensive texture, he knew instantly.
"...Always have an answer for everything don't you?..." He smiled at the cleric, while he was still flat broke, it suddenly didn't seem as bad now.

Jenny looked on at the damage her little crusade in the name of Animal Rights had caused with an extremely guilty look on her face.
"...Okay...You see, there was this...Chocobo..." She started, motioning to the subject in question as he rustled his feathers after the fight.
"Annnnddd...I saw him get taken away and I thought...That...he was going to be killed and...I followed the rider and then...I walked inside, then lots of guns and that butcher guy, it just....Yeah..." she explained as the building fell apart behind her from the number of bullet holes and Angelus fireballs.

"....You mean we killed these people because Animal Rights?..." West said, clearly not amused that he shot so many people for a oversized chicken.
"Join us next week where we flood the planet to stop a forest fire..." He snarked before walking off and past the sheriff.
"[sub]Pssss...These people are fucking crazy...[/sub]" He whispered to him before walking off.

"WARK!" The chocobo that caused this mess said, totally unaware of what just happened.

bluecrimson

No soffidx.
Sep 8, 2010

After Rugal got the suits, Slindis looked at the two. [color=c20000]"Still, we need to get some sleep. If you're concerned about the night watch, I'll handle that with Lupito. Tomorrow's going to be a busy one, and it's best to make sure that nothing happens."[/color]

Melethia looked at the Sheriff and nodded. "Well, Miss Jenny said she needed some help, so I went over an' helped her! Same with Librarian here, an' I'm guessin' Redscale and Mister West had the same idea. Not our problem that they attacked her without knowin' who she knew, is it?"

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Gunsmoke: Outskirts, Outside what used to be the Butchers.

"Annnnddd...I saw him get taken away and I thought...That...he was going to be killed and...I followed the rider and then...I walked inside, then lots of guns and that butcher guy, it just....Yeah..."

" No offense, Jenny dear, but there's no need to try to sugar coat the harsh reality of an attempted murder. Why did you come to this place to begin with? It doesn't look like an area suiting you..."

"So, Gunning was selling Mystery Meat. Always thought there was something strange about him... Wait" Orlandu looked to Jenny, curiosity at Jenny's powers sidelining his discovery of 14 dead men serving Chocobos as chicken. "Are you saying you're telepathic? You could just relay the positions of all these guys to people outside? Can you read people's thoughts?" As he contemplated the implications of this group's arrival into the town, West leaned into his ear to whisper to him.

However, as West attempted to walk off, Orlandu stuck his arm out, preventing him from getting away. "You're staying here, I want to know who the hell you all are. Now." He stared at Jenny again "What numbers am I thinking of?"

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009

56, 78, 34, 99. Anything else? Are my friends free to go or are we under arrest? Jenny asked Telepathically as she petted the Chocobo, still amazed at how much trouble she managed to cause.
And what about him? Do we get to keep him or... she added afterwards, completely proving that she was telepathic.

"Eh, call us the Rising Dawn, everyone else does. David West speaking, That's Jenny, Caim, Cadolbolg is on his head, Dragon is Angelus, Lizard is Ton Ton, Elf is Melethia." David added, hoping to get out of this as soon as possible.

bluerocker

Sep 22, 2011

"...Always have an answer for everything don't you?..."

Teri beamed at her father's reaction and twiddled her fingers with a goofy over-the top-manner, [color=0E59E4]"Fear my powers of the creation of clothing, food and various things you can find at Wal-mart!"[/color]

She broke out into laughter, and after a moment to calm down, she continued, [color=0E59E4]"Just let me know if you need any more. I've noticed the forces of whatever tend to rip em."[/color]

[color=c20000]"Still, we need to get some sleep. If you're concerned about the night watch, I'll handle that with Lupito. Tomorrow's going to be a busy one, and it's best to make sure that nothing happens."[/color]

The Cleric gave a nod to her mother, and mounted up on Garm, [color=0E59E4]"Gotcha. I just need to let Luke, Ella and Devon know what's going on. They've got a campfire going at the edge of town. I'll ring you in if something's up."[/color]

Giggling at her horrible pun, the Cleric and her wolfy companion wandered back to where she had left her extraplanar allies. On the way to there, she noticed a stranger (Matt) approaching the group as well.

[color=0E59E4]"Who is that..?"[/color]

Cadolbolg gave a little sigh and 'sent' to those who could hear the messages of pact partners, "Looks like the cat's out of that bag..."

Caim gave a soft nod, and looked up to Angelus,
Code:
"I'll be outside with the kids. Need anything?"
The dragon removed her head from the hole created, "No Caim, you go on ahead. The children shouldn't be up so late... However, if this does not take long, I'd like to go along with that night flight we mentioned. The weather is nice and I haven't been able to stretch my wings for circumstances that have not been combat related..."

The warrior smirked at the notion and a silent affirmation was sent. She was right. The feeling of wind in the face was a pleasant one; especially after a long day of combat (which today was not, but the crash of their airship based home was a stressful tiding indeed). Still carrying the Cuties on his shoulders, Caim wandered out, his eye carefully trained on the man who intimidated his son's pact partner. Speaking of said Tonberry, Ton Ton kept close to Caim as they left the warehouse, breathing a sigh of relief when they were out of the man's presence.

[color=15650D]"Phew! Glad that's over... I wonder if we can keep the Chocobo..?"[/color]

Kalastryn

What is "normal?" Sounds dumb.
Legacy
Dec 18, 2012
Country
United States of America
Ninjamedic said:
As the smoke begins billowing out of the blazing slaughterhouse, Pandora takes the card and sticks it in her wallet, having no intentions of "returning" or "summoning" Esia at any point, she walks off to see what's happening with what is obviously not just a roaring fireplace behind the Saloon. Upon seeing the 14 people dead, the fire, and the... "BIRD"?! Her mouth drops open for a moment, but she shakes it off and asks, as gently as the words could come to her mind. "When and Why the FU** did this happen?!" she asks, taking note of the Gardevoir standing among them.

bluecrimson

No soffidx.
Sep 8, 2010

Slindis led Rugal to the room and kept an eye on him as he got ready to get some sleep. In the meantime, she called Lupito over to her. [color=c20000]"Go find Melethia, will you? She's going to need to get some sleep as well, and I don't want her getting caught up in something."[/color] The large wolf nodded and went out of the room that had been paid for and sniffed out Melethia's trail.

[br]

Devon saw Teri approach in the distance and waved to her. "Teri, something going on? Although the events that could be going on in Hell was concerning, he knew the best way to keep that bluff up was to not bring it up at all. Plus, there was the other man in the distance that he didn't know a lot about.

Melethia turned to the odd woman and had the feeling there was something that she liked about her and waved to the Sheriff before she went to the woman. "Hiya, miss! We just wanted to help Miss Jenny, so we had to thin out those churls. It just happened a bit ago, but ya'd be how much someone tries to scream when an arrow goes through their throat." The young elf examined the woman, and Lupito approached her from behind and sniffed the woman as well.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009

56, 78, 34, 99. Anything else? Are my friends free to go or are we under arrest?

She is telepathic...... He considered the powers and feats he had just witnessed, the skills and strength they wielded. It was if they were invincible against those criminals. I've never heard of these people before, if they're unknown...... they might have a chance to stop him..... Orlandu was reinvigorated with this thought, there was now a possibility to defeat them....

And what about him? Do we get to keep him or...

"Neither and yes, its not like his owner needs him now." The sheriff shook his head at the implications of what

"Eh, call us the Rising Dawn, everyone else does. David West speaking, That's Jenny, Caim, Cadolbolg is on his head, Dragon is Angelus, Lizard is Ton Ton, Elf is Melethia."

"Well then West, I'll need you, Angelus, Jenny and Melethia to come with me. My deputies will see to sorting this mess out." As the two deputies went over to the bodies, Orlandu turned with West to go back to his office at the end of the road.

Kalastryn

What is "normal?" Sounds dumb.
Legacy
Dec 18, 2012
Country
United States of America
bluecrimson said:
for about another 20 seconds or so she fails to find words, not only can she not believe she isn't reaching for her scythe assuming she's going to have to defend herself from these people who just killed fourteen, but that a twelve year old is saying such things with PRIDE! She also could not BELIEVE the size of the wolf behind her getting her scent. Then she takes a deep breath and with a nervous laugh she asks. "I just jumped off a train to get here, specifically because I sensed disaster, as I tend to do, but I couldn't imagine there would be so much trouble without it passing. So tell me, if you would, why exactly there are fourteen people dead? and... what the hell is that giant yellow... bird... thing?" she says, very nervous considering that there are 14 people dead, and the people in front of her seemed to have done it, and one of them is a little girl who's taking it in stride!