The Escapist Presents: Live Chat with Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
It's very HaRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Daughterofether said:
tharwen said:

Also, Yahtzee, why did you say "Zee Pee" rather than "Zed Pee" when referring to your own show.
because he speaks english and not american :p
That is exactly my point.

YOU FAIL AT POSTING

:D

Dragoon785

Jan 9, 2009
You know what's funny? A lot of the questions were stuff that people already knew. I mean most people know the man for "Zero Punctuation", and of course the "Extra Punctuation".
Who ever came up with the questions left me asking, "Do you even watch Zero Punctuation?" Yahtzee is a respectable man of the pen, or keyboard I suppose. His diction is better put there than in speaking terms. I am definitely curious about the novel, those were the kinds of questions I was interested in. It was pretty cool that he was in Philly. Heh, of course the only I got to say to him and the crew was "They don't have the badges yet". Fun times.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Good interview. He does seem a little awkward though, as in he doesn't really like being around big crowds of people or put under the spotlight.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Susan Arendt said:
Spyre2000 said:
LOL! EPIC FAIL. She tries to make up a game name to be generic in her question but their actual is a game called "Z".

So I wonder if he'll review Z now :).
Actually, when referring to something generic, I usually use "X", as in the mathematical variable, but given that we were at "GameX", that seemed inappropriate, so I went with Z instead.
I still don't believe that was you Susan.

Not because I don't think it looked like you, I have no idea what you look like, but that really didn't sound like you :p.

Not once did I want to take a nap from the soothing notes. Seriously...you are missing a calling in your reviews for doing lullaby's ;). You'd knock babies out.

We'll find out that this is actually Susan's real world stand in. Oh the drama will be palpable!

Vredesbyrd67 said:
Kinda feel bad for Yahtzee. The woman interviewing him seemed REALLY obnoxious.
Unless I misread the subtitling at the beginning that is Susan Arendt of the Escapist :p. Course the second time it calls her "Susan Aredt".

Nov 11, 2008
Oh my fucking hod, I lost it at the audio bug HARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Interesting interview.

Personally, I think the horribleness of Sands of Time's combat was more than enough to push the title out of my favorites list. It's way beyond being merely crap-more into the "broken, unfair and frustratingly awful" territory.

Dott

Oct 27, 2009
I don't think I've laughed this much at an interview.
Yahtzee's awesome. End of story.

In Limbo

Nov 4, 2008
Be less exaggerated Susan, you're making me awkward just watching.

Edit: Just to qualify, your measured, slightly quirky review tone is ace.

SimSquid92

Mar 27, 2009
I am moving to Brisbane in a year, so I would love to get a job as the bartender. It'd be great to know how to make a mana potion cocktail

Ari Ace

Sep 1, 2009
Hahaha he looks so tired. He can barely talk... and it looks like its from energy loss. Eat something before you do a interview or at least take something that gets you "up" rock star style. ;)

4fromK

Apr 15, 2009
I would so fucking hit that bar up. I'm anticipating yelling "I NEED MORE MANA" instead of ordering drinks.

JonnoStrife

Sep 5, 2009
MasterMayhem117 said:
Was the part about quick time events done well screwed up purposely? the sound skips, but the video moves fine.. hmmm.. Yahtzee you genius idea witholder! You're saving that for a game you're designing aren't you!?
He's a sly dog. Also Art of Theft is hard as all fuck in level 4. Or maybe I suck ass. Guess we'll never know.

Hehe... Even thought Susan Arendt was presenting and her last name begins with an "A", Yahtzee came first. YAHTZEE FTW!

JonnoStrife

Sep 5, 2009
johnx61 said:
HK_01 said:
When Yatzhee says "It's very hard" the sound bugs out...or was that done on purpose?
Press X to not screw up the sound!

pliusmannn said:
it's very harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D damn it
Game Over! Press X to not quit.
DIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! X WILL NOT SAVE YOU!

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
It still gives me a fuzzy feeling to see him answer all my questions. Except the vegemite one.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Oh the sexual tension, you could cut it with a spoon!

EDIT: Also, what kind of musi- damn! Susan you ninja'd me! :D

EDIT 2: Tall eh? How tall are you then Yahtzee? I'm 6'4... beat that!

EDIT 3: Come on, since when arent you allowed to say f**k on th... wait... f**k...? What the f**k? FFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Warpig

Oct 28, 2009
Good interview. Yahtzee has a very unique and very witty sense of humour, and this video showcases that very well.