The Escapist Wants to Celebrate the Holidays With You!

lazy_bum

Mar 25, 2009
oooooooooooooh. pretty buttons to press. sounds complicated but i think i can manage it.

Chronarch

Oct 31, 2009
Hmm, now my second box reset back to how it originally was... There might be some glitches here.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
So if I just heard about this, today (The 3rd) is there no way to get the badge? If not, I kind of blame the escapist for not doing so well advertising this >.>

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
my 3rd box dissapeared...

also i only saw it today aswell... maybe you still get it if you clicked the first 2 anyway? (i did that atleast)

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
That's odd, the 3rd box shouldn't have been up yet. Looks like the code is going self-aware. We'll get the Turing Police to check it out.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
I don't even see a day 3 box... I get the feeling these glitches are going to prevent or make it very hard for me to get this badge...

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
I can't even see the 3rd Box, it's not appearing but it's probably american time so I'll wait for a bit longer.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
paulgruberman said:
That's odd, the 3rd box shouldn't have been up yet. Looks like the code is going self-aware. We'll get the Turing Police to check it out.
Oh good, it hasn't appeared on mine yet.

Apr 28, 2008
orangebandguy said:
paulgruberman said:
Oh good, it hasn't appeared on mine yet.
Mine either, all I see are boxes 1 and 2

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Box number 3 is clickable, but there's no "3" on it. It just shows what the inside of the box was, which is that "buyer's guide" by Andy Chalk.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Worked out a few kinks with this. Thanks to everyone for your patience and love.

Most importantly, the boxes should "switch on" automatically at roughly the same time each day from now on. So, big apologies to folks who came repeatedly looking for Box 3 and didn't find it. That shouldn't be an issue going forward.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Hey, that's pretty nice. Although most of the pages it links I either already read or didn't interest me. Oh well, I'd like to get that badge anyway.

AlexanderAstartes

Afternoon Delight
Jan 1, 2008
My door 3 is fine. Now I've opened it there is a little picture of Andy Chalk inside.
My doors 1 and 2 are still showing 1 and 2, rather than a picture inside :(

EDIT: An image shows up under 1 and 2 if I hold the mouse over the door for a couple seconds, but goes when I move it.

Really great idea, makes the site more festive. I don't have a real advent calendar at the moment, so this is a nice replacement :D

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Great idea, but I'm a little upset that we didn't get any warning before it started. So I've missed Day 1 and what reason do I have to keep using it? I watch most videos anyway and read the articles if they look interesting, but if you're using a Holiday badge as incentive you kind of failed.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
AlexanderAstartes said:
My door 3 is fine. Now I've opened it there is a little picture of Andy Chalk inside.

EDIT: An image shows up under 1 and 2 if I hold the mouse over the door for a couple seconds, but goes when I move it.

Really great idea, makes the site more festive. I don't have a real advent calendar at the moment, so this is a nice replacement :D
yeah this happened to me too but yesterday that problem was only with day 1, if tomorrow it closes the day 3 one and only keeps the day 4 one this might clear things up but if it doesnt we might miss out on this badge due to bugs

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Man this is strange, i know i clicked on 1 and 2 as soon as they came out but neather of them are shut off like 3 after i clicked it.
Sigh.

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
LeonHellsvite said:
AlexanderAstartes said:

yeah this happened to me too but yesterday that problem was only with day 1, if tomorrow it closes the day 3 one and only keeps the day 4 one this might clear things up but if it doesnt we might miss out on this badge due to bugs
Gigaguy64 said:
Man this is strange, i know i clicked on 1 and 2 as soon as they came out but neather of them are shut off like 3 after i clicked it.
Sigh.
Same thing is happening to me. Can this be fixed, please?