The first game you remember playing?

Federalist92

Jul 28, 2009
no wait.
i remember a sooner game but ive forgotten what it was called.
i think it was something like mech warriors 3.
anyone know what im talking about?

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
I think Super Mario brothers deluxe, or Pokemon Silver on the gameboy color

I can't quite remember, both were around the age of 8, I reamember playing mario on a yellow gameboy, and silver on a blue/purple one. and I never bought a new gameboy.

Mardy

Apr 7, 2009
I remember playing Monkey Island at one point, though I can't remember much.

Grimrider6

Aug 27, 2008
King's Quest 3, on the whatever-back-asswards computer my parents had back in the day. I think I remember VGA graphics were really something at the time.

As complex and unintuitive as the King's Quest series was, I still freaking love KQ3 for the memories of being my first game. Back when I was a wide-eyed youth, it really felt like there was a whole fantasy world for me to explore in that black floppy disk with the hole in the middle.

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
1st game in general was chess.

1st video game was pokemon red.

both are awesome games.

Martymer

Mar 17, 2009
Snake, I believe it was called. You know, you play a snake that eats dots. When you eat a dot you grow longer. The game ends when you crash into the edge of the screen, or into yourself. One of those really old, simple games. Played it on my uncle's PC in like 84-85 something.

Wildrow12

Mar 1, 2009
sinboy666 said:
Wildrow12 said:
Q-Bert on the Atari 2600.

Wow, I feel OLLLLLLLLLLLD.
I think I got you beat Wildrow, I played "Beam Rider" and Dig Dug on my stepfather's IBM machine back before we got an inter-Television for my brother's birthday.

I will say the first game I remember thoroughly beating was "Chaken: The Forever Man" for Genesis, that was an AWESOME game.
Dig Dug? On an IBM? Was it an IBM XT? In that case....WOW, you do have me beat!

Also: I remember Chaken! It's too bad the sequel never materialized.

Captain Awesome

Aug 14, 2009
The first game I ever remember playing was Burnin' Rubber on the Amstrad CPC 464+, that was probably 18/19 years ago and damn it I can still hear the music in my head, same for Robocop on the same system.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Probably Centipede or Pac-Man, one of the old school original aracde games they had at A&W when I was wee.

Taern

Dec 22, 2008
Starcraft, with my older brother, after wandering around a future shop and deciding it looked cool.