The first game you remember playing?

Watcheroftrends

Jan 5, 2009
It was some alien spaceship game my dad had. You had to remember the names of the characters to access them, and we spent hours just typing random things until we got one that worked. It was on a computer that still used all command prompts, no real ui. The graphics were 2d frames, no textures. I wish I could remember the name.

The first game I owned (birthday present) was Turok for the N64. Oblivionisathand... still remember the code :)

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
Breakout, on a 486 =) good times.

I miss DOS...for a bit, then I appreciate today's GUIs much more! =P

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
It was either Warcraft II or Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance.

[small]Speaking of, I feel like playing it again.[/small]

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
It was either Pokemon Blue or Red... Pokemon Red was the first game I got bought. :p

Good times...

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
Sonic or Shining force when I was about 6 or 7. I also remember playing croc on the PS1, please tell me someone else has played this game. It was utterly pants, but I just have memories of playing it.

kylroy

Jul 23, 2007
I guess it really was Pong on an old custom console, but that doesn't count, IMO. the first real (home-)computer game was Silent Service on the ST.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
First game I remember? Pong. The original Pong. The next game was Bruce Lee for the Commodore 64.

TomCorf

Jul 24, 2009
Lemmings for the PS1. This game will always remain in my heart and i remember laughing like hell when the helpless lemmings plunged off a cliff and splat all over the floor.

r3lix

Mar 19, 2009
I remember playing Duke Nukem on my very first computer. well, I watched my cousin play most of it at least.

Mosstromo

Jul 5, 2008
Pong. Yes, the legendary first game, the one that is at the Smithsonian (not that exact one though).
Then, my most ancient memory is of Space Invaders and Donkey Kong (the arcade machine ones).