The Game Boy turns 20! What's your favorite portable game and why? - CHAT WITH THE STAFF!

SLy AsymMetrY

Feb 23, 2009
I had Tetris on the first gameboy right up until the machine died of old age-the screen gradually fading away, losing the ability to show anything but an extremely faint outline of blocks....then....nothing-sob! Like watching a fading heartbeat on an ecg machine. But the best value for money game/gaming machine ever!

Hatchling

Apr 25, 2009
The first real gameboy was my first console, everyone else may have been able to play on a big screen but I was portable as long as a didn't mind carrying the brick around with me.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Nothing is ever going to beat my memories of playing all the old SNES games when they came out again on the GBA. I loved going through Super Mario World, Yoshis Island and Zelda A Link to the Past once again. If we're talking about the original GB though, then the answer is easily Pokemon red by far, nothing got more use out of that gameboy than that did.

Actual Charlie Nash

Jul 9, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Of all handhelds ever? I'd have to say Phoenix Wright AA: Justice for All.

Of the Game Boy generation itself? Pokemon Red. Of all pokemon games? Platinum is sweeeeeeeeeet.

Of the PSP? Well, umm, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters is way too short, but is quite amazing.
i agree with everything you have said o_0

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
thanks alot you escapist bastardz now ya make me feel old LOL but anyway first it's tetris then mario ,20 years ago gaming was like drinking , a drink once in a while was okay but i stopped that but the gameboy started a new addiction called gaming and the itch never went away gotta go time to play toodlez

Zephirius

Jul 9, 2008
Pokémon Gold. I have stuck at least a couple thousand hours into that. I think I had 1900 hours clocked on the last save I had. I know I've started over at least 4 times...Ahh, the joys of being 10 and having all the time in the world.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Let's see here.

Atari Lynx(most of you are going to go "what's that?") : Chips Challenge
Game Boy (Yes, my 4 battery brick still works after 20 years) : Tetris
Game Boy Color : Tetris (color version)
Game Gear : Ninja Gaiden
TurboExpress (Yes, I did own a lot of obscure gaming systems, why do you ask?) : Dungeon Explorer
Game Boy Advance : Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls
Nintendo DS : Final Fantasy Tactics:A2 (it's much better than the first)
PSP : No good ones yet (Hopefully Persona if it gets ported into the US)

sonicspin

Nov 13, 2008
Zool: Ninja on the 9th Dimension on the Game Gear was good! On the GBA I loved the Megaman Zero series, and on the PSP Power Stone Collection was where it's at!

Yegargeburble

Nov 11, 2008
GB: Pokemon Red

GBC: Pokemon Crystal

GBA: Erm...tough choice here...going with Fire Emblem for this

DS: Chrono Trigger

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
"You're"? I'm not a portable game. Such a horrible mistake made by someone from the staff?

I'd go with Megaman Battle Network 3 for GBA, Pokemon Yellow for GBC and Bleach: Dark Souls for DS.

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
Abedeus said:
"You're"? I'm not a portable game. Such a horrible mistake made by someone from the staff?

I'd go with Megaman Battle Network 3 for GBA, Pokemon Yellow for GBC and Bleach: Dark Souls for DS.
Totally busted! Thanks for pointing that out. I appreciate everyone keeping an eye out for grammar errors. What can I say, it happens. In the future though, please PM me if you find a mistake like that just so we can keep the thread on topic. Thanks for the vigilance though!

tenlong

Apr 26, 2009
dragon warrior monsters and a close second pokemon yellow. i remember when i got dragon warrior monsters i played it non stop. i didn't leave my room unless to use the restroom or to eat. it was awesome except sometimes i had no idea where to go or what to do. i didn't have the internet then so i had to figure it out for myself.

rohit9891

Jan 21, 2009
I'll have to go with pokemon yellow.It stayed pretty much true to the story and at the same time was a real fun game to play.It kept me engaged for days and it's one of the best games I've played.Ofcourse pokemon red and blue were also good.