The Game of Your Childhood

Moosebite

Jan 1, 2009
Kid Chameleon was an all time fave. I just watched a speed run of it and it blew my mind. I wasted so much time trying to beat it legit.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I had no idea what game it was until about 3 years later though.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
My most memorable childhood games had to be Alien Trilogy, Splatterhouse 2 and Vectorman...I miss the days of olde.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
rayman
zelda: ocarina of time
warcraft II (duh duhduh duh duh, duh duh duhduh... ah you know how it goes!)

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
On the BBC Micro I remember playing 'L- the Mathamagical Adventure', and on the reeeaaallly old Acorns at my primary school a game called 'Chaos 4' was all the rage in year 6.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Marvel vs Capcom 2. Ah the joyous arcade memories. Ah...nostalgia.

Further on, Skies of Arcadia: Legend. Oh how much I played that game.

*Drowns in Nostalgia*

Sarcastic Chimp

Sep 3, 2008
Crash 2, 3 and CTR, Spyro 2 and 3, Mario 64, Pokemon Yellow and Silver/Gold, Croc 2, some crappy Toy Story racer on PSX that I loved, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye and No One Lives Forever on the PC. Great game.

KeithA45

Jan 19, 2009
Knighty-boy said:
What game if any, is the game that most reminds you of your youth.

mine a toss up between Ace combat 3 electrosphere, Worms Armageddon or a bit later, Halo: Combat Evolved
Wow, how old are you? Did you just start gaming in the last 7 years? Seriously, I mean no offense but I still think Halo is rather new to be in someone's "childhood gaming" category

I'd probably have to say games like G.I.Joe - Atlantis Factor for the NES, Tetris Attack for the SNES, or Kirby Superstar for the SNES all hold sentimental childhood memories for me. I also hand-held gamed alot more when I was younger, so games like Pokemon (Red, Blue and Yellow only) and any of the Kirby or Zelda (Link to the past especially) games for Gameboy/Gameboy Color also remind me of when I was younger.

And for the record I'm 19.

EDIT: How could I have forgotten Megaman (NES and SNES)?!

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
It's a toss up between Mega Man X and the original Star Fox. Ah I remember when Star Fox first came out, it was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. Now when you look at that game, it was just a bunch of horrible looking polygons, but back in 1993 it was the most amazing thing in..well ever. And the gameplay and music in Mega Man X just drove me nuts, such an adrenaline rush.

EDIT

Ocarina of Time would fall into this category as well. I memorized that whole game when I was younger. I actually had the whole Biggoron Sword run memorized as well. Only bad memory I have of that game is the freaking water temple. No matter how much I memorized that game, I always got stuck in the water temple.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
pokemon blue, i have basically every pokemon game but blue was my first, i played it FAR too much, completed the pokedex several times and had many many max level pokemon

or else a NES/ SNES game, i played super smash tv a lot more than was normal...

Cogings

Jan 15, 2009
I don't think I've seen anyone mention it yet but ..

SEGA RALLY!
That game was sweet!

btfx

Feb 3, 2009
Last Battle, by HackerS SquaD

Do I win an award for most obscure?

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0012914

BenMcMichael

Feb 6, 2009
I would have to say these titles:
Sonic the hedgehog 1,2 &3 (megadrive)
Mortal Kombat 1 (megadrive)
Duke Nukem 64 (Nintendo 64)
Pokemon Yellow (GBC)
Final Fantasy 7 (ps1)
Final Fantasy 8-greatest game of all time!! (ps1)
Final Fantasy 9 (ps1)

They would be my favourite games of my childhood, yes i did play an 18 rated game when i was like 6 :)