The Game of Your Childhood

clicklick

Oct 29, 2008
Mario, Excite Bike, Road Fighter, Duck Hunt, Contra on the NES.

Doom, Wolf 3D, Need for Speed 1, Test Drive 1 , Prince of Persia original for PC.

Boy that was FUN !!

JokerGrin

Jan 11, 2009
Splatterhouse 2. The game that first got me into gaming. It nearly makes me well up when I start it now.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
The Sonic games for the Megadrive (Sonics 1-3 & Knuckles). Especially Sonic 2, the twoplayer mode provided some truly epic lols in my childhood, long before that term was even coined, most likely. :)

Going way back though, there are the real oldies like Paperboy (Commmodore 64!).

Although I wasn't really in my childhood any more at the time (having entered into the dark realms of "teenagerness") the one game that reminds of the good old days more than anything else has to be NiGHTS into Dreams. If I could only play one more game again, that would be it.

Yeh, back in the 90s we teenagers weren't quite the vicious, psychotic nutjobs you get these days!

I jest, of course...:p

DiscoTuna

Aug 6, 2008
So many choices, but I'd have to go Ocarina of Time. I still haven't technically completed it, whenever I kill Ganondorf's second form, the credits roll, and I'm just stuck on a red tinted image of Link and Zelda. If I reboot the console it takes me back to before the final battle with Ganondorf. 11 years I've been stuck in that loop.

SBoggart

Jul 2, 2008
Either Banjo-Kazooie or Dynasty Warriors 4. I played both obsessively. Banjo was my first video game, so naturally it's quite dear to me. That said my friend and I were both Dynasty Warriors addicts with a love and obsession of the game so great it bordered on the semi-erotic...

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Contra was huge for my brother and me, and we'd also play the neighborhood at Tecmo Super Bowl, forming a league and playing an entire season (my brother, as Buffalo, beat me, as San Francisco, in the Super Bowl, after we'd beaten the kids next door in the conference title games.)