The Gay Community.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
zehydra said:
There is no such thing as "the gay community", for the same reasons there is no such thing as "the gaming community" or various other communities.

They overemphasize the organization and collective thought of a particular demographic
I agree this is the largest reason why the whole feminist community doesn't really work as well. Sure everyone has some general idea in common but the people and ideas are so varied things just don't add up when you try to gather what the so called community thinks.

irishmanwithagun

Mar 6, 2012
Vault101 said:
your still generalising

and the sad fact is there are twats in all groups..no matter how marginalised. and will use that marginalisation as an excuse to be a twat

like feminists who think drag is "offensive to women" or some such shit

eather way don't lump them all together..it will only annoy people
You're generalising based on a few small encounters, but to answer your question I'd like the LGBT community to grow up and realise just how damaging the whole "here and queer" stick is to their own movement. It's just like Affirmative Action, you can't cancel out segregation by MORE segregation.

TheOrb

Jun 24, 2012
Well, in my view, this can ALL be sorted by a few bouts of racial cleansing:

Everyone who is overdefensive: shoot them
Everyone who overreacts: shoot them
Everyone who is ignorant: educate them, if failure persists: shoot them
Everyone who is pretentious: shoot them
Everyone else who fit undesirable criteria should be evaluated by appropriate officials.

Then shot.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
irishmanwithagun said:
You're generalising based on a few small encounters, but to answer your question I'd like the LGBT community to grow up and realise just how damaging the whole "here and queer" stick is to their own movement. It's just like Affirmative Action, you can't cancel out segregation by MORE segregation.
uuuhhh....what?

I think you quoted the wrong person

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I wasn't aware that being gay made people act like a hive mind...

If people are arrogant and childish they are going to act like that whatever sexuality they are. I think your lesbian friend took offence because you basically stereotyped her in with everybody else who shares her preferences.

Think of how ridiculous it would sound if someone said 'You straight people you are all alike' :/ It's just silly.

VikingKing

Sep 5, 2012
People who behave or believe in radical ways that unsettle or frighten others are often put into groups, given overarching character traits, and assigned stereotypical behavior as a way of making them easier to understand. They become the Other.

Kind of like how the folks who like My Little Pony get stamped with the Brony label if they're old enough.

Or how those weirdos playing games using electronic devices are clearly Gamers. Living in their mother's basement, unwashed and out of shape, socially awkward to the point of anti-social. All that.

Eventually the Brony, the Trekkie, the Gamer, the Gay, the Jock, the Nerd, the Bimbo, the Prep, the Man, the Woman, and all those other Others will become people.

Just have to spend enough time getting to know them, so that you don't need that title to know where to begin.

Now then, I'm going to go beat on Illinois Nazis. Because screw those guys!

Dec 3, 2011
Your post is segregative and generalising. You sound like a total homophobe.

Someone being a twat has nothing to do with their sexuality. Every minority has its twats.

irishmanwithagun

Mar 6, 2012
Vault101 said:
irishmanwithagun said:
uuuhhh....what?

I think you quoted the wrong person
Whoops, I meant to respond to the OP. Sorry about that, I'm still a paperboy here.

Seagoon

Feb 14, 2010

Wat.

That is one hell of a generalization.. Most gay people I've met seem fairly civil. You need to remember that stupid people will always be stupid people, regardless of gender, race or sexuality.

Kurenaino

Oct 29, 2010
Um...you could apply this to any group. This right here is a perfect description of humanity. That is just how people are. People are dicks, and every now and again, you meet a good one. Don't apply this to a single group of people when it applies to the whole.