The Humble Origin Bundle: 8 games redeemable on Origin

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
DoPo said:
SweetShark said:
I don't have NONE of this games.......NONE!!!
So, you have all of them? :p

OT: Got the bundle, just the "basic" version, though - I don't care for either Battlefield or Sims 3. I might probably try out Dead Space a-a-and...I'll have the others available for gifts when I want to gift them to somebody. It's an OK deal.
Heh, I am dead serious about that. Nearly all the games I have in my Steam account [242 total] are from bundles I bough with only 1-5 euros each. Plus I have games in Desura and Gog as well AND DRM games and Physical Copies.
The problem I have really is the time.......Having a job is a curse of happiness and sadness at the same time man...

For example there is a "Doujin" Bunble in Groupes. I have plans to buy with 1,50 dollars many Good games:

http://groupees.com/doujin

I use very wisely my Videogame Database if you remember ^^

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
SweetShark said:
DoPo said:
SweetShark said:

OT: Got the bundle, just the "basic" version, though - I don't care for either Battlefield or Sims 3. I might probably try out Dead Space a-a-and...I'll have the others available for gifts when I want to gift them to somebody. It's an OK deal.
Heh, I am dead serious about that. Nearly all the games I have in my Steam account [242 total] are from bundles I bough with only 1-5 euros each. Plus I have games in Desura and Gog as well AND DRM games and Physical Copies.
The problem I have really is the time.......Having a job is a curse of happiness and sadness at the same time man...

For example there is a "Doujin" Bunble in Groupes. I have plans to buy with 1,50 dollars many Good games:

My joke failed :( You said that you don't have none of the games - double negation.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
This is an awesome bundle if only for Dead Space and Mirrors Edge alone. On top of it EA donates everything to charity. That is a good PR move no matter how you look at it. So what if it's a move to get people to use Origin? Not like it's much worse than Steam, that early controversy was resolved (thank you, german gamers!) and Origin and Steam are mostly the same software-wise.
I dislike EA as much as the next guy due to their business practices but if they're willing to better themselfs, I might be willing to buy from them again. And this looks like they are willing. If Valve did something similar, who would be calling it an evil ploy to get people using Steam? Hardly anyone, because everyone would be praising them for donating their earnings to charity. Why aren't we praising EA for donating to charity?

EA, you have deserved my praise for this bundle.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Good deal. Been wanting to try BF3 for a while.
Origin is kind of bad though. Doesn't tell me how fast my downloads are when they're going and Dead Space 3 just stops sometimes. Have to restart the whole thing.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
DoPo said:
SweetShark said:
DoPo said:
SweetShark said:

My joke failed :( You said that you don't have none of the games - double negation.
A! I see. My English failed me once again >_<

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
TehCookie said:
If they provide Steam keys for most of the games doesn't it ruin the point of making you install Origin?
The games that are redeemable on Steam were made before Origin was a big thing for EA.

OT: Already picked it up. Already had most of the games but I really had my eye on Burnout. I guess I'll just throw a few codes at my friends.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
Don't forget that you can redeem the Origin and Steam codes if the game has the option.

So for example you are getting two versions, Origin and Steam, of Burnout Paradise.

Vegost

Apr 30, 2013
I purchased one, but having played most of the games that seem interesting before (Mirrors Edge, Burnout, Dead Space), and since the "pay more than average"-games does not have steam-keys, I didn't fork out as much as I probably should.

toquio3

Nov 7, 2006
SweetShark said:
LetalisK said:
So they have Dead Space 1 and 3, but no Dead Space 2? I don't get it.
Humble Bundle is very well-known for the extra game its put after some days.
I guess DS2 maybe will relieved later.
I always hated this hiding of games until later. I bought the bundle for $1 because i didnt want bf3 and the sims. I did want dead space 2 though, so if they add that later, I just wont buy the thing a second time just to beat the average. They end up losing money because I would totally pay $5 if the humble bundle werent dicks and just came out honestly with ALL the games on the deal.

BernardoOne

Jun 7, 2012
toquio3 said:
SweetShark said:
LetalisK said:
So they have Dead Space 1 and 3, but no Dead Space 2? I don't get it.
Humble Bundle is very well-known for the extra game its put after some days.
I guess DS2 maybe will relieved later.
I always hated this hiding of games until later. I bought the bundle for $1 because i didnt want bf3 and the sims. I did want dead space 2 though, so if they add that later, I just wont buy the thing a second time just to beat the average. They end up losing money because I would totally pay $5 if the humble bundle werent dicks and just came out honestly with ALL the games on the deal.
Erm, you dont know how it works, do you? The bonus games are for ALL PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THE BUNDLE IN THE FIRST WEEK(this includes 1$ purchases!) You do not need to buy the bundle a second time!

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Origin is kind of bad though. Doesn't tell me how fast my downloads are when they're going and Dead Space 3 just stops sometimes. Have to restart the whole thing.
It does show how fast the download is going. Open the client and click on the small arrow beside the download bar and that'll give you the information you're looking for.

OT: Yeah, fantastic deal. The fact that some people are finding reasons to moan about it just boggles my mind.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
anthony87 said:
hazabaza1 said:
It does show how fast the download is going. Open the client and click on the small arrow beside the download bar and that'll give you the information you're looking for.

OT: Yeah, fantastic deal. The fact that some people are finding reasons to moan about it just boggles my mind.
Yeah, just found that. Weird place to put it.
Still doesn't stop this whole "not downloading" thing. That's annoying, but probably due to server overload or something.

AlexLoxate

Sep 3, 2010
At the end of the day you get all those games for $5. Does it really matter what EA's intentions are with this?

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
I have avoided Origin for a long time, but, I want to play BF3, so I got this Bundle and downloaded Origin finally. I hope I don't regret it. Everything else that I could I just activated on Steam, although now I have a Burnout key I don't need, so I'm hoping to find someone that would like it.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Question to people who have used Origin before:

I'm trying to download Dead Space 3, but the download just stops every, like, 200-300 mb or so and just sits there. I can't even pause/resume it at that point. I need to restart the whole client, and then it continues for a little bit. Is this a problem due to overload? Is this, like, normal? Is it a problem on my end somehow? Halp.

Sep 14, 2009
anthony87 said:
hazabaza1 said:

agreed, considering every penny is going to charity or humble bundle, it is impossible to complain about this in any way or form. hell most of the games have keys for steam as well.

I am not saying I love EA, but this is a great start to them perhaps getting a chance in the future to impress me.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Question: For the games that come with Steam keys is it either or, or is it both? Like if I redeemed by Steam key would the Origin key just become defunct or what?

TehCookie said:
If they provide Steam keys for most of the games doesn't it ruin the point of making you install Origin?

Well it's worth it for Mirror's Edge at least. Also it will be nice to have an updated driving game, since I've still been playing Midtown Madness for my fix.
The point isn't to force you to install Origin, it's to raise money for charity, and generate good will from gamers.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
As much as I hate EA this is a sweet deal. I didn't want all the keys though, so if someone is interested in the games in the quote box here then PM me and I'll reply the key to you.
I'm assuming the Origin keys still work even if I've activated the Steam one for the game.
>Crysis 2 (Origin)
>Medal of Honor (Origin)

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
I don't think you're supposed to share the keys unless you chose the gift option.
Seems kinda cheap to cheat a charity drive that way, anyway - though I realize there's nothing to stop it.