The Inbetweeners USA Trailer.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Someone sent me this trailer yesterday. I couldn't get passed 1 minute before I turned it off. I just looks terrible. I think that they've missed the point and awkwardness of Inbetweeners completely, and have made some sort of OMG HIGH SCHOOL rip off comedy. This makes me sad. I implore you, Americans, do not watch it.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I seen about five minutes of the pilot for the American version of the IT Crowd and it was not all that good. I have never heard of The Inbetweeners. That is mainly because I am an American and I have almost stopped watching TV altogether. Only show I watch anymore is The Simpsons.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Shows cannot air in America without American actors because of a leverage agreement the union has with the networks. Reason we get to see original Doctor Who on Sci-Fi Channel late at night, or Flight of the Conchords on an obscure cable network. Sucks but true.
Ah, well thanks for informing us of this it's something that's always bugged me.

I hope it's something that gets repealed in the future, American audiences would enjoy the British originals more and personally as a Brit i don't like seeing prized TV shows bastardised as they are on American television.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Able Seacat said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Here's hoping they don't remake Misfits.
Sorry, but there is going to be a Misfits [http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s145/misfits/news/a369895/misfits-us-remake-to-shoot-in-late-2012.html] USA apparently. Nothing is safe.
No...no..

WHYYYYYY!???????

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no no no no stop it america your being bad again no

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
Sean Hollyman said:
I wasn't being sarcastic.

And...what.. no.. they can't... ugh... NO!!!!!

Here's hoping they don't remake Misfits.
unfortunatly i heard a while back there are plans for a remake of that too but i havnt heard anything in a long time so hopefully not!

Findlebob

Mar 24, 2011
Aside from the bit "it wasnt cheap it had gold in" this is the most idiotic idea to ever grace TV.

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
Abandon4093 said:
Oh say it aint so.

Say it aint So Aarow... I'm not... I'm not sure how to react to this.
Yeah...i know but the one thing that im interested to see is that christopher lioyd is in it as either grandad or uncle.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
Why must you do this?? Do you hate us British or something?

It's like their top gear...it's an exact copy of ours only they make it more "American"... I think i will go bang my head against a wall now..

BringBackBuck

Apr 1, 2009
EdwardOrchard said:
Its like The Office. I'm a fan of the American version, but I've never seen the British one. If I had seen the British version first and liked it, would I dislike the American?
No they are both good shows and funny in their own way. It's not just an "Americanised" facsimile of the original, David Brent (Gervais) is a different character to Steve Carell's Michael Scott, as are all the other main characters. The basic premise is the same but the material is original so it still works.

OT: love the youtube respons to the Inbetweeners clip: 20,000 dislikes to 300 likes.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
maninahat said:
Look at it like this. At least they're not going to touch Mrs Brown's Boys. Not in a million years. Please don't touch it.
Oh god, don't say that, now you just know they're going to take it.

America, you have people making very good shows in your own country, stop trying to steal ours and make them terrible.

satanslawer123

Aug 6, 2009
you ruin all our nice things!!
screwing over asian horror ~wasn't enough
screwing over torchwood ~wasn't enough
screwing over inbetweeners ~ will not be enough
america won't be happy antil the remake everything in this world america please face it other countries are better than you at some things!!

JerryTerry

Jul 14, 2009
To be honest, I've always found Inbetweeners to be a pile of crap anyway. The US can have it. I get that not all British comedy has to be high-brow dry wit, but the plot for Inbetweeners can be pretty much summed up by "Someone jizzed in the back of my car LOL" and "I can't masturbate because the dog is watching LOL".

Just make sure they don't do Spaced USA (Which they were going to do, but luckily didn't) or Blackadder USA.

Or The IT Crowd U- OH JESUS CHRIST, DAMN YOU AMERICA.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
This looks like a spoof more than a remake.
The reason The Inbetweeners worked in the UK is the same reason it never would in the US, even if they showed the original. Our culture has this fascination with people making fools of themselves and we love it. That's why the Apprentice is so immensely popular here.

Suki_ said:
I have never heard of this show before but I just watched this trailer and a couple of the UK ones. I have to say the UK one looks like complete shit compared to this remake.
Yeah your opinion is just wrong

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
The Plunk said:
I didn't particularly like the original, but this just looks horrifyingly bad.

I'm more disgusted by the fact that they're remaking Only Fools and Horses, though.
They're making an American remake of Only Fools and Horses?
*Flips desk*