The Jiggly Problem

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Redlin5 said:
Forlong said:
Paragon Fury said:
Women's boobs, specifically.
How many other genders do you know that have boobs?

In answer to your question, what the woman said to you is the reason they get so bent out of shape about it. Men are generally very interested in breasts. This is because large breasts imply a very fertile and healthy woman. Instinctively, most men are very attracted to large breasts.

But you are right about the double standard she had. What if those other guys were objectifying women? You certainly weren't, and you where the one being told off. That is not fair, but life hardly is.
You hit the nail on the head there. I'd just like to point out that while a good number of men look at breasts first, most of my friends and I look at the face first ;)

[sub][sub]Oh and boobs aren't the first thing we look for in a partner. There's also a good ass, sexy legs, PERSONALITY I MEAN PERSONALITY <.<[/sub][/sub]
As do I, I can't even give you an estimate of boob size on any of my female friends, because I don't really care. The girl I'm interested in however I could venture a guess, but I can also tell you her birthday, how many siblings she has, her eye color, etc. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't even notice a girls boobs, until after I become interested in them.

Cyael

Nov 16, 2010
I can't believe i read the title so poorly i thought it said "Jiggly Pokemon"

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Phasmal said:
Regnes said:
Legs and hips are indications of beauty while breasts in our culture are indications of sexual beauty as well as regular beauty. Being caught checking out a girl's shape equates mote as a "Hey I find you attractive" sort of statement, while being caught staring at a woman's cleavage is closer to, "I'd totally be jacking off to you right now if I could."

EDIT:

Also your example isn't a double standard. The likely situation is that you're not very good looking, while the football players probably are better looking. They're certainly more dominant and in better shape, she's just appealing to the better mates.

I mean, who are you going to be more careful about offending, the guy you want to bang or the guy you don't want to bang?
This a bit.

Are you seriously moaning you cant oogle tits IRL?
Some guy you dont know with his eyes down your shirt is usually not a pleasant experience, because the guys who dont see the need to be subtle about it are most commonly the same kind of guys who dont see the need for other things... like soap.

Women are like this about tits because when you are a woman the message is `You are your tits! Tits are great, but dont show them off or you are a whore!`. Its perceieved as pretty much a purely sexual area of your body, unlike legs.
It gets a bit annoying.
And with things like articles on here that has more to do with wider issues of treatment of women by the game industry which is a whole other conversation. And as for why characters like Ivy are an issue, its not because of their sexualisation but because thats basically all there is to them. Moviebob did a good show on that, I suggest looking at it.

Basically.. deal with it. You're a guy. You dont have people leering at you, and if you want someone to leer at, type tits into google.
My best friends fiance and my ex both go/went to an all girls school, so I know what it's like to be leered at, I also know what it's like to be condemned as a terrible evil person because of my gender.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
artanis_neravar said:
My best friends fiance and my ex both go/went to an all girls school, so I know what it's like to be leered at, I also know what it's like to be condemned as a terrible evil person because of my gender.
I'm not really sure if you are trying to say I think that men are terrible people, cause I dont.

Also, yeah, some guys do get leered at, its usually not quite the same as women, but I should have included that. I have edited it.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Phasmal said:
artanis_neravar said:
I'm not really sure if you are trying to say I think that men are terrible people, cause I dont.

Also, yeah, some guys do get leered at, its usually not quite the same as women, but I should have included that. I have edited it.
I apologize, I was not saying that you think men are terrible people, I was just including the other side of the leered at spectrum.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
artanis_neravar said:
I apologize, I was not saying that you think men are terrible people, I was just including the other side of the leered at spectrum.
Its okay, I didn't think thats what you were trying to say, but you can never really be sure. XD

But yeah, it sucks to be everybody at some point.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
Regnes said:
Legs and hips are indications of beauty while breasts in our culture are indications of sexual beauty as well as regular beauty. Being caught checking out a girl's shape equates mote as a "Hey I find you attractive" sort of statement, while being caught staring at a woman's cleavage is closer to, "I'd totally be jacking off to you right now if I could."

EDIT:

Also your example isn't a double standard. The likely situation is that you're not very good looking, while the football players probably are better looking. They're certainly more dominant and in better shape, she's just appealing to the better mates.

I mean, who are you going to be more careful about offending, the guy you want to bang or the guy you don't want to bang?
man, that's totally a double standard. It's okay if hot guys do it, but not ugly guys. That's text book double standard

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Phasmal said:
artanis_neravar said:
Its okay, I didn't think thats what you were trying to say, but you can never really be sure. XD

But yeah, it sucks to be everybody at some point.
I also should have included that I understand what you were saying and that being leered at is very uncomfortable. And my case is rare, it really only happens at the all girls school, and only because of the type of people who go to all girls schools

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
artanis_neravar said:
I also should have included that I understand what you were saying and that being leered at is very uncomfortable. And my case is rare, it really only happens at the all girls school, and only because of the type of people who go to all girls schools
Heh.
I went to an all-girls school.
I never wanted to, but my mum wouldn't let me go to the local one with boys because it was a `Slut factory`.
But I totally know what you mean, all girls schools can be like prison. xD

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Forlong said:
octafish said:
Oh there are some men with boobs. Man boobs if you will...
pffh said:
Genderqueers that have a female sex, fat men and fat genderqueers with a male sex. Well that wasn't hard.
rhetorical
? adj
concerned with effect or style rather than content or meaning; bombastic

I did not require someone to point out moobs or transgenders, thank you.
Well sorry that my computer doesn't register your special rhetorical text.

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
Forlong said:
octafish said:
pffh said:
Genderqueers that have a female sex, fat men and fat genderqueers with a male sex. Well that wasn't hard.
rhetorical
? adj

Genderqueers aren't transgenders.

GigaHz

Jul 5, 2011
pffh said:
Forlong said:
octafish said:
pffh said:
rhetorical
? adj

Genderqueers aren't transgenders.
Can't we just use freaks or weirdos as a blanket statement?

:p

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Phasmal said:
artanis_neravar said:
Heh.
I never wanted to, but my mum wouldn't let me go to the local one with boys because it was a `Slut factory`.
Oh good, I was slightly worried that I would have offended someone with that comment, but hey there's still time right? XD

Necroid_Neko

Nov 24, 2011
It's true what you say about women having doube standards, I went to a theme park with three of my female friends, one of whom was wearing a very short skirt, but for some reason I got their annoyance for wearing a mildly clevage-revealing top. Maybe it's just jealousy (I am somewhat better endowed than most of my friends)

As for the woman's double standards? I imagine it's to do with the fact that the girl in the picture you were looking at is a) unrealistically proportioned. Even as an anime fan myself I have to ask how any man will ever look at me twice if that's the kind of girl he idealises - whereas I at least have a chance of looking like a model in a magazine some day so that doesn't irk me half as much. And b) it's pretty much socially acceptable to look at 'lads mags' whereas it's not quite so acceptable to look up anime girls just for their breasts as this woman doubtlessly thought you were, she probably just saw the character's chest size and jumped to the conclusion that that was the only reason for you to be looking at it.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Lionsfan said:
I misread the title at first. I thought this was going to be about 100%-ing Banjo Kazooie
Oh you poor sweet innocent child... here, have some chocolate, now run along home!

artanis_neravar said:
Phasmal said:
artanis_neravar said:
Heh.
Oh good, I was slightly worried that I would have offended someone with that comment, but hey there's still time right? XD
My (all-girls school) was known locally as "The Whore House on the Hill" - nice, huh? ;O) Didn't feel like a prison, mainly becuase it was on 4 different sites, so we'd have to change sites at least once a day, maybe more, BUT having that many bitchy, hormonally-challenged pubescent girls concentrated in a small area was rarely fun for the 7 years I was there!

By the way OP: Know that phrase "bitches be crazy?" tis funny cause it's true! I'd bet women wouldn't be so sensitive about them if they weren't so bloody OBVIOUS, and in some people's case, sodding awkward. Le sigh.
Phasmal said:
Some guy you dont know with his eyes down your shirt is usually not a pleasant experience, because the guys who dont see the need to be subtle about it are most commonly the same kind of guys who dont see the need for other things... like soap.
Tis true!
Phasmal said:
`You are your tits! Tits are great, but dont show them off or you are a whore!`.
Tits or legs. you can have one matching pair out at a time, but not both. Low top + short skirt = slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag. Apparently. (Converting to Islam and/or wearing a burqa would solve the ogling problems, but prob. not the being stared at problem.)

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
IckleMissMayhem said:
artanis_neravar said:
Phasmal said:
artanis_neravar said:
Heh.
My (all-girls school) was known locally as "The Whore House on the Hill" - nice, huh? ;O) Didn't feel like a prison, mainly becuase it was on 4 different sites, so we'd have to change sites at least once a day, maybe more, BUT having that many bitchy, hormonally-challenged pubescent girls concentrated in a small area was rarely fun for the 7 years I was there!
Now imagine and all girls college (which is what this was) where most of the girls had a person reason to go there, and only 20% or so went there for financial reasons, or because the school had the program they desired.