The Knight

Zeriah

Mar 26, 2009
So was this like Inception? A dream within a dream? Is Erin still knocked out at the bar?

Bah, Bah, Bah, Bah, Bah, Bah, Bah, Bah, Bahm.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
...Clever.

While I've enjoyed this arc from the beginning, this raised the level by a good bit.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Farther than stars said:
Wow, that makes this arc so much better already. But, aside from the one grammatical error, what the hell was Erin thinking?! Of course bones are as hard as bricks. If they weren't we'd all be jellyfish. I guess if her subconscious knew that he wasn't real she might have been expecting less of a backlash, but the nocebo effect can be a cruel thing. Or maybe I'm over-thinking this?
I think it's because outside her delusion, she'll have been punching the hard floor.

If he's Link, whose apartment is that?

Edit: Or, you know, the literal brick wall.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Sandytimeman said:
snagli said:
So. We now know that Erin can throw herself out of a window, then grab herself by the ankles and suspend herself in midair.

Shit, I need to smash my head into a lamppost, I want to do that too.
Or as with the last panel, it all happened in her head and she is still in the bar booth.
That is a bus seat, not a bar booth.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
9thRequiem said:
Nice twist.

Although I do have to wonder how he dangled her out the window by her ankles if he wasn't real ...
Well it was foreshadowed by her throwing Peppy out of a car & him actually hitting a car, and I mean really doing so (at least if I remember correctly).

capcha=dish water

Gaboris

Dec 22, 2011
...*headbutts table*
Okay a LOT of ppl called this(although I'd say most of them are like me and they only thought of this after someone brought it up :) ), but this whole talking and interacting with the real world kinda puts these idea off sooo I'm kinda surprised. O_O
artanis_neravar said:
Little Girl Erin did say she was "going back in" so if I had to guess they were temporarily real, especially since they were interacting without Erin being there
Yeah I read this, but STILL who'd think of this out of the blue am I right? :D

Can't wait to see what's next so keep up the great work the way you wish. :)

TechTim

Apr 15, 2011
called it! loved lil' erin's shirt looks like mega man breakin a brick mario style

Sejborg

Jun 7, 2010
So all this boring storyline ended up with was this boring conclusion? I should have known.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Fappy said:
Zhukov said:
If he's Link, how was he able to talk? Ot at least, talk without saying, "Excuuuuuse me, Princess"?
At least he didn't invite her to dinner for some octorocks.
Great a new conspiracy about Link!
I say it's in the clothes, as soon as he strats to change to his normal gear he doesn' talk!

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Smertnik said:
THAT was Link? With that massive jaw? I've never played anything Link related but isn't he supposed to be a kid of some sort?
In some games yes, in some games he's in his late teens or early twenties.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Griffolion said:
I don't get what it all means, was her own subconscious trying to fix her or something? :/
Pretty much.

Her inner child coerced her imaginary Link to play along. It's a Tylder Durden thing. The Blond Guy never existed. He was just Link posing as someone else. Basically, Erin is going literally nuts because her subconscious is now taking direct control of her hallucinations.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Scrustle said:
How did a hallucination dangle someone out of a window by their feet?
I believe it's been implied for some time that they may be more than hallucinations. Remember when Erin and Mol escaped the hospital? Erin threw one of the stowaways out the car window, and one of the cars following seemed to hit an invisible bump in the road.

Then there's the time Link pulled her out of the way of a car. If she didn't see the car, how could she have jumped away?

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
What a tweest! :O

As for explainning the physics of being held by or drinking with one's own delusions, I always like to think of erin as being the equivalent of haruhi suziyama or w/e her name is, you know imagination turning real and all that stuff.

Shanshu_Prophecy

Sep 13, 2010
For those wondering, look in the last panel. There are no cuts and bruises. Looks to me like it was all in her head. She probably managed to stumble onto a bus, and she's been asleep on the bus while all this has been going on.

Not sure if Little Erin is going to become a split personality as she is "taking over", but somehow her delusions are going to have a stronger hold on her in the future.

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
Bloodtrozorx said:
Soooo did all those people in the bar see Erin sitting there hitting on herself and drinking imaginary beers that Link bought? That must have been hilarious.
Yeah, that's what I was wondering too. I think Erin's hallucinations are getting to be like something out of Inception.