The Knight

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
CD-R said:
I had a feeling this guy was going to be a video game character after all but I figured he was going to be the guy from Runaway. Since he looked just like him aside from the blonde hair.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/runaway_2_the_dream_of_the_turtle

Oh well. Cue plot twist music

Argued with my friend for days that this was Zelda (our first playthrough of it) and when the reveal finally hit he said something to the jingle of "Well, uh, fuck you."

:p

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Grey Carter said:
The Knight

I Want You To Hit Me As Hard As You Can

Read Full Article
Now you're just messing with me, playing into my whole Erin Stout/Tyler Durden theory. Love it. So, she's either going full Fight Club, with being unable to distinguish when she's the watcher, and when she's the doer, or she can now see the rift in reality that is caused by game characters interacting with us. "We're going back in." This reminds me of Doomsday Arcade, and how real those characters became. Maybe a split between the two? That would be cool.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Why you cheeky little.... I did not see that coming!

But what has Zelda been doing all this time?

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I feel like alot of people knew it was Link. I mean I always thought they were the same.

But the whole, just inside the head thing is probably catching people off guard.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
I'm thinking that the reason the imaginary character's jaw was as hard as a brick wall was because she actually punched a brick wall.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
Or, you know, the literal brick wall.
That's actually really good. I wonder if Carter is a sophisticated enough writer to have actually meant that. As for who's apartment that is, I'm pretty sure it's just an abandoned building, hence the "Now leasing" sign outside.

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
The first comment "mind=blown" about sums it up. But I WAS wondering what happened to Link.

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
Dammit, I so knew that was coming!!!
God dammit, I should have already mentioned it as a crazy theory, and now I could have totally said "Ha, I told you, didn't I!?"
*sigh*
Whatever. Now I'll just have to look out for the next plot-twist and spoil that instead. :3

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Okay, wild mass guessing time. Ever since the "Erin is hallucinating" arc started, there's been a niggling feeling in the back of my head that maybe, just maybe, the hallucinations aren't hallucinations, but some kind of aliens escaping through a rift in her brain. I mean, the name of the initial story arc was "Stowaways." That sounds less like she's imagining things and more like she's got something real taking a ride around in her brain. Plus there's <link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/9010-Stowaways-Smash>this comic. I know it's a reference to a painting by an artist that Grey Carter is a fan of, but I wonder if there isn't a secondary meaning there?

Or the comic could just be about a woman slowly slipping into madness and depression. That's always a possibility.

JohnTomorrow

Green Thumbed Gamer
Jan 11, 2010
*slow clap*

I can just see Erin pulling a full Tyler Durton. Muttering into her beer at the pub, then suddenly getting into a fight. Stumbling into an abandoned apartment building either too drunk or hurt to know or care. I'd suspect everything about her dangling out the window was all in her head, she was probably slumped on the ground under the sill....but then she just starts beating the wall until her knuckles are bloody.

Craziness personified.

Brilliant.