The Knight

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
That was damned-epic! I now feel how I was 'supposed' to feel at the end of Fight Club (had it spoiled for me before I saw it.) So damn that was awesome!

Tbh, having your inner child as your guiding hand instead of a cavalcade of miscellaneous videogame characters is probably the way to go, theres a lot less knob twisting going on inside.

My predictions for the future here: Erin will apologize to her friends, then offhandedly make snide comments to save face, get some damned sleep (maybe snuggling suchong), and return to work at least 40% less crazy.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Devoneaux said:
Wait...One last question...Link wasn't real, so what was she punching? You'd think her sub conscious would NOT put her in a situation where she hurts herself.
An actual brick wall.

AniThari

Jun 26, 2010
I just want to say, because I don't get to very often (i.e. my Mass Effect 3 prediction involving Geth makes life difficult) so please allow me this moment to gloat:

AniThari said:
RazadaMk2 said:
DJ_DEnM said:
Just gonna give a prediction: The guy's gonna be a figment of her imagination. Possibly a game character, and that's why she was rubbing her own leg. Because he is part of her.
That was the logic I was going for myself. It fits with the character and all. Slightly mental, getting hammered, nice guy in skeezy bar.

I hope this is not the case though. Could get interesting if they add another person into the mix. Although I have to agree with Elcia (Oh god, somebody shoot me) in that this joke is getting a bit drawn out and tired. Plus if I wanted relationship drama I would keep reading Questionable Content. Which I do. But this feels like it is going the same way.

Jokes being drowned out in favour of relationship/mentalness drama.

My bet would be Link's best attempt at a disguise, if it had to be any of the characters in her brain. Think about it. His name is four letters long, he's a blue-eyed blond, he has earrings, and he wears green over gray undershirts. And Link honestly is the only helpful one of all the characters in her brain.

Or he could be a nice guy. That too! Not discounting it... *shifty eyes*
^_^ I might not have been the first to say it was her imagination, but I called Link. *does happy dance*

*pauses* Ah, man. Now I know what they mean by TV tropes will ruin your life. *headdesk of sadness* No more surprises for me I guess. =[

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
...I'm sorry you lost me, what just happened?...Did we have a multiple personality takeover?...was she really hanging out the window? Did she drag herself to an abandoned apartment? Was literally everything in her mind?...I'm so confused.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
I love how delightfully and ridiculously insane this is all getting. It rather reminds me of my own life.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
zombiekiller1907 said:
Good arc, but I already saw people calling this out, so I wasn't that surprised.
I wonder if this is the last time we'll get to see mini Erin.
we need many mini Erins

Erinception!

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Love it.

Every other time an "inner child" persona crops up in a story like this, it's usually "this was the good you, the innocent/pure you, listen to it;" which when you think about it makes no sense. Here, it's giving the (bad) advice a persona like that would be expected to give ("regress, don't change, keep doing what you've been doing, all we need is us," etc.)

Or that's what I took away from it, in any case. Bravo.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Farther than stars said:
Binnsyboy said:
Or, you know, the literal brick wall.
That's actually really good. I wonder if Carter is a sophisticated enough writer to have actually meant that. As for who's apartment that is, I'm pretty sure it's just an abandoned building, hence the "Now leasing" sign outside.
I don't know, it sounds like something I would write, so I doubt it's all that sophisticated. That said, I didn't notice the new leasing sign.

Kind of trashes the theory I had that they're more than just hallucinations. Which would have been supported by them remaining outside her head when she left, and by them being able to get ahold of an apartment.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
...I think my brain just exploded there. Hang on... ah, much better.

Seriously, I knew there was something off about that guy... but this is just... wow.

But did it all really happen? Or did Erin imagine the whole thing? Did she imagine going into her own head? But wasn't she already imagining it? And where does that leave us? What is real and what is imaginary, if we can't trust what is being shown to us?

...I think I just went crosseyed there. Gimme another minute.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Sandytimeman said:
snagli said:
So. We now know that Erin can throw herself out of a window, then grab herself by the ankles and suspend herself in midair.

Shit, I need to smash my head into a lamppost, I want to do that too.
Or as with the last panel, it all happened in her head and she is still in the bar booth.
Except that's a bus/train seat... and she still has face injuries.

MY MIND IS BLOWN

Also, people are now reacting much better, now that there's a bit of closure explaining the arc.

mfw this turns out to be a brilliantly crafted satire of player reaction to Mass Effect 3 Extended

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
CD-R said:
I had a feeling this guy was going to be a video game character after all but I figured he was going to be the guy from Runaway. Since he looked just like him aside from the blonde hair.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/runaway_2_the_dream_of_the_turtle

Oh well. Cue plot twist music

Ah! But you see...you didn't post the full version. Allow me to! *Cue said plot twist music*

personion

Dec 6, 2010
Whaaaat.

If this was all in her head, which apartment did she go to? Did she just lead herself into a random abandoned apartment? Did she unlock the door to a real apartment and un-imagine the people in there away? Who was holding her out the window? Was she holding herself out the window? Did she actually fall and sustain more brain damage? Did any of this actually happen at all, or was she just dreaming of it? Shouldn't she be able to listen in on the conversation of Link and child-Erin? What was the point of all of this?

That being said, I still enjoyed this arc. HOPEFULLY SOME OF THOSE QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED THOUGH.

Caramel Frappe said:
I was about to ask how she could dangle herself out the window- but I think she imagined it all even before being in that empty apartment. Remember when she was waking up in the apartment, that it was all blurry like she was dreaming?

I don't think she left the bar, but she did fight people and got bruised up because.. usually people do break out into fights at the bar lol. Still, this was an interesting twist and I honestly enjoyed this arc. However I wonder what will become of Erin besides the jokes about games or movies coming out.
Hmm that would explain it.

Owyn_Merrilin said:
Okay, wild mass guessing time. Ever since the "Erin is hallucinating" arc started, there's been a niggling feeling in the back of my head that maybe, just maybe, the hallucinations aren't hallucinations, but some kind of aliens escaping through a rift in her brain. I mean, the name of the initial story arc was "Stowaways." That sounds less like she's imagining things and more like she's got something real taking a ride around in her brain. Plus there's <link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/9010-Stowaways-Smash>this comic. I know it's a reference to a painting by an artist that Grey Carter is a fan of, but I wonder if there isn't a secondary meaning there?

Or the comic could just be about a woman slowly slipping into madness and depression. That's always a possibility.
I like this idea. It would also explain how she physically interacted with them.

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
Grey Carter said:
The Knight

I Want You To Hit Me As Hard As You Can

Read Full Article
Okay, so answer me THIS if you would be so kind.
I got the "jaw like a brick wall" quip thanks to some facebook comment, but that still leaves the question ...how was she dangling from the window by her ankles without anyone holding her o_O?!!