The longest you've slept, the longest you've been awake.

Andothul

Feb 11, 2010
Longest Ive slept was actually just 2 years ago when i got a rather strong strain of Swine Flu

(you know the worldwide pandemic that was supposed to end humanity?) put me down for a good 24 ish hours.

Longest Ive been awake 2 and a half days at camp because we all thought the cabins were haunted.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
This years Desert Bus I managed to stay awake for almost 3 days straight, something like 70 hours. I then proceeded to catch long naps so I didn't die but still watch it. I think over the 150 hours I managed to stay awake for about 110ish. I then slept for 16 hours.

Garyn Dakari

Nov 12, 2011
Longest awake for me would be 50 hours, about. School, yard work, indoor work, modding, Arkham City...

Longest asleep was 13 hours.

sizzle949

May 4, 2009
Longest I've ever slept was 17 hours. I worked the summer at a camp for 2 months straight getting an average of like 6-7 hours of sleep so the night I got back I crashed at 9:00pm and woke up at 4:00pm the next day.

Longest I've been awake was around 40 hours. For some reason one night I just couldn't fall asleep but I still felt well rested enough that I didn't need to take a nap or anything the next day.

M4t3us

Oct 13, 2009
I developed a slight sleeping disorder when I was 8, I usually go on for weeks without sleep. the longest I stayed awake was 16 days, and then I slept for 27 hours.

MMSouthpawVIII

Sep 5, 2008
Bobbity said:
Somewhere over forty hours? Overseas with some friends, spent the whole day sightseeing, the whole night fucking around, and then sightseeing again the next day. Nearly killed me. :p

Don't think I've ever slept more than fourteen hours though, and that would be pushing it.
Gandalf makes that so much better

OT: I'm not sure I did about 3 days awake when i was little, but there was a little bit of sleep thrown in there. So I guess about 40ish consecutively

Sleeping- around 20 hours after spending a day being sick from food poisoning

masterbazza

Mar 24, 2011
EternityTransfer said:
139 hours awake. (5 days, 19 hours)

That nearly killed me. I was okay after 20 hours. Around the 35-hour mark, fine co-ordination began to be difficult (writing, or picking up small objects was tricky). Near to 50 hours, I began to feel sluggish when I moved, and also began to black out for a few seconds at a time. At roughly 80 hours, the need to sleep was like a constant ache, and I couldn't really think. After that I felt less of a need to sleep, but the blackouts were more frequent, even if I was doing something (as opposed to just sitting). I also started to hallucinate - I was hearing and seeing things. At around 120 hours, I began to black out more frequently, but for shorter times - almost like tiny flickers where my brain seemed to switch off and back on again, and even thinking was difficult.

The strange thing was, even at that late stage, I was still partially functional - I was awake during a fire in my hometown, and over those days we managed to keep most of it under control, even with the intense disadvantages that came with the sleep deprivation.

--------------------------------------------------------

29 hours asleep.

This time was unremarkable - I remember nothing, don't even remember a single dream. How boring.
*salute*

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
5 days longer than the world record for surviving without sleep eh? Pretty impressive!

Most I ever managed was around 61 hours, from an attack of insomnia I just couldn't sleep at all for 2 nights. By the middle of the third day I was pretty desperate for sleep but didn't want to break up my sleeping cycle so I powered through it. Oddly I wasn't taking micronaps at that point and I normally do that when I have to go more than 24 hours without sleep.

Longest sleep is probably about 11 hours, but over the course of a 2 weeks I was probably awake 15% of the time, I'd just wake up feeling exhausted and go almost straight back to sleep.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Longest I've ever slept was about 24 hours as a child. I think I was sick.

Longest I've ever been awake was also 24 hrs. Once my body knows 24 hrs have passes, it shutdowns wherever I happen to be. So weird.

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
Longest asleep was about 18 hours, nothing special about that, just sleep.

Longest awake was 8 days. I never got the hallucinations, etc that everyone says they get, I got really tired and felt like shit. Then again, I regularly go 2-3 days with no sleep, so it's not that big a deal.

Though I will say that if I start seeing things I'll freak out. I really hope that never happens because my mind can create some weird shit.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
about 2 days awake but by then I'm already climbing into bed because I'm constantly yawning which I wanna get rid of -.-

lacktheknack said:
I am physically incapable of pulling an all-nighter. I passed out after twenty hours.

I'm also a bit of an insomniac. I've managed to sleep for eleven hours, when I had a milder flu.
An Insomniac who is incapable of not sleeping? WOOT!?!?!

GeneWard

Feb 23, 2011
Longest awake was 4 days. It was fucking insane, I just walked around the peninsula I live on 24 hours a day listening to "Wish you were here" on my iPod on a loop. Didn't eat, kept alive by energy drinks which I would get every time my circuit of the Wirral took me too a Tesco. You'd think I had a good reason, like some insane way of coping with loss, but no. Just something to do :)

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
The record for staying awake has to be somewhere around 2 days, and I once slept for 19 hours, but I woke up once for a minute or so before I fell asleep again. So maybe that doesn't count?

notsosavagemessiah

Jul 23, 2009
Queen Michael said:
I just woke up. I went to sleep at 07:30 AM, and I woke up about half an hour ago, at 09:30 PM. So that's 14 hours of sleeping, which is the longest I ever slept.

Last week I stayed awake for 46 hours, without any other help than habanero chips. Longest period of waking ever.

What's the longest you've ever been awake, and the longest you've slept?
longest period of sleep? hm... i'd say about 20 hours when i was in the hospital. As for longest time awake, well,about 3 friggin days. I hate helicopters.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Longest I've slept is about 20 hours, give or take.
Longest I've been awake is about 5 days straight. Man I was fucked up after that...