Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I would argue that's only really the case for this season so far. Mando gets his ass kicked quite a lot in Season 1.
In the S1 finale, mando was badly wounded, which is why there was that scene about him not wanting to take off his helmet for the droid to give him healing spray.

Also, apparently Pedro Pascal was injured while wearing the "badly wounded" makeup for that particular scenes and the EMTs who responded freaked out thinking he was critically injured.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Its a fun season enough, but its sad that so many characters are going to die because they're already dead by the time the Force Awakens happens. Ahsoka, baby Yoda, Boba Fett, probably Mando himself. They all need to be dead in the next 20 years, and bet me the writers are gonna be okay with a happy ending for baby Yoda, and then go "Oh yeah he died in a speeder crash 4 years later, lol"

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Its a fun season enough, but its sad that so many characters are going to die because they're already dead by the time the Force Awakens happens. Ahsoka, baby Yoda, Boba Fett, probably Mando himself. They all need to be dead in the next 20 years, and bet me the writers are gonna be okay with a happy ending for baby Yoda, and then go "Oh yeah he died in a speeder crash 4 years later, lol"
Eh, they could probably have them off doing other stuff in the galaxy during the Sequel Trilogy stuff. As long as they stay away from the Hosin system when TFA happens, and the rest of the movies are localized enough they remain scrodingers characters, not alive or dead until disney says they are.

And if Darth Maul can survive until Obi-wan cut him down in the Tatoonie desert in Rebels despite all the other shit that happened to him(like being cut in half and tossed down a shaft) and Palpy can somehow survive being thrown down a pit on an exploding space station, the rest can survive until confirmed dead.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Eh, they could probably have them off doing other stuff in the galaxy during the Sequel Trilogy stuff. As long as they stay away from the Hosin system when TFA happens, and the rest of the movies are localized enough they remain scrodingers characters, not alive or dead until disney says they are.

And if Darth Maul can survive until Obi-wan cut him down in the Tatoonie desert in Rebels despite all the other shit that happened to him(like being cut in half and tossed down a shaft) and Palpy can somehow survive being thrown down a pit on an exploding space station, the rest can survive until confirmed dead.
If I recall correctly during the final scene in Rise of the Skywalker where Rey hears all the dead jedis telling her its okay, Ahsoka is one of the voices, implying she's dead.
And baby yoda seems like a thing that would be important for Luke to know about, and they never reference him(her?) in the sequels.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Also, apparently Pedro Pascal was injured while wearing the "badly wounded" makeup for that particular scenes and the EMTs who responded freaked out thinking he was critically injured.
Damn that would be hard to explain HAHAHAHA

Only Ahsoka "needs" to be dead. Since Rey heard her in her little faceoff with Palps. But even then, Ahsoka's entire existence clashes with the movies. So I'll accept whatever dumbass reason they'd come up with to have her still kicking around in the sequels. Everyone else isn't important enough to really matter to the movies.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
If I recall correctly during the final scene in Rise of the Skywalker where Rey hears all the dead jedis telling her its okay, Ahsoka is one of the voices, implying she's dead.
And baby yoda seems like a thing that would be important for Luke to know about, and they never reference him(her?) in the sequels.
No. They didnt reference either in the ORIGINAL movies. Instead, Yoda sent Luke to fight Vader by himself with little training when he KNEW they was at least an Ahsoka out there.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
No. They didnt reference either in the ORIGINAL movies. Instead, Yoda sent Luke to fight Vader by himself with little training when he KNEW they was at least an Ahsoka out there.
Did Yoda know about Ahsoka? I didn't really watch Rebels too much, so was there an episode where they meet up? As powerful as Yoda is, I didn't think he was capable of just sensing every single individual Jedi in the galaxy. Even during Order 66 he mostly just felt Jedi dying all over the place, not each individual or location.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Did Yoda know about Ahsoka? I didn't really watch Rebels too much, so was there an episode where they meet up? As powerful as Yoda is, I didn't think he was capable of just sensing every single individual Jedi in the galaxy. Even during Order 66 he mostly just felt Jedi dying all over the place, not each individual or location.
It stands to reason that Yoda knew her. Not only is he on the Jedi council , he personally knows Anakin/Obi-Wan and would no doubt be aware of the former's new apprentice (I still don't understand this arrangement, wasn't Anakin still training under Obi-Wan at the end of the prequels?).

Something I realized after the last episode is that this show is kind of got a growing problem with too many "high-level" villains showing up. We already had Gideon running around being menacing (with added knowledge that Bo Kataan is looking for him and his not-lightsaber), and now we know that Thrawn is out being nefarious, again, plus we know from other material that both Maul and Palpatine are out there too. Got too many "Emperors" and not enough "Vaders", y'know?

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
It stands to reason that Yoda knew her. Not only is he on the Jedi council , he personally knows Anakin/Obi-Wan and would no doubt be aware of the former's new apprentice (I still don't understand this arrangement, wasn't Anakin still training under Obi-Wan at the end of the prequels?).

Something I realized after the last episode is that this show is kind of got a growing problem with too many "high-level" villains showing up. We already had Gideon running around being menacing (with added knowledge that Bo Kataan is looking for him and his not-lightsaber), and now we know that Thrawn is out being nefarious, again, plus we know from other material that both Maul and Palpatine are out there too. Got too many "Emperors" and not enough "Vaders", y'know?
Yeah there isn't really much going on, is there? Like where's the Sith inquisitors/fallen Jedi hunting down Baby Yoda? I mean even Ahsoka's episode felt kinda...fillery. Like when you look at it Mando goes to a planet, is told his princess is in another castle, and leaves. And everything in between was Ahsoka being badass, which is great, but she didn't even go with him!

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Anakin was knighted sometime during the Clone Wars. Ahsoka was kicked out of the Jedi Order near the end of the Clone Wars, and went her own way since then.

Honestly, I was never a big fan of the Ahsoka character, but it at least rounded up nicely when it looked like she died in a duel with Vader in Rebels. Only, they do some timey-wimey bullshit in the series finale to retcon that. At that point she just feels like Dave Filoni's pet character that is just the bestest and he tries to get inserted into the whole franchise wherever he can. Which really steals Luke's thunder as the inheritor of the Jedi mantle. Blegh.

And yeah, it looks like Favreu, Filoni, and Disney are trying to use Mandalorian as a spring-board to get their expanded universe moving again, and using the show as basically a cinematic universe vehicle is definitely weakening its own narrative and themes.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
IIRC, during the finale of Clone Wars, Yoda probably aware that Ashoka was off on Mandalore(well, technically on the return trip) when the purge went down so he could assume there's a decent chance she escaped.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Which really steals Luke's thunder as the inheritor of the Jedi mantle. Blegh.
Rey: sweats nervously

But seriously, Ahsoka is far from the first and only character to have caused this "problem", both in the old EU and in the new canon. I don't disagree that her inclusion in so many things is getting out of of hand, but frankly if I had to choose between not having all this extra fluff of "Yeah Ahsoka was totally there, just offscreen to the right" and just being stuck with steaming pile of disappointing shit that is the sequels for the next decade, I'd choose the former every time.

Did Yoda know about Ahsoka? I didn't really watch Rebels too much, so was there an episode where they meet up? As powerful as Yoda is, I didn't think he was capable of just sensing every single individual Jedi in the galaxy.
They met each other in a Force vision thing in Rebels. And supposedly, yeah he was powerful enough to do so, or at least powerful enough to reach across the galaxy to speak to Jedi who enter places strong with the Force.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
They met several times at the Jedi Temple. Yoda was present when Mace Windu was doing his level best to try and turn the Jedi Council’s pathetic fucking abandonment of her to a show trial in a kangaroo court into her great trial as a Jedi and she rightfully told him - in TV-Y7 language - to shove it up his ass and go fuck himself. Yoda knows exactly who Ahsoka Tano is.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
They met several times at the Jedi Temple. Yoda was present when Mace Windu was doing his level best to try and turn the Jedi Council’s pathetic fucking abandonment of her to a show trial in a kangaroo court into her great trial as a Jedi and she rightfully told him - in TV-Y7 language - to shove it up his ass and go fuck himself. Yoda knows exactly who Ahsoka Tano is.
Well no of course he knows who Ahsoka is, I was more asking did he know she survived Order 66, and that she was working with the rebels? Like during Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, did Yoda know Ahsoka was still out there pimping around?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Well no of course he knows who Ahsoka is, I was more asking did he know she survived Order 66, and that she was working with the rebels? Like during Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, did Yoda know Ahsoka was still out there pimping around?
I imagine he did know that, but given she abandoned - quite publicly - the Jedi Order and all it stood for because they fucked her over big time and her life was going to be hard enough as was already, probably chose not to paint a bigger target on her back than was already there.

Not that it mattered since Ahsoka got involved with the Rebellion off her own bat regardless I think, but it’s the best explanation I’ve got. Squeezing all this shit inbetween Already existing story was never going to be seamless.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I imagine he did know that, but given she abandoned - quite publicly - the Jedi Order and all it stood for because they fucked her over big time and her life was going to be hard enough as was already, probably chose not to paint a bigger target on her back than was already there.

Not that it mattered since Ahsoka got involved with the Rebellion off her own bat regardless I think,
And conspicuously wasn't around to train Luke.

I'm not the only one to have said this, but there's only so many Jedi you can have running around post-Order 66 before Luke and Leia feel less like the last of the Jedi and more just a pair of Force users in a galaxy where there's plenty of them.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
And conspicuously wasn't around to train Luke.

I'm not the only one to have said this, but there's only so many Jedi you can have running around post-Order 66 before Luke and Leia feel less like the last of the Jedi and more just a pair of Force users in a galaxy where there's plenty of them.
Well the list so far sits at:

Luke
Obi-Wan
Yoda
Leia
Ahsoka

Kanan dies in Rebels, and Ezra goes what we in Babylon 5 fandom would call ‘beyond the rim’. So that’s five in total in a galaxy of trillions. Hell even if there was a hundred you’d be dealing with such an small number compared to the normies it ceases to be relevant.

Last edited:

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Well the list so far sits at:

Luke
Obi-Wan
Yoda
Leia
Ahsoka

Kanan dies in Rebels, and Ezra goes what we in Babylon 5 fandom would call ‘beyond the run’. So that’s five in total in a galaxy of trillions. Hell even if there was a hundred you’d be dealing with such an small number compared to the normies it ceases to be relevant.
Well, yeah, but the number's arguably irrelevant anyway, since the Jedi Order had, what, maybe a few thousand at its height?

Maybe I'm thinking of the old EU, where Jedi who survived Order 66 popped up left, riight, and centre, but, well, considering that Ezra and Ashoka were part of the Rebellion, you'd think that someone, at some point, would mention "oh hey Luke, did you know there were these other Jedi who showed up before you did? Yeah, just thought you might like to know."

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Well, yeah, but the number's arguably irrelevant anyway, since the Jedi Order had, what, maybe a few thousand at its height?

Maybe I'm thinking of the old EU, where Jedi who survived Order 66 popped up left, riight, and centre, but, well, considering that Ezra and Ashoka were part of the Rebellion, you'd think that someone, at some point, would mention "oh hey Luke, did you know there were these other Jedi who showed up before you did? Yeah, just thought you might like to know."
Such is the inherent issues with things like this. I mean in another life, Luke would probably have bee calling Ahsoka “Aunty Ahsoka” because that’s how close she and Anakin Skywalker were.

It is what it is, and I can accept the little inconsistencies as just life being life.

Reactions: Dalisclock