The many breeds of hater, which one are you?

Aug 1, 2010
I am a Hater Who Doesn't Really HATE Anything But Dislikes The Golden Age Quite A Bit.

I have a general dislike for retro games COMPLETELY because of number 1. Also, people that seem to think old games are "glorious amazing perfect games"

If we just accepted the impact they had and admired them as HISTORY I wouldn't have a problem. But then someone has to go and say the original GoldenEye is better than any shooter ever made.

And although I never hate out of need to be on the bandwagon, I OFTEN hate games the bandwagon does, but for other reasons.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
I would be the closest to the "Golden Age" hater. I swear I should have been born in the 60's, raised in the 70's and be chilling by now.

Giftfromme

Nov 3, 2011
I am the "Golden age hater" for sure. New games give me aids. I installed fucking battlefield 3 on my pc. So then an update comes for origin and it stopped working. And now it won't reinstall. Absolutely fucking useless. An update breaks the program completely? Retarded.

Heroes 6. 15 minutes into my session, "Conflux" (their shit online thing) decides I've disconnected from the internet and that the game will then go back to the main menu. But this does not happen and instead the game freezes so completely that keyboard commands are not picked up. Wow I wonder how often this will happen and that the game will freeze up so that I have to shut down my PC? Awesome prospect!

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
I'm the person who hates games he's played and doesn't like, I can't pass judgement on a game I haven't played...so the hypocritical hater (see what I did there?) :D

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I'm pretty much a troll hater. I hate rpgs and games that resemble anime style. In all honesty, though, I just think I'm picky with what I choose to play.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
I thought this was going to be a fun game with maybe some introspection going on, but instead everyone's trying to be clever and mock everyone else in some underhanded way. Like a spawning pool for the internet at large :\

Actually responding to the question, though, I'd definitely be a 3: there's something iffy about a game that many people have played and liked. That must mean it's bad, because everyone but me is stupid. It's like some biased equation... "if X number of people have played Y game, times those who really liked it, etc. etc"... ultimately coming out to me deciding (without having played the game) that it is rubbish.

Mix in a bit of #1, as the immediate newness of the thing only provides more cause for a knee-jerk response. I've been compared to the old man sitting on a park bench complaining about the newness of new things and how it's not the same.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
7) The cynical purist hater... damn dumbing down screwing up gaming for everyone else!

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
neonsword13-ops said:
I would classify myself as a Regular troll.

I told my friends...
Soap dies in MW3
and I get a lot of flame for it.

For some reason, I enjoyed it. :3
cod4 was the last cod game i played so i was really confused until i realized you were probably referring to some npc

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Sarpedon said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Sarpedon said:
I know I shouldn't, but I'm gonna go ahead and say it.

OP, I find your lack of grammar disturbing..
10 time doesnt do that to people. And because it grammar is bad I not or yes not do change to OP. You disturb at grammar is understand but i say I am not bother fix grammar since you still read.
Yeah, but WHO WAS PHONE?
THE NUMBER YOU HAVE DIALED IS CURRENTLY OUT OF PORK CHOPS.

OT: Probably 5. Towards shonen noticeably.

MoNKeyYy

Evidence or GTFO
Jun 29, 2010
ElPatron said:
ToastiestZombie said:
This is the one that thinks every new game is a brown people shooting micheal bay movie.
They aren't?

I miss colours in shooters, so what? Come at me, bro!
Bro I'll come at you aiming down the sights of an underpowered gun that I can only hold six clips for while not being able to stand in the open and having to suck my thumb behind cover to get better when you shoot me with one of your many fun, powerful guns that mean you can stand up to hoards of enemies while you run at 40 miles an......Where was I going with this again?

OT: I'm a cynical snob. FUN IS SUBORDINATE TO ART!!! Just kidding, neither should have to be sacrificed for the other.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
neonsword13-ops said:
I would classify myself as a Regular troll.

I told my friends...
Soap dies in MW3
and I get a lot of flame for it.

For some reason, I enjoyed it. :3
why would someone want to kill a cleaning agent?

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
how about the hater that can give legit reasons on why he hates and can back it up with examples?