The Matrix 4: Resurrections Trailer

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Well, a teaser for the trailer. That last shot has me thinking if the Wachowski (iirc only one of them is involved now) went ahead with making Neo a woman. Supposedly that's implied to have happened in The Matrix Online. Could just be long haired Keanu of course.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
For me Matrix ended on that highway in Reloaded. But really the first one is the only good one. Add Bound before it and that's it for the Wachowskis' good track record. It's been nothing but a speedy spiral into embarrassing, over-indulgent "Nobody tells them no anymore" shtick since then. They're just gonna George Lucas their baby again.

Reactions: gorfias

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I will say it again: What's the fucking point? Let some things end; Christ! I never liked the sequels and The Animatrix is the only other spin-off that's done something useful for the franchise. Jet Li's The One did more than the Matrix sequels ever could. I rather just watch the Director's Cut of Dark City again. Dark City I always preferred over The Matrix on a story and character level.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So, on one hand, I like the Matrix trilogy as an excellent first film, a good second film, and an average third film.

On the other, this looks like a borderline reboot.

Jet Li's The One did more than the Matrix sequels ever could.
More of what? Both have over protagonists defying the laws of physics, but what do they have in common apart from that?

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
There's not much to extrapolate so far. Spose I'll give it a chance, but with extremely tempered expectations, especially after hearing that dialogue.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Ok I'm seeing things I already don't like. I.E. recycling moments from the First movie. The Deja-Vu Cat, Someone's mouth being literally sealed/vanishing, The liquid mirrors, and of course the Pills

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
More of what? Both have over protagonists defying the laws of physics, but what do they have in common apart from that?
It's not about what they have in common in this case (Dark City is a better version of the entire trilogy), but what The One did better and differently from the sequels. The One has better action sequences, better use of its sci-fi elements (multiverse theory), and makes me give a crap about what happens. I like the idea of how if one version of yourself dies or is killed, the power transfer to another alternate self. It makes everything in the sequels look like old hat, because everyone was copying or parodying The Matrix at that point before either sequels came out.The sequels try so hard to be smart with all of the fancy world salad terms, while still trying to look cool, that everything comes off as boring or laughable.

Last edited:

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I find it amusing that they didn't even try to hide that not only Neo, but Trinity is back for this movie even though in the last movie they DIED.

Like didn't even hide the fact that they have Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss in the casting list.

So what's the excuse now for bring Trinity back to life. Neo I can kinda get, but Trinity is DEAD, FLAT OUT DEAD, IMPALED WITH A METAL REBAR.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I find it amusing that they didn't even try to hide that not only Neo, but Trinity is back for this movie even though in the last movie they DIED.

Like didn't even hide the fact that they have Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss in the casting list.

So what's the excuse now for bring Trinity back to life. Neo I can kinda get, but Trinity is DEAD, FLAT OUT DEAD, IMPALED WITH A METAL REBAR.
Her consciousness was absorbed into the Matrix. There, boom. Done. The sequels started making up a whole bunch of bullshit as they went on. There were also vampires and orgasmic cake. Don't expect ANYTHING in this follow up to make any sense - the Wachoski's are just gonna use this as another oppertunity to wax philosophical about a bunch of nonsense and show some shit they think looks cool. They're basically a slightly less obnoxious version of Zack Snyder.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
The One has better action sequences, better use of its sci-fi elements (multiverse theory), and makes give a crap about what happens. I like the idea of how if an alternate version of yourself dies or killed, the power transfer to the alternate self.
The One is nobody's ***** but the early 00's cheese that movie has makes me laugh out loud. Jason Statham pulling that American accent fucking hurts.
edit: seriously with the censorship??? well, I hope everyone gets the reference

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The One is nobody's *****
Type in biatch or bitches, you won't be censored.
early 00's cheese that movie has makes me laugh out loud. Jason Statham pulling that American accent fucking hurts.
Yep, but still better than the sequels. This movie or Ghost of Mars was pretty much most peoples first introduction to Jason Statham. Funny enough, both movies came out the same year only a few months apart.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Her consciousness was absorbed into the Matrix. There, boom. Done. The sequels started making up a whole bunch of bullshit as they went on. There were also vampires and orgasmic cake. Don't expect ANYTHING in this follow up to make any sense - the Wachoski's are just gonna use this as another oppertunity to wax philosophical about a bunch of nonsense and show some shit they think looks cool. They're basically a slightly less obnoxious version of Zack Snyder.
I'll only be excited for the "shit they think looks cool" if its anything like the Car Chase of the 2nd Movie among other things.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private

May update this when the trailer is out. I'm convinced Warner Brothers has nothing new to say with this movie. I'm convinced it's gonna be even worse than The Force Awakens in that regard.
Exactly what I thought too. The Recycling of things from the first movie left a sour taste in my mouth. The worse one imo is the "mouth being sealed shut to your face" thing. Like come on what will be the point of it in the new movie?!

Also long time no see Ezekiel.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
May update this when the trailer is out. I'm convinced Warner Brothers has nothing new to say with this movie. I'm convinced it's gonna be even worse than The Force Awakens in that regard.
Right now it looks like another nostalgia boner film with not much effort. Can we get another Ninja Assassin? I know the Wachowskis did not direct the movie, and were producers, but I find it more interesting than whatever this is gonna be.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Exactly what I thought too. The Recycling of things from the first movie left a sour taste in my mouth. The worse one imo is the "mouth being sealed shut to your face" thing. Like come on what will be the point of it in the new movie?!

Also long time no see Ezekiel.
He was on my Streets of Rage 4 thread last week. That said, he's not on the forums as much.