The moment your childhood died

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Possibly during middle school when I found how different I was from everyone else. Or maybe earlier when I came home to find out my cat had to be put to sleep.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Man, I'm 21 years old and I'm still a freaking child lol.

But my childhood died when I was 13 and I started playing Final Fantasy XI Online. That's when I stopped hanging out with my old friends, when I realized the true natures of people, and when I started neglecting all of the things that made me who I was growing up.

Still, I will forever watch cartoons. Give me Looney Tunes or Spongebob over SNL any day.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Cowabungaa said:
I think when I learned that for everything I really wanted and was passionate about as a child you needed an education I could never do for all kinds of reasons. Been living aimless ever since.
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Technically... nothing. Still have it. I have the Child at Heart perk and always will. Screw your rules. :p

Though, if I had to pick one, or something fucked up, it would have to be receiving death threats from random people(mostly adults) that they'll kill me or that I should kill myself because I am trash and a coward and I'm a threat and a ticking time bomb and ect.

Humans are an evil race of creatures. They cherish child innocence but would actually be willing to kill someone who still has it.
They're just being protective. Of course what they're doing is extreme, but with all the absolutely horrible crimes commited because, well, because of what you are, it's pretty understandable. Understandable, but of course still awful to do. As long as you haven't done anything wrong they shouldn't judge you. It's not like you can help it either hm?
Actually, very fe-, oh never mind, the thread would be derailed faster than a Loli can do something cute. Which is always. o_O

But, it is somewhat ironic because, legally speaking, I am still a child myself. So they act hypocritical. Oh joy to the human race for hating someone whom they have no understanding of. :p

So... yeah. :l

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I can't actually can't think of anything, my childhood was great and nothing "killed" it *phew*

ChippedShoulder

Nov 10, 2010
If anything, the child in me is getting stronger. (Help! He's gonna kill me) SILENCE YOU! (He's gonna eat my soul please help. GAAAHHHHHHH) HAHAHAHA YOUR SOUL IS MINE, ALL SHALL BE EATEN BY THE MIGHTY MANCHILD

Leg End

Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
FamoFunk said:
I can't actually can't think of anything, my childhood was great and nothing "killed" it *phew*
You are an incredibly lucky bastard.

[sub]A bastard in the awesome sense of the word of course. :p The respectful meaning. :l[/sub]

boradis

Nov 18, 2009
I both envy and feel bad for the posters who think they'll never have that moment. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. The only way you can avoid that moment is to have death blindside you first, or by being autistic enough to never form emotional bonds.

For me it was when my father died when I was 13.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
LegendaryGamer0 said:
FamoFunk said:

[sub]A bastard in the awesome sense of the word of course. :p The respectful meaning. :l[/sub]
Hahah! I agree with you, bro.

Reading things on forums from real people makes me feel very lucky and fortunate about how certain things have turned out.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
well there's a guy who lives near our village whose nickname is Shaggy. When I was about six, I overheard my mum talking about him, and I went "oh, wow! You know Shaggy and Scooby?" And she was like "uh... yeah!"

So she took me to the local pub to meet him, and I was like O_O!!!! He played along, and when I asked where Scooby was, he said "oh, uhh... Scooby died a few years ago."

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
The day I learned about masturbation or the day I saw Batman Begins.

Both hastened my transition into adolescence, I'm not sure which more so than the other.

Timmons

Mar 23, 2010
when i first bought 'The black parade' when i was 13...which got me seriously into music.. changed my life forever.
Though its not exactly my favorite record today, it still had a massive impact on me..

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Never. I carry my childhood with me.
Though if pressed for when it stopped being fun/innocent, probably 4th or 5th grade.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
The day my mother died. There werw plenty of things going wrong at the time, but they were about to be resolved. Then that happened, and I learned the harsh reality that not everything gets better with time. The fact that it started the second biggest downward spiral of bad events in my life didn't help either. The worst would come three years later.

Leg End

Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
FamoFunk said:
LegendaryGamer0 said:
FamoFunk said:

Hahah! I agree with you, bro.

Reading things on forums from real people makes me feel very lucky and fortunate about how certain things have turned out.
Protip: Never get on 4chan at 3:00AM. You will lose your childhood happiness unless you are a nigh soulless bastard.

Like me. o_O

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
When my mom had a complete mental breakdown when I was 12 or 13. It was actually one continuous series of suicide attempts going in to a mental health insulation then being released then starting the process over again, this continued for a few years...

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
Hmmmm... When i was about 10 years old one of my closest friends lost his eyesight in an accident, yeah those were 'em less fortunate times.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
My childhood is fine. But at some point in the past it must have started sharing space with maturity as well.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
The moment I discovered shock pictures on the internet, and grades 8 through 10 in school.
However, I didn't realize how badly I was treated in school until I went on to another school, so it was then my innocence died.