The moment your childhood died

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
When I couldn't call my friends anymore and ask if they wanted to play. All of sudden you had to ask if they wanted to "do something" instead.
Harsh times indeed.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Jabberwock xeno said:
When Toonami was taken off the air.

Sniff...
This. This may be the closest thing that has ever happened to me that nearly destroyed my childhood.

Luckily, there is the Toonami Digital Arsenal. :p

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
About the time I nearly died, not to be melodramatic. About that time I stopped being a child. Sad thing is, this was when I was 15.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
My childhoods fine, why he's right over there, say hi childhood...That's right, anyway yeah mines still intact, sucks to be a majority of you guys!

skaskunk

Apr 12, 2010
well I know this sounds stupid.... but when I finished Need for Speed Underground 2 last summer... When it came out in 2004 it was like this unbeatable,hard,impossible racing game for me... And then I managed to finish it over night on hard difficulty...

Yeah this would be it, among other experiences that were considered "simply-not-doable-as-a-human-being" at the ages between 9-15, and now do not even impress me...

Fun times...

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
Hm...I think it was when my parents put my dog to sleep without telling me. I came home from school that day to find his collar just sitting on the counter and the second I saw it, I knew exactly what happened.

I still have a lot of bitterness towards them over it, actually.

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
I'm 22, and it's still going strong.

Radeonx said:
Probably when my mother started the 8 year sequence of telling me how much of a gigantic failure I am going to be and why I am a waste of space.
Fun times, indeed.
Dude, been there, done that, bought the tee shirt, wore said tee shirt so much it wore out, and am now using it as a rag in my workshop.

It gets a lot better once you move out, just try to hang in there.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
Probably when I saved this one guy from a beating and the next day he told me to go fuck myself. It kind of breaks a kid's illusion of all those "knight in a shining armor"-fantasies.

And some of the magic vanished too when Santa brought me a gift which still had a price tag on it.
"Mom, why this book has a price tag from the local supermarket on it?"
"Santa must have been busy and decided to buy some gifts he couldn't make, honey."
"From our local supermarket?"
"Yes, dear. Santa is a very busy man."
"...Dad didn't go to see his friend on christmas eve, did he?"
*sigh*
I was 7 years old and I felt afterwards that I would have been better off believing in Santa, at least until 10....

Thaliur

Jan 3, 2008
I might be one of few lucky persons, but usually, whenever I get "kicked out" of my childhood, I find a way to get back there sooner or later.

When my mother dies, when I moved out from my childhood home, when I was working on my final thesis...
All these times I felt like the world had lost a lot of colour, everything seemed dull, nothing was actually interesting and a lot of things, even games, felt like chores.

This state lasts only for a few months usually, though.

Chrono180

Dec 8, 2007
I've been without a childhood pretty much all my life, but if I had to pick a particular moment...

When I was in first grade one of the other students made it a special point to pick on me all the time.At one point during recess, about midway through the semester, he caught me on the playground slide. He then grabbed my head and began slamming it down onto the metal surface. When two of my front teeth fell out of my skull he was (I think) surprised enough that his grip loosened and I was able to run away and hide. I made the first of many suicide attempts a few days later, so I think that was the moment that really "killed" my childhood.

knhirt

Nov 9, 2009
There was no specific moment.
My childhood died a long and painful death.