The moment your childhood died

Civillianslave

May 20, 2009
I'd have to say my childhood died in the 80's. Must have been about 8 or 10 and I saw on TV what would happen if they launched nuclear weapons. From that day forward most of my games with my toys no longer had epic stories that ended with the good guys winning but imaginary nuclear clouds and all the toys dying horribly.
Many thanks to my folks for letting me watch the show "Threads" at such a young and vulnerable age.

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
Probably when I was going home from school and figured out the tooth fairy wasn't real. Soon after that, one by one, I found out the other childhood icons weren't real.

evilbryan590

Jan 30, 2011
When I was 6, I started playing runescape.
When I was 8, I started playing Diablo 2.
When I was 10, I started playing Wc3 TFT.
When I was 11, I played about 50 F2P games.
When I was 13, I played WoW.
When I was 15, I played League of Legends.

The fact I can remember all this is scary, and I can officially my childhood was stolen by video games when I was 6.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Behind "Rule 34" the most common answer is "When my parents got divorced".
Am I the only one who had positive feeling aboot my parent's divorce?

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
When I discovered I didn't have many friends :(

Then came the time I decided to harden the fuck up. Now I have all the obnoxious friends I need.

FortheLegion

Dec 16, 2008
After my parents divorce I had to become my mothers emotional crutch to keep her from going completely crazy.

Squeaky

Mar 6, 2010
The day i told a teach that just because my friend my act up from time to time doesnt mean he'll drag me down and if he does we'd help each other out "I know your trying to help but my friends come before my education" I was 12 and Id say iv never lost my childhood really I grew severaly inchs that day..... not like that you sick bastards :D

zarix2311

Dec 15, 2010
omega_peaches said:
zarix2311 said:
When I was four and I played Doom3...yep that's it.
If you played it when you were four, that would mean that right now, you are ten, at most.
OT: When I got into a fistfight with some dickbag in seventh grade.
hmmm...now that I think about it your right, then I think it was doom 2, couldn't really remember. thank you for telling me.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
when I stopped getting birthday parties thrown for me and when my friends parents quit throwing them.....thats when I knew things were getting bad
In addition to that sad bit i think reality cock slapped me in the face hard on 9/11...I mean I still played with friends and shit but it all fully changed then

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
ChippedShoulder said:
If anything, the child in me is getting stronger. (Help! He's gonna kill me) SILENCE YOU! (He's gonna eat my soul please help. GAAAHHHHHHH) HAHAHAHA YOUR SOUL IS MINE, ALL SHALL BE EATEN BY THE MIGHTY MANCHILD
That has to be just about the oddest image my mind has summoned recently.

I'd say it was about the time my main secondary school lessons became violence, humiliation, and my personal favourite "Why humans beings are generally aren't very nice".

And when the child died, the psyhopath cynic was born, dooming the world to a new age of slightly humourous pessimissm.

ViletteMadr

Jan 30, 2011
I would say my childhood ended when i was in 4th grade. I became a bullying target and my parents got divorced. I got less time to spend with my parents and people were being mean to me.

ViletteMadr

Jan 30, 2011
Souplex said:
Behind "Rule 34" the most common answer is "When my parents got divorced".
Am I the only one who had positive feeling aboot my parent's divorce?
I wasn't really upset about my parents got divorced either. I actually didn't care much. I just talk to them much less now.

LMAO that video is really funny.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Hmmm... That would be the day my brother tried to molest me in my sleep... The world certainly looked a different place to me the next day.

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
When my brother stole my birthday present to sell for drugs. My mum was a single mother, still crushed from the divorce, and didn't have that much money to throw around. So when she managed to get something special and thoughtful, and he betrayed us like that, I was devastated. Just a precedent for a long childhood of family disappointment I guess.

But he's moved on, and turned his life around. I still love him so much I would die for him. Family is family, and I've learnt to forgive.

Ross Emmingham

Apr 16, 2010
I believe it would be playing Wolfenstein: Enemy territory when i was 9. I sucked, but damn the blood was everywhere. Also, probably when I was being councilled by my inner voice to take a knife to bed "just in case" (rough neighbourhood, robberies and the such like)

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
Either im still in my childhood or i never had any childhood because I just cant relate to anything on this thread.