The most awful thing you've ever actually done to someone during online play

Soundwave

Sep 2, 2012
Alterac Valley, I was 'defending' one of the bunkers, or towers, or something. And rather than stay at my computer and pay attention, I got up, went to the kitchen and made myself a really nice salad. I came back to see a desperate fight between a shaman and a rogue, against a couple mages and a pally. I could have prevented their deaths, but it was too good a salad to stop eating it.

Oh, also, in the Halloween event, I would lurk around Southshore on my rogue, sapping random alliance players and slipping away. There was one guy I singled out for about half an hour. I'm not sure why he never unflagged himself. But hey, good times.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
el derpenburgo said:
krazykidd said:
Nothing really , i only tea bag if i was tea bagged first
tsk tsk. An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind :'(

With that said, getting teabagged induces a nervous tic in my eye and I do the same thing as you do, but I also teabag first if the person I've killed is a lot higher rank than me. I am a bit of a dick.
Dude i know the feeling . Getting tea bagged makes me rage so damn hard . I just get so angry. Then i start making mistakes .

Grach

Aug 31, 2012
The most hardcore thing I've ever done is taunting people in TF2.

Oh, and I tea-bagged people twice.

Forgive me Lord.

ERaptor

Oct 4, 2010
EVE Online. I was in a pirate Corp, that alone probably counts as something awful, since we pretty much made our money by ruining other peoples days. One of the worst thing we actually did however, was the "Manners"-Game.

Its simple. We would set up our usual routine of patrols and gatecamps, and if we catched a guy, we would chat him up. Usually we would demand an arbitary sum that comes together around ship-value, estiamted cargo and the obligatory "How much do i hate that guy/ his corporation"-fee. When we played the Manners-game however, it all came down to how they talked to us.

Didnt say hello? Shoot his armor down.

Curses in chat? Turn his ship into a wreck.

Didnt use proper grammar? Take the money he pays to get free and blow him up anyway.

We made up arbitary standards every time. Sometimes they had to ask nicely in french/Spain/Klingon within 15 seconds. Sometimes they had to write a little essay about how great we were and how shit the dude in question was, for flying into obvious traps. Sometimes we would keep people hostage for like half an hour, berating them on their bad manners and attitudes, all the while being giant arseholes ourselves. It didnt help that half the fleet would usually get drunk when it got late, there was a lot of accidental shots that would blew smaller ships up right away. I gotta admit, i still think it was hillarious, but for the people on the receiving end, it was probably not funny at all.

The second thing was a newly founded Guild we griefed into breaking up in Darkfall. They tried to get into PvP and owning Holds, and after our guys had a few fights on the borders, one of our Guildies looked them up. After we realised it was a really small guild, with maybe only one or two people with skills / equip to hold out against veterans, we decided to teach them a lesson. It escalated pretty quickly. We would ambush their members when they were farming, stalk and rob them in the wilderness and generally pick every possible fight with them. Needless to say they got pissed and tried to fight back. But every reaction would just cause our guild members to push even harder. Since we were pretty big and had a lot of different timezones, there was barely a time frame where those poor guys could log in without having to fight for every inch of farming ground they wanted. It eventually tired them out appearantly, and the guild vanished.

The only redeeming factor was a big talk our Chief had with them, after they broke up. They admitted that they fu*ked up by picking the fight in the first place, and were quick to forgive after our people apologized for acting like huge di*ks. Still, it feels bad knowing that you ruined what once might have become a great guild.

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
It was in World of Warcraft. I had to go grab a crystal at the end of a pretty long underground pathway filled to the brim with monsters, the crystal also takes a pretty long time to respawn, so you always had a good chance of having all enemies respawn on you before you could take it in case someone already beat you to it.

So with no party and a pretty terrible overall warrior, I prepared myself as best as I can for what's going to be a grueling trek through hell but to my surprise some lone soul already took out almost everyone when I came there, when I reached the crystal he was actually busy with the last enemy and was losing the fight, so I did what any decent person would do... I ran straight past him, nabbed the crystal and booked it towards the exit.

His fate still remains a mystery, but I sure bet he wasn't impressed with me regardless.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
In Wurm Online, an MMO, I turned a pillaged this noob's farm whom I didn't like and laid bricks over all of it, turning it into a parking lot while he was asleep. Before that I had also been harassing him by stealing various little items from his fledgling plot like a bunch of his logs (you always need resources in that game) and tools and such.

I'm pretty sure he ended up quitting because of that. It was funny as hell then but I feel bad now, and that game needed the people playing it, it's small.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Dark Souls, where being awful is a part of the game.

I spent a whole 3 hours invading Anor Londo as a low level siver knight.
You all know that infamous part in Anor EVERYONE on the Escapist talks about right?
Yes, I'm talking about the legendary Anor Londo rafters with the 2 silver knight archers.
I became the 3rd. For 3 hours.
Awful yes, but the hate mail was glorious. Definitely going to Undead hell though... :3

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Rather obvious, but I kinda want to add this for now. I'll think of more later.

GTA Online.

Now, I know. That game is pretty much un-easy alliances and the moment someone kills someone it's gang up time. But bounties are usually fair game, no-one really gets angry over bounty kills, unless they "steal" the bounty. But what I did once was rather enjoyable. I really do like the way I pulled this off, not only because I succeeded, but, well, you will see why.

So there is this guy in the upper right of Los Santos, near the Customs shop. He has a 3k bounty on him, which means whoever kills him gets it. I see he is being converged on by about 4 other players, and I spring into action. I fly to him in a Maverick (Just a normal helo) and I see he is both under a bridge and under fire. I pull off one of those "movie moments". I fly under the bridge, side on. He keeps shooting, and then runs into my helo, gets in the side door and keeps firing out as I take off and fly back out from the bridge and away.

It was like some re-enactment of CoD. Anyway, we take off and another Maverick tries to take us down, but he had no gunner so my passanger made short work of him. We take off into the desert and land in a car park. The dude sits in the helo (we were outside a store, so I think he thought I was robbing it).

Bang. Shotgun shell hits the floor, my 3k.

I still kind of feel bad about this one, because despite all the other things I have done (Turning Los Santos into a warground was bloody fun) this I kind of regret. We pulled off an epic moment and got away, and he didn't even try to kill me or hurt me. I... If I could go back, I would have friended him and kept him alive, but ah well, it was really one of those rare incidents. Damnit, why did I need 3k?! I got the 500,000k stimulus a few days later, just to rub it in my face.

Note: My original plan was to land and kill him, but I was afraid he might kill me and take my helo, so imagine my surprise when he jumps in and we pull off all of the above.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
Not in a match or anything, but in an MMORPG I used to play, one time there was a beggar going around annoying the hell out of people spam-begging for money, and refusing to leave people alone until they gave him money, so I used in item called an IR(can be used to warp someone from wherever they are in the game to where you are), and since I was on my high level character, I went to a high level area, and transported him there, where he got killed by mobs much higher level than him.

I saw it in a video once, and decided it would be funny, so I did it. I'm surprised at how well it worked. Most people don't just accept being warped randomly by someone they don't know via IR. Just because they were being annoying as hell, it doesn't mean I am somehow a justified good person for doing it, but it was definitely funny as hell.

Edit: This is the video from where I got the idea.

AlexWinter

Jun 24, 2009
In a game of League of Legends I once noticed someone had a Game of Thrones summoner name and proceeded to type spoilers in all chat every time I died.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I've griefed a couple of people who were being dickwads in Call of Duty. One dude was blocking people in, so I took out my shotgun and started firing until we both got killed. I followed him around for the next two games and kept doing it, because he had been a persistent jerk prior to that point. After being all "haw haw, you can't move," his reactions were kinda priceless.

...I don't act bad online normally. This is the worst I can really come up with. I'm a team player and generally a good sport. If you're better than me, fair play. If you're worse, I'm not going to mock or berate you.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Nothing really,

I did get into a childish slap fight with this guy from the enemy team, but we were both being dickheads to an equal degree, lacking any self-awareness.

That's about it really, but I don't think I made him feel bad, as much as I made him angry.

I can usually gauge pretty well if I think I am acting like a dickhead or if I am well within my rights to be nasty to someone.

Wrath 228

Aug 26, 2010
I was in a game of Project Reality a while back, before 1.0 (I think it was two versions ago, I know it was a while ago). It was a co-op game on Kashan Desert, and I was playing on my "alternate" account I use on servers I don't frequent. There was already an effective CAS (close air support) squad flying the jets and Apache, but there was another squad of what I assume was either a bunch of noobs or trolls. Either way, they would take the first aircraft they saw, try to take off, fail and crash, wasting assets and letting the enemy jets spank our armor silly since we lost air superiority.

There were no admins around to ban the offending squad, so a squadmate and I proceeded to camp the air field and pick them off as soon as they made a move for any aircraft until our proper CAS squad could get back in the air. An admin joined later and was greatly concerned with our negative scores xD

Other than that, bouts of disproportionate revenge on Red Dead Redemption are about the farthest I go with delinquent behavior, I try to be a nice person, online or otherwise =D

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Playing arma 2's wasteland mod (A sandbox-y game mod where little objectives and loot are scattered around the map), I sat for a couple of minutes and watched from about 1 km away as enemy player carefully picked off a group of NPCs guarding a BMP-3 (A pretty powerful and rare APC). I waited as he looted all the corpses, and as soon as he got in the APC, I blew it to hell with an anti-tank missile.

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
How I slowed the entire economy of my WoW-server, for one entire week.

It was WoW, right before WotLK came out, and there was this event where you could be infected, turning into a zombie after x amount of time. You would then become hostime to everyone but other zombies and everything you killed, turned into zombies.

That gave me an idea... You see, one of the areas, not affected by the event was a place called Isle of Quel'danas, which at the time was THE place to farm gold and this was done though a series of daily-quests, this ment that A LOT of players depended on this place to earn gold for new stuff, especially now that the new expansion was comming.

I then figured out, how to become infected, get to the place before turning, and then start attacking quest-mobs in the area, turning them into more zombies.
One of these quest-mobs, were low level, spawned fast and in huge amounts and by turning these into zombies, more of them spawned and got turned into zombies by the ones I just turned, and then more spawned... You get the idea.

Because of this, people could not get near the area to do their daily-quests, until the event ended and the server got reset.

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
I was playing GRiD online with a few mates, and we were all just having fun, playing online, doing random races when we got into a lobby with a bunch of super serious people that kept berating us for not being 'pro' like them. So i proceeded to on every single race, immediately make a sharp right turn. Thereby causing every single person behind me to wreck horrifically and lose. I'd cripple 3-4 people per race. A few of them lightened up and joined in later, but the rest got really angry and ended up kicking us. It was pretty funny though because we made that our signal for turning the races into demolition derby's.

tysonn101

Mar 10, 2012
Definitely has to be when I'm playing online with my friends, usually to them instead of other people though. Like on halo the other day my mate had the flag that would win us the match and was at our base, there was literally no way he could die, I mean no one else anywhere near him. so naturally i gunned him down and took it, winning for our team.
and then on lfd2 i was with the same guy. We'd been playing for hours on advanced and it was just us two running for the chopper. I got there first and turned to cover him from the small horde of zombies near him, and instead just gunned him down and the vehicle left, probably my favourite ever moment on Xbox.

CaptainThom

Jun 24, 2013
Wow most of these aren't even bad i don't think it would be acceptable for me to repeat some of the things i have said/done online and while i do regret some of it now at the time it was funny as hell.