The most beautiful sight in a video game

zebubble

Apr 28, 2008
Hmm, while nothing particular comes to mind, I thought the bridge collapse at the very beginning of Half Life 2, Episode 2 looked very spectacular. Good physics on its part.

a big stupid idiot

Jan 9, 2008
Any game in which an enemy explodes into a billion little chunks (I <3 soldier of fortune and painkiller).

Oh, and the entirety of Half Life 2 through Half Life 2: Episode 2

Ichimaru

Dec 28, 2007
If by beautiful you mean moving. The end of Fable(Particularly the evil ending) was quite moving for me. Actually made me question why I'd wanted to try the evil route.

Airhead

May 8, 2008
Not being original, Oblivion. I have issues with the game`s immersion as many other people do, but I often made my character wake up just before dawn to watch the sunrise while travelling. That`s certainly pro-immersion.

Choukou

Jan 23, 2008
Opening your eyes after being blasted out of the Aperture Science Facility and seeing and hearing the outside world in Portal. Bliss.

tsunamibomb

Jul 9, 2008
Excuse mewhile i go a little retro :p

In perfect dark:
- the sight of the crosshairs just over the enemies head with the farsight XR-20! (Loved tht gun so much!)
- Watching your rivals get cut up by the laptop gun auto-turret
- Sniping the guy, in the villa mission, on the wall out to sea... magic moment!
- Any of the chicago level - looked amazing for its time.

I'm sure there are more beutiful parts of other games... but that game was such agreat game for me, that i can't help but look back fondly at it :)

SniperWolf427

Jun 27, 2008
In STALKER, sitting around the campfire whith a bunch of fellow STALKERs and one whips out a guitar and begins to play. It is one of the few moments that you feel safe in that game.

The first time you blow an enemy apart with a shotgun in Gears Of War. Priceless.

As previously said, the climactic battle at the end of Mass Effect.

Sticking with Mass Effect, I'll also have to say the first time you see the Citadel, as you are flying in acquiring permission to land.

Sticking with Bioware (my favorite developer), in KOTOR the first time you see the Star Forge and realize how much it kicks the Death Star's ass.

Mikaze

Mar 23, 2008
J'aen said:
The helicopter that comes to rescue you at the end of One Shot, One Kill in Call of Duty 4.
The train station after Ravenholm in Half-Life 2. Oh, evil murderous cyborgs, how I missed thee.
The cut scene at the end of Cortana in Halo 3.
Yes, yes and no...kinda...not sure. Don't own a 360 so I haven't actually played Halo 3 but the other 2 definitely. God I love that helicopter.

EDIT: Wait, I'm thinking of a different helicopter, the one at the very end of 'All Gillied Up', the one that narrowly saved my ass on the nth playthrough cos I kept failing. (Where n is a freakin big number)

Actual Charlie Nash

Jul 9, 2008
when u first see the ac gunship attack in cod4
when the helicopter when u are about to die in final mission of cod4(even tho the bit before is a bit depressing)
and of course when u see akatosh fight dagon in oblivon

J'aen

Jul 6, 2008
Wait, I've changed my mind about the third one. I'm changing it to when you see The Arbiter. Let me set the scene: You've just fought through probably the hardest level in the whole gorram game. You've rescued Cortana, and now roughly half of all the Flood in the universe are chasing you back to your ship. Once you get close to it, you see The Arbiter standing on a mound and using a gigantic flamethrower to keep the Flood at bay. I wish I could hug him, purely because he made so many of them die.

strangemusic

Mar 20, 2008
Soothsayers said:
In Assassins Creed when you climb the cathedral view point in Acre
This is absolutely delicious! But you forgot that jumping off of it is even more awesome...