The most beautiful sight in a video game

Badabinski

May 7, 2008
First Light in Crysis, running DX10 with all the settings maxed.

I just sat and stared when I saw that.

strangemusic

Mar 20, 2008
Badabinski said:

No you didn't! Because DX10 Crysis at max is just about par with cold fusion on the technological advancement scale.

I kid, I kid! Crysis is pretty, even if it makes my system weep.

michaev

Jul 10, 2008
The scenes in Assasin's Creed where stunning. I loved the scene inside of the citadel in half life 2, especially when Gordon gets into the pods and taken up.

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
Sacman said:
DRIVIN STRAIGHT INTO A WALL AT 270 MILES PER HOUR IN GRID!!!! VROOM VROOM BOOM!!!
settle down
but that reminded me of Burnout!
every, last, crash, in burnout 3/4 and probably paradise too

FURY_007

Jun 8, 2008
probably the most memorable thing ive evre seen beside "nuclear Launch Detected" was in DoW: Winter Assault, I was Guard, my ally was SM, the enemies were Ork and SM, and so me and the ork charge the center with everything we gotand so theres literally over 500 troops and so theyre fighting, then the SM's transport all theyre dreads and termis and anything else into the center, and then all of a sudden, the 2 SM orbital bombard. nuthing is as beautiful as seein two bombardments of huge freakin laser beams come down in a rain of deadly fire. that caused so much damage and troops flew everywhere and same withdreads o it was awesome

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Badabinski said:

Indeed. Although I think the Alien ship was probably the best looking place in the entire game. So freaking eerie looking.

Gamine

Mar 7, 2009
OverlordSteve said:
The end cinnematic of Warcraft 3, the frozen throne. Arthas puts on the Lich King's helmet while the cavern collaspes around him, then it all blows up and it's just him sitting on top of this giant spire of ice.

It's not beautiful, per say, but still pretty awesome.
YUP!

Spyro World..i just love the feeling of goodness, such a Happy game.lol

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
Lord Of The Rings Online- Reaching the summit of Weathertop just as the sun rises over the mountains ahead of you (graphics maxed, of course). Glorious.

I III II X4

Nov 14, 2008
FanboyInDisguise said:
Restoring a Guardian Sapling in Okami

gets me every time ^_^
Mine are forever marred by the fact that during one of the restoration cut-scenes, my PS2 made a horrible *Chunk-a* noise, followed by a noticeable lag...I've actually begun to like the cursed zones more, if only for the sake of my PS2.
Gravy Devil said:
Amored Core openings and cut-scenes
Since Armored Core 2, they've done a pretty good job with the openings, though the cut-scenes fell flat on their face in Last Raven, in my opinion.

It's jarring to see Zinaida's and Evangel's ACs take on a life like quality, while my AC just stands there like a statue. The earlier games had movement where your AC moved during cut-scenes, so what was the deal with Last Raven?

darkeldar1

Mar 9, 2009
the end of dawn of war 2 when 10 or so drop pods come down to save your army from all the tyranids.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I would have to go for the cutscenes in FF XII. The graphics on the FMV's are just plain awesome. However, I think that the gameplay footage released for FF XIII so far has surpassed even that... :D God, I'm looking forward to that game...

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
The First time after slogging it through the rubbish sewer of Obivion and staring at every dead star in the galaxy...Twinkering away...twinkering awaay

The Opening video to Bioshock learning about Andrew Ryan and then WHAM the screen goes up and you see breathtaking Manmade Atlantis...There is a whale that moans elegently to you....

Finally Destroying The Citadel at the end of Half Life 2:Episode 1

Fallout 3 Gore....To stand in a sunny 50's style future listening to Crooners whilst blasting heads off the resident