The most extreme thing you've ever done

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
I once stepped on a Lego, four years ago.
I still bear the scars of that dangerous encounter.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
tried to kill myself. made a "tactical" mistake, ICU got me up and running again. won't happen next time :)

also, i somehow managed to run over a butterfly with my bike - how unlikely is that?? (as for my defense: it came out of a bush right next to the side of my bike, no way i coul have evaded it (honest!); don't they have some sort of antennae with which they can register changes of airpressure or something, so they don't crash into moving objects all the time? stupid thing)

and judging from the reactions of my fellow studentsa couple of days ago, kneading the cut-off material of the corpse we dissect in the bowl (like a small sald-bowl; where it's put before thrown away and collected for the incineration) is somehow extreme ;)

Versuvius said:
Took a bite out of a heart in biology, proudly announcing "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!". The teacher whinged at me for making a girl faint. Fucking pansies.
now THAT is awesome; can i advance you to my new personal hero and role model? ^^

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Probably when I was practicing landings in a Cessna 152 and decided it would be an awesome idea to dive about 400 feet to get low enough to land while less than 1500 feet from the runway. It actually worked surprisingly well.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Subbies said:
Walking the "hunderter" (100km march) in freezing winter. My feet hurt afterwards...
How long do you have to do it? Is it like the Nijmegan March, 100K in 4 Days, or the Nijmegan Deathmarch? The same route in 24hours?

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Took a bite out of a heart in biology, proudly announcing "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!". The teacher whinged at me for making a girl faint. Fucking pansies.

satanslawer123

Aug 6, 2009
Versuvius said:
:O that is awesome!!

Subbies

Dec 11, 2010
DeanoTheGod said:
Subbies said:
Walking the "hunderter" (100km march) in freezing winter. My feet hurt afterwards...
How long do you have to do it? Is it like the Nijmegan March, 100K in 4 Days, or the Nijmegan Deathmarch? The same route in 24hours?
in 24 hour max, one team was able to finish in about 18 hours. It's a non stop march that all swiss officiers-in-training have to do.

Mr Goostoff

Aug 14, 2008
I went cliff-diving into rapids in Iceland.
That makes me sound way more badass than I actually am.

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
lRookiel said:
By 'Weird', not really extreme though, I did have nipple length, so yeah....very long and curly hair (Im a guy). Then one day I showed up to school the next day with VERY short hair (Nearly skinhead ^^)

Fucking Priceless

That, and chasing a rabbit in a wood in the middle of the night, just to keep it (Scratched myself to hell on thorns and brambles, but I DID IT!) are the weirder things I've got up to in the past few years.
I believe this is why i love you.

OT: most likely did some assassins creed style running down My high street, on top of cars and stalls and things :D or maybe did some impromptu street acting with a mate in which we recited the court scene from merchant of Venice, we got £4 out of it!

tyriless

Aug 27, 2010
I performed CPR on a man until he was stabilized in the ER. Until then I was 4:0 with attempts and survival. Never been happier to see a QRS on a monitor.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
When it was snowing at my High School we had plenty of snowball fight. Well the extreme thing I did was throw a snowball at this smartass person we knew (sure he's smart but he smug his intelligent at us in a bad way). Instead of an expected responces like throw a snowball back, he started to run against me, intending to beat me up. Likewise I run like hell and he chase me for several minutes until break was over.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
EHKOS said:
Auron225 said:
- Skydived (although it was a tandem, where Im strapped to another guy doing it... the training for that took 30 minutes and the dive was 90 seconds. If I wanted to do it myself, training wouldve been 7 hours and the dive wouldve been 3.5 seconds...)

- World's Highest Bungee =) Felt more like falling than a skydive did

- Rode an ostrich

- Ate pig's brain, scorpion and tarantula

- Held a panda =D (most expensive one...)
That is really cool. I didn't know people could ride ostriches.
Thank you =) It wasnt for very long but I still did it. They had to put a sack over its head for me to get onto its back - they're too hard to mount if they can see cause they freak out a bit and like lots of birds, calm down if they think its night. You gotta hold onto its wings and lean back... and they still run fast with you on it X)

Aug 12, 2009
Kendarik said:
Sir Strange Of The House Lycan said:
Kendarik said:
Jadak said:
Kendarik said:
Most extreme thing I ever did. Well, that would have to be auctioning off my virginity in high school.
Why would you say that and not comment on the outcome? Come on now, we're waiting.
lol, the outcome was I got a good price and lost my virginity, although not as it turned out to a student but to one of their fathers. I have to say its the only time I've been a gift.
I'm pretty sure that's prostitution...

The most extreme thing is nearly drown in a river because I'm stupid as rocks and thought I could swim in a river like I could in a swimming pool.
Prostitution isn't illegal in Canada. In fact its taxable income as self employment, and you can deduct the cost of business expenses like hotels, condoms, outfits, etc.
Oh, then it's all coo' then (b'-')b.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
aoi287 said:
I once bit into a hot pocket without waiting for it to cool.
What are you? Insane?

You must've have 3rd degree burns from that thing!

OT: My friend was driving his car and there was rope tired to the back and I was holding onto it while riding a skateboard. I let go and I was flying on that thing and it was amazing!

Now, mind you I was thirteen and it sounded like a grand idea and great times would've been had....until I hit a pot hole.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Right, here we go:

- I've broken into building sites around 4 times in the past year, climbing onto scaffolding of over 60 meters high without securing myself. The two buildings I climbed were a tower and a church. I also managed to get inside of the church, walking a ledge over 30 meters high. Oh and I stole a fire extinguisher from one of the buildings, which is in my room now.

- Talking about fire extinguishers, I stole one from a truck and emptied it on some deserted terrain. It was good fun. Oh and I also went inside of a bakery distribution centre at 2 AM and take some fresh bread with me. With some I mean 2 big plates full with bread. On that same holiday, me and a mate went into a hotel in the neightbourhood through the personell entrance, walked through some hallways and ended up near all the power switches. So we made the entire hotel dark.

- I slipped through a fence surrounding our local swimming pool last summer. I was drunk and alone, so I took all my clothes off and took a plunge in the heated outside swimmingpool. There was a camera there, so they have some nice footage of me lol. I'm planning on breaking into that same swimming pool some time next summer and staying there the night, hiding.

All this happened in the past year and a half. And there's more of that stuff, but these stories are probably the most impressive of my achievements. :)

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Philol said:
something that you or someone you know has done that is not out of the norm.
wat

DerangedMonkey42 said:
The weirdest thing I ever did was take a bokeh of suckers into a store
waaaaat?

metsplayer1 said:
Well, I once tebowed on top of a friend
And yet another wat.

Whateveralot said:
Right, here we go:

- I've broken into building sites around 4 times in the past year, climbing onto scaffolding of over 60 meters high without securing myself.
ey, i remember doing tat a couple years ago, on my curc, tat's pretty un

Found a perfectly fine Trinitron CRT computer screen in the garbage, used it for years

Hid from a murderer on a road under a working streetlight

Stole a bike because i didn't feel like walking to some place... now that i think about it, my own bike got stolen a couple of years ago... how ironic

Slept with a dozen people on a beach for no reason

Jumped with a volvo accidentally by going too fast on a big road

Ate an entire pack of salt flakes in some week

Korilas

Aug 22, 2011
I headbanged with 4 friends in the front row of a concert where the average age was about 5...
It was free and we were passing by, so we decided to check it out. Ten minutes later security (the little there was) threw us out. Not really extreme, but still fun.

Odinsson

Jun 11, 2011
Got my eyebrow slashed open swordfighting with a friend. Tis a shame the scar healed completely

Johnnydillinger

Aug 16, 2011
Well, extreme things (or at least very stupid ones) used to be the story of my life so let me recap the more important ones. God, this might turn out to be a wall of text...

-On the prom night, instead of getting laid with my dancemate I got piss-ass drunk. Don't even remember how I got home and was found sleeping in my dancing clothes (shoes included) in my bed. Yeah the girl wasn't too amused either...

-Took a crap in a VERY public bush in the city, again all drunk. I really needed to take it alright.

-Got stuck on a ski hoist (not sure about the wording, I'm hungarian... it's one of those elevators on a ski track) at its turning point where I fell like 3 meters once i freed myself. All because I wanted to get off from it like an action star.

-Lit a tree on fire with some illegal fireworks and then left the scene with my friends. You should note that this was totally next to a gas station.

-left my keys at home several times, and the only time I had to break in from the front window humming the Mission: Impossible tune was also the only time I got "busted" by a neighbour.

-had an awesome mini-rocket (kind of a fireworks also) in the dorms, which me and my roommates wanted to shoot from our room's window. And then I had the idea of fixing the lower part of it in a crack beneath the window. It was so fucking loud that the whole floor came there asking what the fuck is wrong with us, as it blew up right in the window (couldn't get free from that crack after all :( )

-Had a plastic bag with a face drawn on it on my head when one of my teachers greeted me in the dorm room. I was wearing it to make some funny pictures with my friends.

-threw a window out with a PEN. Now that's something you probably didn't do, ever.

-Got myself and a friend kicked out of a store. Uhh, long story, here it is if you're interested.
So, we started at a mini market called Lidl, where only one of the 3 of us bought something. The rest of us wanted to go to another one called Penny Market, so we went there, the other friend staying out as he now had a bag with the other store's signs on it in his hands (actually, the workers at Penny Market always gave you a stern look if you carried another arket's goods and walked into their store, for a good reason). In the store, me and my friend played pranks on each other, mostly by putting highly unnecessary things like tampons and shoes in each other's carts as stealthily as possible. He won at the end, but not so fast... We also laughed so hard at one guy who was checking out prices with a freaking magnifying glass; my friend approached him and asked "Found anything, Watson?" At the counter we had extremely red faces because of the laughter, and my friend won the aforementioned prank competition by placing some tiny useless [insert something forgettable here] in my cart, and then I had to ask the clerk with one of my reddest faces to remove that from my checklist. The clerk wasn't really happy, so she asked us to empty our pockets, and this is where the third guy gets in picture. To this, we became a bit more seriousface and started unpacking our pockets, but then my friend started laughing (more like scream-crying) and pointed at the thid guy through the window. I looked there and noticed him waving the Lidl bag around grinning like an idiot, which made me laugh my ass off. As he (the third guy) describes it, another Penny Market employee then, like in the cartoons, leaned into the big window with one of the most curious and villainous faces you can imagine. We were laughing all the way back to the dorms.

-Caused the school psychologist to flip out, cry and shout and leave our class, of course after she destroyed me and some of my friends' stupid tests we had to take.

-speaking of tests, once I finished one by drawing a house on a hill and the coloring it with crayons. It was in the last year in high school and i think it was either biology or chemistry.

-refusing to fill a test by stating that my religion prohibits me from it

-getting away with not learning a long french speech... by lying to the teacher that me and my family went to the Pope's funeral when he died. Oh of course she believed it, just was weird that everyone else couldn't breathe from laughing while I put on my serious face.

-a classmate told some asian tourists that one of our teacher is the hungarian prime minister, much to the amazement of our teacher who didn't know why everyone was shaking hands with him and taking pictures.

- pulling the chair from under a girl who I hated from the guts, which resulted in her sitting down the floor, suddenly standing up and turning around, and delivering one mean painful and loud slap. That, gentlemen, was so totally worth it, that I'd do it again like a hundred times.

-having that genious idea that I should put a piece of yarn under a brick, and then use it as a rope, climbing down from a high wall of sorts. It ended in me hanging on to the sides of the wall, slowly shouting "hhhhhhHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLP!". Think I was around 10 then.

-and lastly, my favourite of all, it is a long read but probably worth it.
On a road trip to Italy, we had to go to Rome with subway, as we weren't allowed to ride our bus to the center of the city (weird law, go figure). It was a long day and all that Vatican and Coliseum was nice and all but we were wasted on our way back to the bus by all the standing in lines in a high summer temperature. We had to take the subway again, and tis time I realised something strange. The subway would stop for varying lenghts of time, starting from 3 minutes back to even 2 seconds. I proposed an idea to my friends that we should play tag with the walls, that were like 10-15 meters from the subway doors each time. Of course, 4 of us lined up in the door, and when the train stopped, we made a tiny move forward, but none of us actually ran out, fearing that we didn't know where to get off and meet the rest of the class in case the train would move on without us. We were laughing, and decided that next time, we're doing it for real. So at the next stop, 3 of us ran out, touched the wall and then jumped back gloriously, being drunk on success. The next stop the fourth guy ran out too, and we also made it back. Actually, there seemed to be no complications whatsoever so we kept doing it on each station. And then it happened... We must have reached a hub area, as it was crowded as fuck, and the walls were a little bit farther than usual; like, 10 times farther... Of course it had to be me, the only brave person on this Earth (or just on that train), who ran out alone into the unknown. I violently pushed everyone out of my way just to reach that wall, but it seemed to be impossibly far away. Eventually, I reached it and turned around to see my train was still there. I started running back, same way pushing angry people aside, and took a "tiger jump" into the train itself to join my friends, some dying of laughter, some jaw-dropped and pale... and dying of laughter. The most embarrassing thing was that the train was there for a long time even after I got back and people from the outside were laughing a lot and pointing at me, at which point I took a heroic standing pose which invoked even more and louder laughter. There was no applause though, which made me disappointed a bit.

That's all that needs to be mentioned. Will think hard to unearth some equally entertaining ones, if there's anything, I'll post it. Nice topic OP, brought back some nice memories :D