The most famous person from your town/city

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012

Does this count? Though I don't technically live in Springfield, it's the nearest major city so I can claim him. Also, Don Johnson was born in Flat Creek. His family owns numerous properties in the area.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
God I'm pretty sure that the most famous from my home town is Steven Gerrard (if we go by the vague "Liverpool", born in Whiston but raised exclusively in my actual home town of Huyton). Props to the man, though, he's about to the do the soon-to-be-iconic tactic of running to the US for the last five-eight years of his career, putting in less effort for more cash. I wish I could do similar tactics in a field I'm actually less abysmally terrible at.

EDIT: Actually now I'm more interested in this conflict in the title and the description given in the OP. My sister was also born in Whiston (Whiston hospital and all that) but exclusively raised in Huyton. The idea of her technically being from Whiston is weird.

Bizzaro Stormy

Oct 19, 2011
Almost no one is from Manassas but lots of people travel to and through it for business and to live relatively near to Washington D.C. Therefore the two most famous people associated with it are Generals Lee and Jackson.

MrPhyntch

Nov 4, 2009
I live in a very rural area in Wyoming, so "hometown" is a bit of a stretch, but I graduated from the same High School as Matthew Fox, actor from LOST (neither of us lived "in town", but it's a rural area, so meh). I also live fairly close to (and have had family actually living in the town for years) where former VP Dick Cheney is from.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Well Richard Adams [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Adams], author of Watership Down, still lives in my small town apparently.

Carl Barat [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Bar%C3%A2t] also spent a little time living here as well, apparently, as did Leslie Schofield. As for anyone famous being born here, I can't find anyone sadly. :p

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I went to the same High School that Joan Jett went to so there's that...also the DC Sniper attack happened in my literal neighborhood...so there's that too...Also, Spinning World (the latest ending theme for Naruto Shippuden) is being performed by Diana Garnet, who I went to high school with and whose best friend I dated...and later broke up with...

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
Manhattan, Kansas. For a town of only 50,000ish people and considered the butt of jokes just like the rest of Kansas, we actually have some pretty big names from here, but the biggest would probably be:

Earl Woods: Father of Tiger Woods [http://www.courtsidepost.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Earl-WOods.jpg]
Cassandra Patterson [http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTUyMzM3MjkyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjAwOTQxOA@@._V1_SY317_CR19,0,214,317_AL_.jpg] AKA Elvira, Mistress of the Dark [http://fanpix.famousfix.com/picture-gallery/cassandra-peterson-picture-20002567.htm]
Bill Snyder, A college Football Hall of Fame coach (fun fact: One of the only coaches to be inducted while still alive) with over 500 wins under his belt. [http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/Coach_Bill_Snyder.jpg]
Jordy Nelson, wide reciever for the Green Bay Packers [http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/de/Jordy_Nelson_(cropped).jpg]

Not bad for some little podunk college town.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
While there is no one from my specific town, the closest notable city has a few people. The most notable I can think of from my town of Richland, WA is Orson Scott Card, which is kinda cool, I guess... We also have Hope Solo, so there is that.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Not only is Springfield, OH the most depressed town in the U.S., we also have the famous...

I don't really know much about him, but I guess he is really famous and junk.

Brownie80

Jan 27, 2014
Well I'm from New York. And if I have to name one of the 8537 famous people from here I guess I can say FDR?

Where I live now however, there's only one name that matters:

The one, the only, Lynard Skynard.

Oh and Limp Bizkit. But mostly these people^^^.

Jacksonville's extent of famous people are Lynard Skynard, 90s Heavy Metal bands, and a bunch of serial killers. However, that last one also means that John Walsh, you know that guy who does America's Most Wanted? He lived here when his son was killed.

Yeah let's just say Lynard Skynard.

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
I want to say Charles Dickens, but he more lived in Portsmouth and didn't really come from it.

Arthur Conan Doyle is another important resident, having become a notable figure in the city and having close ties to the football club, but he wasn't born there, like Dickens (Just saying the South of England is a fertile region for writers).

Isambard Kingdom Brunel, one of the most impotent men in the field of modern engineering, came from Portsmouth.

Abbyka

Apr 9, 2015
Huh. I thought there wouldn't be anyone born in my home town that was actually still alive. Hans Howes, an actor. He's been on a lot of different TV shows. But Seneca Falls, NY is mostly known for Elizabeth Cady Stanton but she wasn't born there.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
So guess where I'm from...

...The guy who wrote the lyrics for this...
... and the guy who formed these.
Bit of a giveaway, this one.

And apparently Carol Vorderman, but I'm significantly less proud of that.

Velociferocks

Jul 20, 2009
I was born in Gothenburg and remember tons of famous people from there, but they're mostly just famous in Sweden. Then I remembered Stellan Skarsgård.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
Ah Swindon, famous for its magic roundabout and rather amusingly twinned with Disneyland.
That pretty girl from doctor who was born there apparently, billie piper I think was her name.
I'm positive that the flash animator 'happy Harry' is from there too. At least that's what his old newgrounds account said.

Not sure about my new home, I imagine there has been famous surfers and skaters from here.

Corac

Apr 20, 2015
I hadn't thought there would be anyone in Gadsden, Alabama, but a couple months ago I checked out of curiosity, and it turns out that Beth Grant was born here. I didn't know who she was at first, but after looking her up, I recognized her from...
Very neat surprise.

ultrabiome

Sep 14, 2011
I come from a small town in Oregon, so I didn't think anyone remotely famous came from my hometown. I look it up on the interwebs... and I get:

Ty Burrell - Dad from Modern Family. Not only was he born in my hometown, he went to my rival high school. You learn something every day.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Zach Boychuk. He plays a handful of games with the Carolina Hurricanes each season. I assume he gets called up when the team has a few too many injuries.

I live in Airdrie, Alberta.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
TheRightToArmBears said:
So guess where I'm from...

...The guy who wrote the lyrics for this...
... and the guy who formed these.
Bit of a giveaway, this one.

And apparently Carol Vorderman, but I'm significantly less proud of that.
Strictly speaking none of the band Portishead was born in Portishead. The closet is Geoff Barrow but he was born in Walton in Gordano, which is a way cooler name for a band. Its always good to see the late great Adge Cutler at his best.