The most famous person from your town/city

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
Louis Riel, I guess... nobody outside of Manitoba seems to give a shit though...

Apparently the guy who inspired James Bond was William Stephenson and he was born here.

Oh, Terry Fox was born here, apparently. I didn't realise that. He's pretty famous in Canada, not sure elsewhere.

And we can also lay claim to Fred Penner yesssssssssss~~~~

I guess the most famous is Burton Cummings from The Guess Who.

Honestly Canadians in general don't tend to get very famous outside of Canada, and Winnipegers even more so... ;u;

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
albino boo said:
TheRightToArmBears said:
So guess where I'm from...

...The guy who wrote the lyrics for this...
... and the guy who formed these.
Bit of a giveaway, this one.

And apparently Carol Vorderman, but I'm significantly less proud of that.
Strictly speaking none of the band Portishead was born in Portishead. The closet is Geoff Barrow but he was born in Walton in Gordano, which is a way cooler name for a band. Its always good to see the late great Adge Cutler at his best.
True, but it's not like Portishead has many other claims to fame so you bet I'm going to milk this one.

Kallie

Aug 11, 2012
I grew up in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere, and no-one famous (that I know of) comes from there.
But The Darkness are from a town just a few miles up the road, and I went to the same high school as Ed Sheeran.

Edit: If we can expand it to "from the same county", I also get Ralph Fiennes and Bob Hoskins :)