The most frivolous thing you can do with $100 billion

Sean Steele

Mar 30, 2010
Hire all the Marching Bands in my city to go and play a massive I quit trifecta as I go to my place of employ and quit my job.

Faux Furry

Apr 19, 2011
joshuaayt said:
Wasn't there a movie, in which a dude had to spend a few million dollars within a time period? I think one of the rules was that he couldn't use it to buy anything that would add to his personal value, so no houses or whatever. Seems relevant.
Brewster's Millions starring Richard Pryor is the movie you are thinking of.

Faux Furry

Apr 19, 2011
Raddra said:
I would fund and be involved in the production of a Suikoden movie or two.
It might not be so wasteful to spend money on that since it might get people unfamiliar with Konami's rpg series to associate the games' lore with the name Suikoden rather than with Suikoden: Demon Century.

It might even bring some publicity to Water Margin(also based upon the same source material that the games are, though the games' interpretation is rather liberal)!

SirPlindington

Jun 28, 2012
Okay, so first I would set aside around 12 million. You'll see why later. Then, I would buy a large group of Islands, then sell it back for slightly less than what I paid for.I would then repeat this over and over until I had no money left, and If I still had the islands when I reached the limit, I would bet them on a game of chess and maneuver my king into checkmate. However, I would do this twice, and then use the 10 mil I had set aside to hire 2 mercenary armies to fight for each of the people who I owe the islands to, and use the extra 2 mil to get myself a front row seat to the ensuing battle. It would obviously take place on the islands.

sean360h

Jun 2, 2010
what would i do
Well I'd buy everything I like the look of
An island in the pacific would be a must as would a nice jet to get there
Hire a team of scientists to train a team of super humans
Take over near by islands
buy a P.M.C.
id also have to buy a castle as my super secret headquarters preferably somewhere remote probably in the mountains in Chile
of course id put in conscription on every person in the country's I take over
World domination
And then I would have all the money I need muhahaha

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I will build my own real life custon Gundam which I dub it the Scarim Gundam (may come up with a better name).

Jorec

Jul 7, 2010
Most frivolous thing I could buy with 100 billion dollars? I'd try to buy a small developing country. That's legal right?

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Buy everything off of Steam. Followed by everything from the Team Fortress store.

I'm not sure what I'd do with the rest. But the above is what came to mind first.

Lunatic High

Apr 14, 2012
buy several nuclear warheads and threaten to blow up the polar ice caps unless everyone gets along?

Either that or blow it ALL on Pogs.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I'd have a pure diamond plaque made, and etched into it with precision lasers would be:

"I spent $100 billion on this plaque to tell you that I spent $100 billion on this plaque to tell you...."

This would get smaller and smaller until each letter was one micron high.

Smokej

Nov 22, 2010
american Billions -> Bailout Greece
european Billions -> Bailout all the PIIGS