The most OP Bosses in existence?

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Esotera said:
Shotgun + Jackhammer rounds = Hope you didn't like standing up. You can keep kicking him around the arena like a small child kicking a can down the road.

Anyway. Kujaku. Fucking broken ass cheating ************ that it it is, oh what's that? You bombed to clear the barrage, nope, I'm going to go invincible for longer than it takes for it to return in full. You died? Same. still can't beat it, only get a timeout.

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
Fighting game. I don't need to get specific, they've been testing blood pressure throughout the world since 1993 or so.

Fighter devs: When I want my ego shattered and my voice hoarse from shouting obscenities, I'll play online. You can cut that single player masochism out any day now.

And fuck anyone who says it's tradition. There's a lot of stupid shit that gets by in the rest of the world because "it's always been that way," and I do not want that same logic extended to my means of forgetting the world.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Any boss that can do an insta-kill move, especially when you are a really high level and they can still one shot you.

Originally Pandemonium Warden from FFXI, it apparently took 18 hours to beat before it was patched as people became physically ill from fighting it.

Also Touhou bosses and any boss from other "bullet hell" games.

Feraswondervahnn

Jul 15, 2010
Wizpig from Diddy Kong Racing. I hate him! You have to do everything perfectly or he wins... I don't think I'll ever forget that laugh at the beginning of the race.

Oh and Zeromus from FF4. Took me longer to beat than any other FF final boss.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
RaNDM G said:

This guy is a ************ who will wreck your shit at the slightest mistake.

And he's a grasshopper. Dammit Square.
THAT GRASSHOPPER. RAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEE!!! Oh, and also Culex and his elemental crystals of total rape. Gar. It is remarkably satisfying to put them down, though. Kind of like the three Anti-guy fight in Paper Mario, in Bowser's Castle.

The Smoking Gun

Mar 9, 2012
God damn Iseria Queen from Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth ... Even on the highest possible levels she still completely annihilates any party member 9 times out of 10 and her group attack?? Fucking christ it LITERALLY kills all your characters 3 times over. Not to mention she has a criminal amount of health (serious, it's heartbreaking)

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Akuma in Street Fighter X Tekken on any difficulty above Medium. I know my brother and I aren't very good at the game, but we can beat Ogre on any difficulty. Damn you Akuma. Damn you and your hadouken/teleport spamming bullshit.

Oliver Fuhrmann

Oct 20, 2011
The Mana Beast,Secret of Mana. On the basis that there was only 1 combination of magic that could defeat him, and that the game was out at a time when you couldnt just find all the answers on the net

Azurian

Oct 27, 2010
Malty Milk Whistle said:
This thread was made for monster hunter.
SO. MANY. CHEAP. SHOTS.
Also,

This guy is bloody soul crushing.
Pretty much every atttack does a TON of damage, even with good armour.
Did I mention he can breath pure death?
Ah hungry Deviljho just like a normal jho but gets pissed even faster and I think it's dragon breath attack has a little more distance on it this time. I know I hated him enough in Tri and my butt clinched every time I heard that roar. Plus it doesn't help when it appears when your hunting another monster with some lower gear hunters.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Humble Grapefruit said:
Honestly, Koga in the Elite Four in Pokemon Gold/Silver with his Muk. Minimize. Minimize. Minimize. Minimize. Minimize. Minimize. Over and over and over. The battle took so long, it got to the point where I just wanted all of my Pokemon would faint so I could stop the battle.
I second this. I'm just lucky that I had a Scizzor, so I was able to slowly whittle him down. That would have been even more of a pain in the ass if I had been using just about any other Pokemon though.

OT: Capra Demon from Dark Souls. He's not the hardest boss in the game, not by a long shot, but he is quite a pain in the ass since you encounter him so early, even by Dark Souls's standards.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Gears of War 3 on Insane difficulty.
I eventually did it... with 3 other people in Arcade mode.

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
The hardest I can think of may have been Gruntilda from Banjo Kazooie. I think both me and my brother got to her, but I don't think we ever beat her.

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
Azurian said:
Malty Milk Whistle said:
SO. MANY. CHEAP. SHOTS.
Also,

Ah hungry Deviljho just like a normal jho but gets pissed even faster and I think it's dragon breath attack has a little more distance on it this time. I know I hated him enough in Tri and my butt clinched every time I heard that roar. Plus it doesn't help when it appears when your hunting another monster with some lower gear hunters.
uuuurgh, I know what you mean, I was once on a simple Agnaktor hunt, with 2 decent skilled people and one bloke with no armour skills, and well....Jho turned up. Me and the other 2 ran, but the other guy decided to go rambo.
And failed.
Three times.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
BehattedWanderer said:
RaNDM G said:

This guy is a ************ who will wreck your shit at the slightest mistake.

And he's a grasshopper. Dammit Square.
THAT GRASSHOPPER. RAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEE!!! Oh, and also Culex and his elemental crystals of total rape. Gar. It is remarkably satisfying to put them down, though. Kind of like the three Anti-guy fight in Paper Mario, in Bowser's Castle.
Lazy Shell armor invalidates both fights imo. Throw it on Peach and you have an immortal healer :p

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
Dragon Age: Origins, not quite a specific boss but this game has some of the most insane difficulty spikes I've ever seen. In fact most of the bosses are fairly easy, it's the random pack of completly normal guys that decides to jump you in the street that'll give you problems.

I never thought I'd use the 'save early, save often' montra outside a Sierra game.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Malty Milk Whistle said:
Azurian said:
Malty Milk Whistle said:
SO. MANY. CHEAP. SHOTS.
Also,

uuuurgh, I know what you mean, I was once on a simple Agnaktor hunt, with 2 decent skilled people and one bloke with no armour skills, and well....Jho turned up. Me and the other 2 ran, but the other guy decided to go rambo.
And failed.
Three times.
As much as I found Deviljho annoying as well (the amount of noob players he had devoured) there was one time Deviljho was a life saver. I was in a team to hunt down Uragaan and it didn't go so well which resulted two players leaving.
Despite of that we march on and chase it to the next area since it was weaken (but we only had one life left). Turn out Deviljho was in the same room and took a bite out of Uragaan which killed it therefore we completed the mission. However trying to loot its dead body was hard as Deviljho was standing on its corpse.

OT- I have to go with Seth from Street Fighter 4 due to his vortex stomach of his, well ok he was more of a hacked boss.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
EHKOS said:
What is that from? Looks fun.
Dark Souls.
The game's difficult straight through.
Even the weakest enemies in the game can kill you if you're caught off-guard.
It's a game for masochists.