The most OP Bosses in existence?

Surpheal

Jan 23, 2012
Not sure if this counts, but it acts like a boss for a level and is more difficult than a slated boss from a level after it.

The Imperial Dark Troopers from Force Unleashed, the tall black storm troopers with a rocket launcher on one shoulder, an energy blade that it uses to swipe at you and used for an AoE attack, as well as hugging you then throwing you on the ground. Oh, and they are impervious to everything you can throw at them unless you use Force Lightning, so only lightning combos, Lightning itself, and shock thrown object.

Yeah fuck them, not only do they make the first appearance three times in the same level, they are also prevalent on levels after them in great numbers, especially on the Death Star, where they are always in the perfect place to launch a rocket at you and knock you off from where ever you happen to be standing. Kazdan, Shak Ti, Darth Vader, they can all twiddle on me with their glow sticks as much as they want, but these fucks can all be thrown out an airlock and blown up by the Death Star.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
As a few have said before it has to be Seth from SFIV he is just amazingly annoying even by fighting game standards especially as there dosent seem to be a way you can spam him to death either like most same with Alpha whatever her name was from Dead or alive 4, these two are the only reason I have rage quit a game in this generation.

Nov 28, 2007
Z of the Na said:
Here's a pretty good example of an overpowered boss.

Alpha - 152 from Dead or Alive 4:

Oh...so much rage...She is, flat out, the reason I gave the game to my younger brother. It's a fun game, but she sucks all the joy out of it.

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
Mother. Fucking. Kid. Buu. From DBZ Budukai 2. I dream of ripping out his intestines and strangling him to death with them!

That son of a ***** was so OP it wasn't funny. Not only is he short, which makes some attacks miss completely. But he is also ungodly fast, and has the most "fuck you" moveset out of any of the other characters.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Ever played Wanderers from Ys/Oath in Felghana (same game basically)? The boss fights in that game are completely insane, requiring IWBTG[footnote]I Wanna Be The Guy, known as one of the hardest games ever.[/footnote]-level dodging skills and having ridiculously high HP/defense. There's even an achievement in the Steam version for dying to one boss more than 10 times.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
I hate the floating heads boss in Devil May Cry 2 on dante must die. Three health bars for three heads. Can only hit them when they come to attack you and a tiny platform to fight on while they float merge to be fuck off annoying.

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
Hazy992 said:
Azazel from Tekken 6. Seriously fuck that boss, it just pisses me off.
Could it truly be worse than Jinpachi from Tekken 5, with his unblockable half-the-stage-sized projectile that distances him from you, and grapples that eat half your lifebar and give it to him?

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
Magneto at the end of X-Men: Children of the Atom. Never has a final boss caused me so much irritation as this one move spamming ****er.

hoboman29

Jul 5, 2011
Any boss in Devil May Cry 3 (not the special edition) because you will never be ready on your first time and they take off 3-4 segments of health bar as a weak attack.

Any boss fight in Guilty Gear (including sub boss/rival fights)they are cheap and have an infinite supply of super moves.

First boss of Deus Ex: Human Revolution...RRRAAAAGGGGEEEEE I swear hes more tank than man and you are not ready for that fight after 2 hours of playing.

Ryank1908

Oct 18, 2009
I'd say Ornstein/Smough from Dark Souls, but honestly, they're not overpowered. That's the most fun I've had from a boss fight because it was a serious challenge - the bosses from Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 were pretty memorable in that way, too. REALLY tough to beat, but beatable.

On the other hand, we've got The Last Remnant. The Enlightened Seven, Gates of Hell, Jager & Lob Omen... so many of the bosses in that fucking game are completely broken. Having the ability to completely rip about all five of your units in one turn just because they got lucky with the randomly selected spell choice the AI decided to use does NOT make for a fun game.
I really enjoyed the music, the graphics, the plot, and the gameplay mechanics of The Last Remnant, but the balancing was so utterly poor that I lost interest completely on the six bases.

Drago-Morph

Mar 28, 2010
Dreadman75 said:
Mother. Fucking. Kid. Buu. From DBZ Budukai 2. I dream of ripping out his intestines and strangling him to death with them!

That son of a ***** was so OP it wasn't funny. Not only is he short, which makes some attacks miss completely. But he is also ungodly fast, and has the most "fuck you" moveset out of any of the other characters.
This. So very much this.

It took me literally years to beat him. Admittedly, I was like eight, but when the only game I ever played was Budokai 2 and I played it at least once a day? I was pretty damn good. I would try to beat him at least once every time I loaded the thing up.

And he beat me every fucking time.