The most OP Bosses in existence?

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
Drago-Morph said:
Dreadman75 said:
Mother. Fucking. Kid. Buu. From DBZ Budukai 2. I dream of ripping out his intestines and strangling him to death with them!

That son of a ***** was so OP it wasn't funny. Not only is he short, which makes some attacks miss completely. But he is also ungodly fast, and has the most "fuck you" moveset out of any of the other characters.
This. So very much this.

It took me literally years to beat him. Admittedly, I was like eight, but when the only game I ever played was Budokai 2 and I played it at least once a day? I was pretty damn good. I would try to beat him at least once every time I loaded the thing up.

And he beat me every fucking time.
I was only ever able to beat him ONCE. He and I had full 5 bars of whatever that gameplay mechanic was called, and I made sure to buff my def and off with the power-ups around the map. Of course he can do THE SAME FUCKING THING without even moving from his little area. It took over 5 consecutive battles, without loading a previous save, to finally put that little pink bastard down. And that was all in a row too. I never went back to the game after that...FUCK! HIM!

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Sewa_Yunga said:
Boost Guardian in Metroid Prime: Echoes on expert mode.

You take constant damage from the atmosphere and if he hits you while boosting around like a pinball on crack... well, better make sure he doesn't.
That ************ haunts me to this day. Easily the hardest boss I've personally played against.

You also forgot to mention the goo form where you have to hit him with way too many bombs before you can actually damage that asshole.

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
Gabanuka said:

The bane of my childhood. I blame my arachnophobia on that thing.
Morph ball into a corner. Problem solved. Also, you can spam left and right should you be captured by Yakuza's spidery jaws.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
The Lazy Blacksmith said:
Gabanuka said:

Morph ball into a corner. Problem solved. Also, you can spam left and right should you be captured by Yakuza's spidery jaws.
Should of told that to 10 yearold me, I did manage to beat him actually. Then I lost my DS with the game.

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
Gabanuka said:
Gabanuka said:

Should of told that to 10 yearold me, I did manage to beat him actually. Then I lost my DS with the game.
My condolences. That was such a good game.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Gabanuka said:
Gabanuka said:

That's a shame, second best metroid in my opinion. Of course when you do a 1% you start to get disturbingly good at the bosses.

OT: Ryuji from No More Heroes 2. I haven't beaten him on bitter and I only defeated him on mild by abusing invincibility frames.

OctalLord

May 20, 2010
Faladorian said:
(Not a boss, but...) The last bit of the meat circus in Psychonauts where...
Your father is throwing flaming maces at you while you walk the tightrope and climb flaming gymnastic equipment in a room filling with water, which kills you if you touch it

If memory serves that part was pretty easy if you went invisible and were quick about your platforming. Since he couldn't spot you to throw things at you it was just a long drawn out disturbing jump puzzle.

At least that's how I remember beating it, been awhile since I played that game.

Vinny Day

Aug 2, 2011
Hey there, dude who started the thread here. I'm quite pleased my FIRST thread had this many replies :D ! But let me make this clear: ruby weapon, was not tough. emerald weapon, was not tough. yiazmat is a pussy. you just wear him down, and go save, then go back to him when you feel like it. easy. omega weapon mark XII was an arse to kill.
Another FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU- boss was, as an SO3 fans will know, Freya. Especially on 4D mode. Boasting 60,000,000 HP and an entire array of devastating attacks. all of which can one hit an unsuspecting opponent. My fastest beat-time was over an hour for her. and i couldn't idle anywhere. i had to be perfect on EVERY attack i did. Every heal. Block. Buff. Goddamn fart!
i hated it and i loved it. but yeah. Oh, and the worst bit? She's a fricking loli.

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011

Grand Jewel from Legend of the Dragoon

This fucker right here.

Alright, for the uninitiated: in Legend of the Dragoon one of the main aspects of the battle system was that the characters gained a super-mode of sorts; the Dragoon form.
[http://legendofdragoon.wikia.com/wiki/Rose?image=The_Legend_of_Dragoon-_Rose-_Black_Dragoon_Form-jpg]
Better attack strength, cool looking armor and wings, access to great magic and a hell of a defense boost for both magic and physical attacks. The trade off was that it only lasted a few turns, so one had to conserve their uses of the Dragoon form; especially for Bosses.

Now, one of the main tactics one could use for bosses was that you grinded till you filled up the gauges to Dragoon form for each of your (currently running around) party members. If you did this before an encounter, there was a command called "Special" that allowed each of your characters to turn into their dragoon forms in one turn, so you could have all of the characters in their best state and only using one character's turn! Sounds great! However, the Grand Jewel subverted that.

Not only was it able to completely nerf the Dragoon form, which was bad enough; it could delevel the party in increments of 5, give those levels back (but that was only happened late into the battle), use any magic at full power (which was very fatal to the male characters, especially given that this battle was reliant upon physical strength), AND he would heal a fourth of his HP near the end of the battle; starting the grueling process all over again.

So yeah, this guy sucked.

Tiddles

Jan 30, 2012
Lilani said:
The Pandemonium Warden in Final Fantasy: XI couldn't be beat by an entire guild of players after 18 hours.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2008/08/pandemonium-war/

Though to be fair, after this happened Square-Enix put a 2-hour cap on all fights of this nature, saying there was a trick to beating it, but they're going to leave the community to figure it out. Now PM has been beaten multiple times in a reasonable amount of time :)
Oh the outrage as after the 18 hour slog! Then there was a patch which reworked the difficulty (specifically the re-gen factor) so that it was now beatable which just upset people more as it begged the question "why ship a game with an unbeatable boss?". Anyway definitely PW is my pick for the most over powered boss too.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Seth from Street Fighter 4 anyone? Seriously Capcom difficulty settings are fucking broken.

Golden Sun Dullahan wasn't as hard as the Star Magician. His stupid heal balls could heal over half his health in one turn. Also his explodey balls could kill half your party.

rednose1

Oct 11, 2009
Baal from the Disgaea series.

In a game where you can make characters with literally over a million health, strength, etc etc...all equipping items that also give you over a million health, strength etc,...he is still gonna faceroll your entire crew.

He's so absurdly OP, the characters in the game point out how ridiculuously OP he is.

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
Imthatguy said:
Esotera said:
I suppose if you count Hunters in Halo as bosses, they can be insanely overpowered if you play with all the skulls and highest difficulty.
A GRUNT IS OP WITH ALL THE SKULLS ON

NOTHING on youtube shows how difficult this boss fight is correctly. Awesome song tho.
That mother fucker...that goddamn mother fucker, seconded, F'ing seconded. Play with anything but a pure weapon combat and you're screwed. I did stealth hand-to-hand and god damn it, it took me three days to finish because of the rage quits and migraines it was bringing on. Killed that bastard in the first choice I had. No turning him and making use of him...hell, I didn't kill the first terrorist leader you're after and I executed that Russian fucker without a thought.

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
erttheking said:
I doubt that anyone didn't think that these two were major pains in the asses.
http://www.vgarabia.com/images/2012/03/ornstein-and-smough.png

On another note, there's the Duex Ex HR bosses.
Those two were not half as big as a pain in the ass as the bed of chaos or even the centipede demon.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
I'd say the boss from Mushihimesama is pretty OP, kinda suprised noone mentioned it yet :p

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Hazy992 said:
Azazel from Tekken 6. Seriously fuck that boss, it just pisses me off.
OH GOD. Azazel is just not even fair.

I can use the cheapest characters and cheapest moves possible and still get my ass handed to me on a silver platter nine times out of ten. Whoever designed that asshole should be fired.
Deviate said:
There will never be nor have there ever been bosses more douchelike than quicktime events.

Why? Because they're worthless shitty mechanics inherited from the peasant piles of shit called consoles.
You know, the QTE mechanic has been around since at least the '70s (The Driver, an arcade game), quite a while before home consoles were of notable pull in the industry. And really, they aren't that bad. Video games are QTEs, if you haven't noticed. It's just that most of the time the game doesn't display it on-screen.

Whoa, there's a guy! I'd better press [button] to shoot him down!
A ledge, in my way? Better use [button] to jump over it.

The QTE as you see it is just a glorified, more cinematic approach to basic video game controls. Nothing to get so incredibly heated about.

Imthatguy

Sep 11, 2009
FFHAuthor said:
That mother fucker...that goddamn mother fucker, seconded, F'ing seconded. Play with anything but a pure weapon combat and you're screwed. I did stealth hand-to-hand and god damn it, it took me three days to finish because of the rage quits and migraines it was bringing on. Killed that bastard in the first choice I had. No turning him and making use of him...hell, I didn't kill the first terrorist leader you're after and I executed that Russian fucker without a thought.
His comments on the news are worth sparing him for.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Deviate said:
Why? Because they're worthless shitty mechanics inherited from the peasant piles of shit called consoles.

PC Gamer Master Race, signing off.
Depending on how much you trust Wikipidia, the earliest game to use QTEs was a 1979 arcade game called The Driver where the player had to match their steering wheel, gas pedal and brakes with the movements shown pre-filmed sequences (i.e cutscenes). So they do not originate from consoles but rather coin-operated Arcade machines

Tesral

Jul 19, 2011
Easily the secret final member of the cobras in MGS3.
Worth it for ladder camo.