The Official Fallout 3 Thread.

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
Numerous topics on fallout exist already, why do we need an official topic? We expect a lot of discussion in the days leading up to the release of Fallout 3. This thread is here for general discussion, assertions of glee, unrealistic expectations, questions about killable children, and unfounded complaints.

Please check out the wikipedia page [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_3] before asking a question that may have already been answered.

Discussion rules:

• [li]Please avoid discussing spoilers in this thread until the street date is here, that includes users who've received early pre-orders (earliest release is midnight in North America on October 28). [/li]
    [li]Please keep all your spoilers, no matter how small, within spoiler tags [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/markup_help.php].[/li]
    [li]In the interests of keeping us from repeating ourselves over and over again, make sure you read the other posts in this thread before asking a question. [/li]

Topics
[hr]
G.O.A.T? (thanks: Sgt. Giggles)
Those of you who played Fallout 3, what did you get on your GOAT?

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Nice, I believe we did the same thing with GTA4, no?

And just to play devil's advocate here; first ;3

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
Fallout 3 has a portable nuke launcher.

With that in mind I pre-ordered this game in a second.

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
Jumplion post=9.74419.833077 said:
We did, it worked well and kept the number of "I just got the game!" threads down.

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
CrafterMan post=9.74419.833084 said:
Fallout 3 has a portable nuke launcher.
Fallout 3 has a slingshot that shoots nukes, no?

Fallout 3 looks like it's gonna be amazing, shame I'm saving for Left 4 Dead.
My computer wouldn't run it too well, either. I think. Can anyone estimate how a Radeon X1600 Pro would do?

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
It looks great, and I love that it's first person, but becuase it's also an RPG, I just can't bring myself to buy it. I am just really bad at managing stats and upgrades.

Slash12

Apr 26, 2008
This game is one of the few games that I needed to pre-order right away for fear of not being able to just buy it on release day. I'm really hoping this game lives up to the hype.

insectoid

Aug 19, 2008
I'm looking forward to it, but I don't know that I'll have enough money/time to get it until a couple of weeks after release.

Novajam

Apr 26, 2008
Thanks Wilson.

I'll seed some discussion. Does anyone else think that Fallout 3 won't connect with the player emotionally? I don't think it'll be on par with Mass Effect, but more on a GTA4 level. The reason I say this is because

In the Megaton/Tenpenny Tower gameplay videos, the choice between destroying and saving Megaton looks very black and white. Sure, something like this would be a great choice later in the game once you've got your feet wet and know what kind of character you want to play, but Megaton will likely be one of the first places you visit. That early on you've no connections or attachments or sway to good or evil. Putting that big a decision into the player's hands so early will be be too much too fast in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Also, who's preordered Fallout 3? I paid my order off yesterday. Now I just have to play the waiting game.

King wiL

Jul 28, 2008
I've preordered it, ive even splashed out an extra £10 on th collectors edition, gotta love that vault tec lunchbox haha :)

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
Pre-ordered my collector's edition today. I was quite surprised that there were some left in the backroom, but hey, more Pip-Boy for me!

Novajam

Apr 26, 2008
King wiL post=9.74419.833630 said:
I've preordered it, ive even splashed out an extra £10 on th collectors edition, gotta love that vault tec lunchbox haha :)
Hey Joe post=9.74419.833634 said:
Pre-ordered my collector's edition today. I was quite surprised that there were some left in the backroom, but hey, more Pip-Boy for me!
Bloody hell you two could get hold of a collectors edition? I couldn't and I put my order in weeks ago!

Hey Jooooooooooooe, you live in Perth right? You'll get me one, right? :)

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
Novajam post=9.74419.833662 said:
King wiL post=9.74419.833630 said:
Hey Joe post=9.74419.833634 said:
Bloody hell you two could get hold of a collectors edition? I couldn't and I put my order in weeks ago!

Hey Jooooooooooooe, you live in Perth right? You'll get me one, right? :)
Hell No, but go to the EB in Carrilon City and they'll sort you out. Tell them that James sent you. They don't actually know who I am, but do it anyway.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Jumplion post=9.74419.833077 said:

And just to play devil's advocate here; first ;3
The thing that tipped me over the edgewas when I saw a gameplay video where the guy playing pickpocketed a zombie and as well as taking all his shit, slipped a primed grenade into his pocket then watched him explode.

[zonking great]

Aug 20, 2008
Pre-order's in the bag, and I don't even have to pay in advance. Webstores are awesome! I normally fail to see the point of getting Collector's Editions, but come on, a Vault-tec lunchbox? I want it!

In other thoughts, whoever thought the Megaton series were spoilers should probably open their minds a little. That is just one of many ways of approaching the quest. That was not THE solution to end all solutions, so to speak. Honestly, I don't see the problem.

(Besides, using that nuke is far too tempting...)

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
I can't wait to rockit launch a teddy bear into someone's face. p/oed the collectors edition cuz I want the luch box

Jolly Madness

Mar 21, 2008
Mmmmm... I love bethesda, and since I've never played Fallout before (yeah, shun me) I expect this to be a great game. Particularily looking forward to the "stuff launcher", teddybears!