The Official Fallout 3 Thread.

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
Novajam post=9.74419.833420 said:
Thanks Wilson.

I'll seed some discussion. Does anyone else think that Fallout 3 won't connect with the player emotionally? I don't think it'll be on par with Mass Effect, but more on a GTA4 level. The reason I say this is because

In the Megaton/Tenpenny Tower gameplay videos, the choice between destroying and saving Megaton looks very black and white. Sure, something like this would be a great choice later in the game once you've got your feet wet and know what kind of character you want to play, but Megaton will likely be one of the first places you visit. That early on you've no connections or attachments or sway to good or evil. Putting that big a decision into the player's hands so early will be be too much too fast in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Also, who's preordered Fallout 3? I paid my order off yesterday. Now I just have to play the waiting game.
I preordered it and in response to your statement about the megaton decision: There's also a third way it can be handled, you can join a bomb worshiping cult and detonate and get no bad karma because you believe it was god's will. At least that's what it seemed like

N_of_the_dead

Apr 2, 2008
i preordered mine online like a week ago, would've gone to a EB or GameStop but there are none in the town were im currently at.

i cant wait to get my hand on the power fist, i love that thing

cant wait to start building up that negative karma

axia777

Oct 10, 2008
I want this game so bad it hurts me loins. Must have Fall Out 3. I need to install virtual machine with Windows 98 on it so I can play my old copies of Fallout 1 & 2 too keep me tided over. Both those games HATE XP x64.

haruvister

Jun 4, 2008
I loved the first two, and yet I started having inexplicable doubts recently. Then I watched a vid in which the player pickpocketed an unwitting fellow and planted a live grenade on him. Needless to say, my doubts were promptly alleviated.

axia777

Oct 10, 2008
GenHellspawn post=9.74419.835263 said:
haruvister post=9.74419.835181 said:
Needless to say, my doubts were promptly alleviated.
Because one little gameplay feature remained unchanged?
Because, I suspect, the spirit of the first two games are a live and well in the third iteration. Even though the system of gameplay is so different the world of Fallout is in this new game in spades.

ThePoodonkis

Apr 22, 2008
The game play videos where the guy decapitated some guy with a power-fist thing was awesome.
That, and the gun that shoots railroad spikes. RAILROAD SPIKES!

GenHellspawn

Jan 1, 2008
axia777 post=9.74419.835463 said:
Because, I suspect, the spirit of the first two games are a live and well in the third iteration.
Then you're in for an unpleasant surprise.

axia777

Oct 10, 2008
ThePoodonkis post=9.74419.835506 said:
The game play videos where the guy decapitated some guy with a power-fist thing was awesome.
That, and the gun that shoots railroad spikes. RAILROAD SPIKES!
Rail Road Spike Gun>Nail Gun any day of the week and twice on Friday!

PersianLlama

Aug 31, 2008
I've pre-ordered Fallout 3, but I'm not sure if I'll go pay for the rest and buy it. Purely because I thought Oblivion was crap, which worries me.

I did love Fallout 1 & 2.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Indigo_Dingo post=9.74419.835745 said:
Jumplion post=9.74419.835633 said:
Indigo_Dingo post=9.74419.835624 said:
CrafterMan post=9.74419.833084 said:
Fallout 3 has a portable nuke launcher.

With that in mind I pre-ordered this game in a second.
Didn't Jak 3 have that too?
I don't recall that...
Yeah, the Peace Makers 2nd modification - the Super Nova.
There's a BFG9000 sort of weapon in every game nowadays.

TheGhostOfSin

Terrible, Terrible Damage.
May 21, 2008
HA!
All you people an your pre-orders, I've been recently employed in a shop called Gamestation, in which I can "put games aside" for myself.
Plus staff discount = WIN

So as to add something less annoying, I don't think I'll be getting this game on release.
Don't get me wrong all I've heard of it is good, and it seems to be a very strong GotY contender, but I still haven't forgiven the sin of Oblivion and I'm very wary.

Wilson, I think it would be wise to make threads for Fable 2 and LBP aswell

DARKLARK

Jul 30, 2008
i just read the official xbox magazine review and they gave it a 10/10. unfortunatelty i got my 360 taken away for bad performance in my advanced classes, so i wont get to play it.

Drift-Bus

Sep 17, 2008
the whole game looks meh to me

you play one charcter, in a boring landscape that's very repitive, shooting generic guns at generic reptitive mutants

i should love the id3ea of it, i love oblivion but.... meh

discuss?

N_of_the_dead

Apr 2, 2008
TheGhostOfSin post=9.74419.835910 said:
HA!
All you people an your pre-orders, I've been recently employed in a shop called Gamestation, in which I can "put games aside" for myself.
Plus staff discount = WIN

So as to add something less annoying, I don't think I'll be getting this game on release.
Don't get me wrong all I've heard of it is good, and it seems to be a very strong GotY contender, but I still haven't forgiven the sin of Oblivion and I'm very wary.

Wilson, I think it would be wise to make threads for Fable 2 and LBP aswell

you lucky bastard and besides my pre-order is needed due to the lack of game store in the town I'm attending college in
but yeah there probably should be a fable 2 thread or there will be a shit load on Tuesday

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
Jolly Madness post=9.74419.834915 said:
Particularily looking forward to the "stuff launcher", teddybears!
Stfu! *Plush-Pwnd*

A very novel weapon! I reckoned something like would crop up sooner or later after the gravity gun appeared.