The Official Fallout 3 Thread.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Alex_P said:
There are several things you can do:
- You can find multiple copies of the plans as you explore. These alter the default condition of unique items you produce. I think this default state is also based on your Repair skill level. (For consumables like grenades, you will instead get 2 or 3 of an item every time you create one.)
- You can make multiple copies of an item and then use Repair to turn them into an item in good condition. There are plenty of spare parts around.
- You can take your unique weapons to a trader and pay to have them repaired. Different ones have different repair skills, so some will be able to improve it more than others. Uncle Roe in Canterbury Commons is a pretty good repairman. The traveling armor salesman is also very good.

-- Alex
Hey thanks! I have spare parts to make three more Shishkebabs, I'll try repairing when I get my repair skill on the 60's or 70's. I have no medicine skill, but a high perception (weird for a melee build, I know)... Gonna try to explode some pants next.

EDIT:
I recently found out that Gametap offered the original for free. Then more recently I found out that Gametap is removing it as a free offer to encourage people to use their paid service. Upon hearing this, I went over to Gametap to make an account. Alas, it's not offered in my country. Maybe it's not meant to be *fights urge to look for other means*.

Video Gone

Feb 7, 2009
Syntax Error said:
Alex_P said:
There are several things you can do:
- You can find multiple copies of the plans as you explore. These alter the default condition of unique items you produce. I think this default state is also based on your Repair skill level. (For consumables like grenades, you will instead get 2 or 3 of an item every time you create one.)
- You can make multiple copies of an item and then use Repair to turn them into an item in good condition. There are plenty of spare parts around.
- You can take your unique weapons to a trader and pay to have them repaired. Different ones have different repair skills, so some will be able to improve it more than others. Uncle Roe in Canterbury Commons is a pretty good repairman. The traveling armor salesman is also very good.

-- Alex
Hey thanks! I have spare parts to make three more Shishkebabs, I'll try repairing when I get my repair skill on the 60's or 70's. I have no medicine skill, but a high perception (weird for a melee build, I know)... Gonna try to explode some pants next.

EDIT:
I recently found out that Gametap offered the original for free. Then more recently I found out that Gametap is removing it as a free offer to encourage people to use their paid service. Upon hearing this, I went over to Gametap to make an account. Alas, it's not offered in my country. Maybe it's not meant to be *fights urge to look for other means*.
I know what you're thinking,but don't do it.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
harhol said:
Playing with Big Guns maxed out, the Pyromaniac perk and dosed up on Psycho is so much fun. The flamer's base damage was ~140.

I actually ignored all the drugs on my first two playthroughs but now I'm effectively drip-feeding myself Med-X and Psycho.

You only come to realise how boring Small Guns is when you've experimented with the other weapon types.
Yeah, the drugs are great, but getting addicted is a pain. You never got addicted to Protection from Evil or Haste or anything in Baldur's Gate >:p

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
harhol said:
You only come to realise how boring Small Guns is when you've experimented with the other weapon types.
Didn't they add in the gauss gun in the DLC? That should make Small Guns on par with the other 2.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Fully Repaired Deathclaw Gauntlet + Ninja + Sneak = 1 hit kill, even against guys in Power Armor. Time to scale up the difficulty. I was too late to realize that the armor you wear has a direct effect on your movement speed. I'm gonna ditch the Ranger Combat Armor for the Modified Vault Suit, to keep my mobility high and Luck Maxed.

Feb 8, 2009
I just rented this game today....and played it for 3 hours straight. Its amazing. One of the greatest games of all time.

The only problem I had was that it was hard to tell what to do next, and it was incredibly large, which is kinda of good and bad in my opinion. Maybe I'm just stupid, but I would like things to be a little more simple.

But those are just nitpicks. Great game. I may not buy it, but I will try to beat it. Truly a work of art.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
I just finished the pitt and I was pleased to find those little easter eggs still put in, like if your in the supply plant you check on terminal you find a entery from a supervisor, and well maybe you should find out for yourself..... Still really cool though....... Was there any little easter eggs like that in the operation anchorage......

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
I have a question, I came across a office in elephant plaza, well when I went in I found a body called Gibson, well I went back there a few days later, THE BODY WAS ALIVE, Gibson was up and about, anyone else had that happen???

Another question... Those Search party logs/graves, can anyone tell me some locations, I so far have found 1 and 3

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Hey you guys should try playing as a character with points invested in explosives. Grenades have spectacular results when applied to any enemy in the game.

Plus there's no cooler way to kill people than with explosives.

[http://img387.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot4.png]

Ivan The Squirrel

Nov 13, 2009
Back to Argyle and Herbert Daring dashwood, there is a computer terminal all about him in tenpenny tower...
Also, when you need to kill tenpenny for the quest "you gotta shoot him in the head", power fist him off the tower! So funny XD!!!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Ivan The Squirrel said:
Back to Argyle and Herbert Daring dashwood, there is a computer terminal all about him in tenpenny tower...
Also, when you need to kill tenpenny for the quest "you gotta shoot him in the head", power fist him off the tower! So funny XD!!!
You can also find Argyle's corpse in Rockopolis and report the sad news to Herbert. He's so nice I had to save Tenpenny Tower from the ghouls just for him.

Welcome to the Escapist, new member!