The Official Fallout 3 Thread.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Anton P. Nym said:
ansem1532 said:
I have a question,

I just happened to be playing fallout 3 on my 360 when I notice one of my recently played players is playing fallout.

I decide to look at what level he is at and I am shocked to see that he was "level 32--Scourge of humanity"

I thought the max level was 20, so how is this possible?
If he's playing the PC version through Games for Windows Live, and he's used a PC "console" command to change the level cap, it might just get reported that way. Pre-NXE his GamerTag would have a little PC-shaped icon next to it if that was the case; did you see anything that might hint he was playing on a desktop instead of a 360?

-- Steve
That's exactly what I had thought at first, but I checked him over and over, and there was no indication of that.

Ubersawer

Dec 4, 2008
I know this question has most likely been asked to death but I'll ask anyways. I'm exploring the wastes as my own representation of what the medic from tf2 would look like in that world. (energy weapons, medicine, and science maxed. Also distributed my skill points as such that i've maxed out repair, speech, and lockpick as well) Now i've gotten the alien blaster at level four mind you, now i'm level 20 and i've since run out of ammo for it. What I would love is if someone could tell me some of the locations that has the highest amount of probability that the firelance and/or ammo will drop? Me and my medic would be very happy.

CmdrGoob

Oct 5, 2008
Fantastic game. Haven't finished the main story yet, but just wandering the wastelands is so awesome, I've stumbled upon so many cool places, and I've barely explored most of it. Really fun gameplay, too.

Solytus

Sep 2, 2008
Willwillwritehiswill said:
Anton P. Nym said:
The_Oracle said:
WHY in Vecna's name is that Children of Atom preacher from Megaton still alive? He's standing ankle-deep in radioactive water, and it doesn't even seem to faze him! 'Tis truly bizarre, as the water hurts me and not him.
My child, Atom's glow is a blessing for those who accept His glory. Come, come and celebrate the fission that will convert our wretched, filthy bodies into instruments of warmth and light! Drink with me, and pray...

(Then again, that guy had the same voice actor as Colonel Autumn so maybe those characters get extra Rad Resistance or something.)

-- Steve
There's a thought...
Has anyone killed him? did he drop any android components? usually that's a hint that that NPC was an android.
I killed him in my last save, along with everyone else in Megaton, and alas, no android parts.

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
i have a question. during one of my loading screens, i saw a stat that said, "contracts completed:0." where do i go to start these contracts?

Untamed Waters

Dec 12, 2008
How do you guys get away with exploding someones pants? I have the achievement, but I always get caught. and also..

how bad is the radiation at vault 87? Is it really that bad?

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
The_Oracle said:
WHY in Vecna's name is that Children of Atom preacher from Megaton still alive? He's standing ankle-deep in radioactive water, and it doesn't even seem to faze him! 'Tis truly bizarre, as the water hurts me and not him.
Its the reason he is so crazy. Obviously.

Untamed Waters

Dec 12, 2008
RAKtheUndead said:
fish food carl said:
Untamed Waters said:
That really sucks!
Well, you get to meet a bunch delightful children, all of whom are bastards. You wouldn't want to miss that would you?
That's precisely what I was trying to miss in my own playthrough. Fallout just isn't the same without the ability and option to plant dynamite on a child and blow them into 48 irregularly-shaped chunks. I didn't use that option in either of the previous Fallouts, but that destination in Fallout 3 made me want to laser-drill all of their heads.
\

I get to blow them up? Frickin' A!

HomeAliveIn45

Jun 4, 2008
Ok, if anyone can help me with this please, do so.

*SPOILER*

I just finished the game and decided I wanted to keep on going, so I installed the 'continue playing after completing the main quest mod' (http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=586)
However, in my entire playthrough, I had never gotten dogmeat. So I went to the scrapyard, killed the three raiders, but he wasn't there. I've tried using the console commands to make him spawn, but nothing works. Currently, Fawkes is my companion, but I'm pretty sure dogmeat doesn't take up a slot. Any help?

dukethepcdr

May 9, 2008
HomeAliveIn45 said:
Ok, if anyone can help me with this please, do so.

*SPOILER*

I just finished the game and decided I wanted to keep on going, so I installed the 'continue playing after completing the main quest mod' (http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=586)
However, in my entire playthrough, I had never gotten dogmeat. So I went to the scrapyard, killed the three raiders, but he wasn't there. I've tried using the console commands to make him spawn, but nothing works. Currently, Fawkes is my companion, but I'm pretty sure dogmeat doesn't take up a slot. Any help?
I haven't run into Dogmeat yet either. I've noticed that some console commands don't work too well. I for example have no luck getting anything to unlock using the "unlock ____" command. The "tgm" command works really well though. Lately, I've been playing using tgm command just for kicks. It's like being some kind of post-apocalyptic super hero as you can take all kinds of physical and chemical damage without dying. It doesn't really diminish the challenge of the game much though as you still have to figure out what to do next, what to say and where to go.

CmdrGoob

Oct 5, 2008
Finished it yesterday.

The ending is the worst ending I've ever seen. Just terrible.

There's a total of three completely radiation immune followers you might have with you to enter the chamber but none of them will go in, even though there's no way they'd die. No, the developers wanted to force you to sacrifice yourself or Lyons so fuck that you can't do it. No, you can't survive by increasing your rad resistance and chugging rad away, the developers wanted someone to die. Arrg, stupid fucking shitty forced writting to force you into their shitty binary choice. And even if you survive by sacrificing Lyons, you still get kicked out to the main menu at the end same as if you died. Why!? It's still an open world out there and I'm still alive, let me out dammit. Some fucking open world this is.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Bumping this thread because the patch for the 360 version dropped tonight, and this means we can expect the January DLC soon.

List of fixes here: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=940978

I didn't experience many problems (at least not as many as you'd think, looking at that list), but I've read plenty of complaints about bugs - here's a few I and my wife have come across.

Bug Fixes

Fixed rare issue with getting stuck in VATS mode.

Fixed occasional issue where the controller would stop working properly.
God, this was the biggest one for me! Once in awhile when loading a save or fast travelling my right analog stick would stop responding.

Quest Fixes

Fixed several XP speech exploits with certain NPCs.
Heh, my wife actually got bumped off XBox live while abusing the glitch to get the silver-tongued devil achievement - obviously when the patch went live.

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
Thanks for the heads up! While I'm here, we might as well discuss DLC: What new weapons and animals do you think they'll add? Do you think it will be good, or bad?
Oh, and: