The one thing you are sick and fucking tired of seeing on the internet.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
People who appear to take offence at cynical comments, and then proceed to condescendingly state something along the lines of "You're just copying everone else".
"No, I am not copying everyone else. I have my own view points, they simply differ from yours- please stop talking down to me, now."
...'Course, I never say that, because as a response it holds very little weight. Maybe if I threw in a few swears.

flaming_ninja

<!NULL>
Aug 25, 2009
eljawa said:
people trying to get people to vote up their comments on youtube, or bashing justin bieber, or comments relating to the number of people who voted a video down
This, and may I add the people trying to defend JB... Those guys are nuts, I have nothing against the guy but his die-hard fans are just crazy.

Banana Cannon

Jun 15, 2010
"A couple of things.... Mainly on every Youtube video for music I like there's always a comment with loads of thumbs ups saying about how Justin Beiber is shit... I mean, really? If you think he's shit, then don't listen to his music...
Also I can't stand it when people parrot Yahtzee. It gets really old really fast when people can't shut up about how bad MW2 was, and I saw someone earlier on this thread talking about hating the word 'Blog'...."

Well... You never really knock something until you try it for the RPG rant. I for one am genuinely interested in getting my hands on Pandora 4 if I can because its challenging the general consensus.
The only thing that really gets me is advertisements for a social movement of "being good to the environment" which is shown to me whether I like it or not by a scene from Glee, a show I will never watch because it isn't even encouraging a person's actual good nature and creativity in life, but just sets in the idea to follow trends, and ruins songs that otherwise wouldn't be sung by every gullible mainstreamer you meet. Glee isn't cool even imaginative but just PR, it shouldn't ruin the mood after or before I watched the intense fight scenes that were in the Red vs Blue series.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
1. Memes. Evey last one of 'em, including:
--Lolcats
--Demotivational posters
--The troll face
--The rage face
--"The Game"
--All Valve-related memes.
--Many, many, many, many, MANY more.
2. Gamers being overly defensive by relating pretty much everything that happens in the news back to the defense of games.
3. Angsty middle-schoolers who know nothing about politics and current events talking about politics and current events anyway.
4. As many people have already mentioned, the old "Lost faith in humanity" routine.
5. Uninformed teenagers who believe that America has become like the government in "V for Vendetta" just because they search kids at the airport or something.
6. Furries.
7. People showing a complete disregard for any kind of grammar/punctuation.
8. Why is "____" so popular?
9. Why does everyone hate "______"?
10. "You are never the only one." It's just a figure of speech, people.
11. The last X you Y'ed now wants to Z.

Yeah, that's all I got.
I'm in agreement with you, and with some more. The memes really make people sound like robots who all came from the same assembly line. Makes me think of Idiocracy, with people's conversational skills devolving. And your #10 is so true. People here seem to have no clue what a hyperbole is sometimes.

Other things:
-"People only dislike Fable 1/2/3 because of the hype". Fable 3 was barely hyped at all. It got standard advertising, nothing out of the norm. And plenty us played Fable 2 without hearing a peep of the hype and still hated it.
-"Rap is just noise about cars and hos"
-Person A: "Are games art?" Person B-Z: "SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS! PORTAL! OKAMI!". Just the whole "games are art" thing is just overdone, by the responses are copy and pasted.
-Anything trying to define RPG. It's ambiguous as hell and has been for a long time, resulting in many people coming up with their own ideas of what an RPG is. Just quit arguing, quit freaking out when games don't meet your genre checklist, and enjoy the games.

CrazyMedic

Jun 1, 2010
moretimethansense said:
CrazyMedic said:
moretimethansense said:
JRPGs/Anime are nothing but weaboo shit that idiots only think they enjoy because they've never played a real game!

that or
JRPG's aren't RPGs

everytime I see a comment like that I die a little inside, a little bit of my childhood slips away and I lose a little faith in (wait for it) Gamers and gaming in general.
I agree with you expect for the jrpg bit it is it's genre but how can you call it an rpg when there are no choices you are not playing a role even if I love them they just need a new name is all.
They don't though.
For a start you do play a role, it's just not one you get to pick,
You often do get to make choices your choices just have to be in character.

Also one of the core principals of rpg's is number crunching Name one "true" RPG that didn't have number crunching I fucking dare you, If they didn't they wouldn't be rpgs they would be choose your own adventure stories or visual novels.

Besides, the whole "no role" argument is fundamentally flawed,
Dungeons & Dragons the granddaddy of RPGs quite possibly the first and most definitely the most well know Is an RPG point of fact it created the very concept of RPGs, and yet many people play them as nothing more than number crunchers.
No playing of roles, no developed characters hell often not even a story beyond "monsters over there, kill they ass take they loot" does D&D stop being an RPG for those games?
No, not even a little.
you make a good point but still dnd has the potential you can play any game as a "monsters over stick your pointy bit of metal into his eye" but if it has the potentional for doing deep roleplaying it is still a roleplaying, and the fact that it has or doesn't have number crucnhing has nothing to do with it being an rpg. but no matter how you look at it you get no choice but stats the character is set and the only thing that changes if I put more stats in speed or magic is the combat.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Kharloth said:
Not much on the internet as a whole.

However, I am getting fucking sick of Boxxy threads on /b/.
I don't frequent 4chan enough to be inundated by all the Boxxy threads but I don't like seeing them either...I mean seriously whats so fuckin great about her? Why do so many of the dumbasses thier call her 4chans 'queen'....
anyway that aside Im really tired of all these damned Catalycsm commercials getting between me and my videos that Im trying to watch on the Escapist....I get it Russ got a shit ton of money or 'something' from Blizzard but dammit it all if its not starting to piss me off!

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
CrazyMedic said:
moretimethansense said:
CrazyMedic said:
moretimethansense said:
JRPGs/Anime are nothing but weaboo shit that idiots only think they enjoy because they've never played a real game!

that or
JRPG's aren't RPGs

everytime I see a comment like that I die a little inside, a little bit of my childhood slips away and I lose a little faith in (wait for it) Gamers and gaming in general.
I agree with you expect for the jrpg bit it is it's genre but how can you call it an rpg when there are no choices you are not playing a role even if I love them they just need a new name is all.
They don't though.
For a start you do play a role, it's just not one you get to pick,
You often do get to make choices your choices just have to be in character.

Also one of the core principals of rpg's is number crunching Name one "true" RPG that didn't have number crunching I fucking dare you, If they didn't they wouldn't be rpgs they would be choose your own adventure stories or visual novels.

Besides, the whole "no role" argument is fundamentally flawed,
Dungeons & Dragons the granddaddy of RPGs quite possibly the first and most definitely the most well know Is an RPG point of fact it created the very concept of RPGs, and yet many people play them as nothing more than number crunchers.
No playing of roles, no developed characters hell often not even a story beyond "monsters over there, kill they ass take they loot" does D&D stop being an RPG for those games?
No, not even a little.
you make a good point but still dnd has the potential you can play any game as a "monsters over stick your pointy bit of metal into his eye" but if it has the potentional for doing deep roleplaying it is still a roleplaying, and the fact that it has or doesn't have number crucnhing has nothing to do with it being an rpg. but no matter how you look at it you get no choice but stats the character is set and the only thing that changes if I put more stats in speed or magic is the combat.
D&D is the first, it is how we define RPGs
It has always been half number crunch, half story,
Why should only one of those elements qualify for an RPG and the other not?

And to disarm your defence
JRPGs also have the potetal for deep roleplaying so why can you disqualify them but not D&D?

And once again D&D defines what an RPG is half number crunch half playing roles if playing roles make it an RPG why not number crunching.

And just to add a little food for thought,
How many western RPGs can you name where you are truely given choice?
or even the ability to create your own role?
Not many I'd wager so why do they get to be RPGs and not their Japanese cousins?

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
-faith in humanity comments
-The game
-Are games art? (The answers yes by definition, stop arguing about it)
-"The last enemy you killed..."
-Epic
-Awesome
-"It's the internet, I don't have to spell things correctly or even attempt grammar!"
-Any comments about the 'new generation', especially when made by someone whose just come out of their preteens.
-"Consoles ruined this game!" "Dumbed down for consoles." (And I play PC more than anything else)
-Micro$oft and $ony

There's plenty more, but I'll just stop there.

Oh, and just to be a jackass:
"The one thing you are sick and fucking tired of seeing on the internet"
- The unnecessary use of/overusing profanity.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
I am not a fan of preachy religious types including Atheists. Just be happy with what you've got, not everyone has the same views.

Pirates talking about how what they're doing is noble. If you don't pay for it, you don't get it. (I know, I know, flameshields and all)

People who are like "Oh, I'm above sexuality, I'm asexual. I don't find any fun in your petty emotions". I don't believe you, I just think you're awkward. I'm overweight and I don't get laid often, doesn't make me asexual it just means I'm vaginally challenged.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
moretimethansense said:
Just a little food for thought in return to contribute to your discussion. Don't forget that Role-Playing Games and Role-Playing Video Games actually are defined very differently. A video game can't account for all possible actions a human in a traditional RPG could come up with, so the definitions have to change a little. Designing your character and making choices can certainly be a part of it, but it is far from required, thus removing the main argument those who argue against JRPG's present.

Role-Playing Video Game

Klopy

Nov 30, 2009
Uninformed individuals trying to discuss something, as well as biased, close-minded people. No one can be perfect, but these people lead to frustrations.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Justin Bieber. OMG, I DON'T CARE! Why do I see his name plastered everywhere on every single webpage.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
And for me? I'm kind of sick of these threads [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.250107-The-one-thing-you-are-sick-and-fucking-tired-of-seeing-on-the-internet] turning up EVERY. OTHER. DAY.
Yup same here man.

TGBA said:
Atheists. They've become just as bad on the Internet as the religions they criticize in real life.
And yet they still dont see the irony.

Not saying that all atheists are zealots just a few.

VinnyKings

Nov 30, 2009
Any shit that has to do with COD. Especially the people that think they are a PR0-1337!!! G4M3R. There are other genres of games and you have not even "mastered" one.