The Philippines Outlaws Trolls, Cybersex

ReinWeisserRitter

Nov 15, 2011
...It really is mind-boggling how unbelievably fucked up things are in almost every Asian nation, and how poorly their societies treat them.

Not that there's any shortage of fucked upedness in non-Asian countries, but certain things are seriously out of hand over there.

ReinWeisserRitter

Nov 15, 2011
Also, Mr. Carter, as a presence on this site, you should know there are certain types of fire you don't play with around here; sexism has become one of them. Admit you made an error in your judgement, as it doesn't matter whether you find it offensive or not in the end, and back out with grace; don't make it out to be other peoples' problem that you didn't see a potential for backlash. I wouldn't have found it offensive either (prostitution of any sort isn't a glorious business, no, but there are some people who enjoy doing it and would regret not being allowed to, whether you like it or not), but I'm just one person.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Ah, silly me, I was expecting them to crack down hard on folks hacking people up with machetes because of cultural incompatibilities.

Much easier to crack down on cybercrime. Especially since the majority of folks in the Philippines are still stuck with getting ripped off in less arcane and digital ways.

If anything that doesn't involve an ongoing clash of civilizations would require an immediate response, it would be anything involving security or health issues, just on the subject of security we could fill binders with tons of important papers and ideas. OH, and what about the whole HIV/AIDS epidemic? It seems to be more popular than the pope over there.

How about wearing helmets when riding a motorbike, so you don't end up spreading your brain jelly all over the road?

How about proper DL process and control, so no knucklehead can run over your whole family, just because he's driving a car even though he's got the IQ of a loaf of bread and is blind?

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
This... this is very silly. I'm certain it will solve their problems and not create thousands upon thousands of cases that ring up very large price tags for the enforcement costs when these things are completely harmless. Cybersex? Really? Who exactly does it hurt when two consenting adults are talking about humping each other on the net?

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Oh my Boudica was banned. Now who will the forum team up against when it comes to controversial threads? Can't say I'm surprised... even if she asked for it, she didn't make a point and now she won't be able to post and defend herself. Shame really. Onto the next one