The Pickup Artist #2

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Oh, it's frostbitten tissue! I thought she had helped herself to some cake in the fridge while she lied in ambush.

...Perhaps Erin dearest ought to consider medication. Although Lord knows what effect it'll have on the game characters.

Xiado said:
Whoa, really surprised to not see the comments full of whining about how sexist pickup is and so on.
..Just when we had gotten that bloody elephant out, you have to lure it back in again.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Gasbandit said:
Just to make sure I'm reading this right, the bruised and bloody Erin in the fridge thing is a green lantern reference, yes? I'm not sure I'm connecting all the dots. I mean... why is she in the fridge? She could have easily just been sitting at the kitchen table to make the brick joke continuation from last week. Is it supposed to be implied that somebody, possibly herself, beat Erin up and put her in his fridge for him to find?

I thought that at first too. But knowing what a dead body left in the cold looks like, i'm betting that Erin has frostbite.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
What I find most hilarious is not Erin in a fridge making bad puns, but how little the guy seems to care.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Darth_Payn said:
I wasn't expecting more to the joke from last week, but well done, guys!
Erin: "Way less than what the hype initially promised?"
Guy* :"Erin, did you wait all night in my fridge to use that one?"
Erin: "...yes. Now I can't feel my legs. Or spine."
Guy: "Would you like to warm up and defrost on my couch until morning?"
Erin: "Yes, please. Wow, I am way more polite and bearable to be around when I almost freeze to death."
Guy: "Noted for next time."

*I forgot his name, but I think he used to be that brooding dude who got a piano for brooding purposes.
His name is Ashley.

Yes, they have made jokes about that, and yes he did get that piano. ;p

OT: I would also like a part three. :)

But, if it isn't to be, I will accept another one about The Suchong Rat clan. :D

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
I find it really weird how far some of the comments here are reading into this joke comic.

There's no ulterior motive with Erin being jealous or whatever, it's just a setup for jokes.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Renegade-pizza said:
Did you plan on making a second part, or did all our game-jokes inspire you to do it.

I don't know what's funnier, Erin in the freezer or her quip.
The frostbite on her feet, knees, arms and face is an excellent touch, showing her dedication to being a dick.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
dumped down to the lowest common denominator?
massively multiplayer?
easy?
full of swearing twelve year olds?

Demonjazz

Sexually identifies as Tiefling
Sep 13, 2008
8bitOwl said:
And, is Erin jealous? Her insistence seems to imply so...
... I am now officially shipping Ashley and Erin. Perhaps in the original joke she was supposed to pop out like a quick time event but she forgot to do that due to frostbite, and oxygen deficiency.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
If you'd not read the previous comic (which I had not) this one comic makes no sense, & what is with the woman in fridge reference?

-M

lucky_sharm

Aug 27, 2009
GamerMage said:
VanQ said:
GamerMage said:
VanQ said:
"Likely to offend special snowflakes?"

Oh, come on! It's a woman in a refrigerator here!

[sub]Before I'm publicly executed I demand that it be at the gallows. In a pirate suit.[/sub]
You won't executed, calm down. You're avatar is cool, by the way. Where's it from? Also, Jesus, Erin! You stayed in his fridge for what was likely HOURS...all to make another joke. I'm not sure if that's dedication, stupidity, or mix of both.
It's from season 2 of Sword Art Online.
What's that? And for that matter,what's it about?
The anime Sword Art Online is primarily about a kid who participates in various virtual reality online video games, beating up bad guys and having girls swoon over him 24/7.

It has a lot of cute girls and great animation. Character and plot-wise...let's just say it shall leave you wanting.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
psn_habalhabden said:
You know, I think they forgot a panel. You know the next one where Erin realizes that she's seen her friend naked and tries to blind herself like Oedipus Rex. That or starts laughing at it's size. Either way works.
What makes you think she couldn't possibly like it? The thought of that slightly arouses me.

I need to get a life.