The Royal wedding.. Any thoughts?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
So yeah its all over TV and everything, hell I think they are doing full corverage from like 2 to 7

anyway I guess its probably more understandble if your english or somthing...I mean thease days the whole "royalty" thing just seems hopelessly outdated

but its obviously bringing alot of people joy so its not a bad thing and I guess its no more pointless than anything else in this world

so yeah....

Shuswah_Noir

Nov 20, 2009
I'm not sure I'm having any 'thourghts'...

I personally am not that fussed. I'm Australian. I'm sick of seeing it in the news, cause it's not really news, more current affairs. But there's always going to be something, and at least it's something positive in the news instead of scare mongering bollocks that you normally have forced down your throat.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I'm British and I'm standing by my opinion that it's starting so early in the day so they can gush about Diana again and again and again and again and again. I mean, what the hell is gonna be happening at 6am, when we start our coverage here? "Oh, and news just in, Prince William has just woken up and had a shit! Images and video soon!" Just...why so much early coverage? What could possibly happen between 6am and 11.30am that we need to know about?

I'll be watching from the time the wedding starts but for two reasons. One, to see if Kate Middleton trips over her dress as I have £5 bet with someone that she will and two, to count how many times they mention Princess Diana. I'm willing to bet they mention her at least 5 times.

nolongerhere

Winter is coming.
Nov 19, 2008
I'm going to a street party in Kelvingrove park. Not to celebrate the wedding, but because the Prime minister said we're allowed to , so we will.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Sassafrass said:
I'm British and I'm standing by my opinion that it's starting so early in the day so they can gush about Diana again and again and again and again and again. I mean, what the hell is gonna be happening at 6am, when we start our coverage here? "Oh, and news just in, Prince William has just woken up and had a shit! Images and video soon!" Just...why so much early coverage? What could possibly happen between 6am and 11.30am that we need to know about?

I'll be watching from the time the wedding starts but for two reasons. One, to see if Kate Middleton trips over her dress as I have £5 bet with someone that she will and two, to count how many times they mention Princess Diana. I'm willing to bet they mention her at least 5 times.
You wouldn't happen to watch 10 O'Clock Live, would you?

Frankly I'm just happy I'm British, then I get the BBC footage and not the American news being overexcited about something I don't imagine any of the American populace even care about.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I'm confused as to why everyone news channel in America thinks I care.

Edit: *Looks at above post* Yeah, you just about got it right. And I also don't remember "thoughts" being spelled with an 'r'.

llew

Sep 9, 2009
British and could give two fucks about someone who does fuck all for his money getting married

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
Shuswah_Noir said:
I'm not sure I'm having any 'thourghts'...

I personally am not that fussed. I'm Australian. I'm sick of seeing it in the news, cause it's not really news, more current affairs. But there's always going to be something, and at least it's something positive in the news instead of scare mongering bollocks that you normally have forced down your throat.
Also Australian and I completely agree with you. Don't quite grasp why it's such a big deal here.

I'm planning on finding something else to do tomorrow night. Completely avoiding any media outlet until at least Sunday. I've already heard everything I need to know and I'd rather not watch the same 15 minutes of video on loop.

Trezu said:
the only reason i will watch it is because of the Chaser.
But hasn't the ABC been told by the BBC that they aren't allowed to show it?

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
llew said:
British and could give two fucks about someone who does fuck all for his money getting married
You COULDN'T give two fucks. saying you COULD give two fucks implies that you do indeed give more that at least one fuck about the royal wedding, dammit.

/grammar nazi

I'm mildly happy about it.

I feel glad for the royal couple, as I would with anyone else who got married. Everyone gets a day off, and all the military parades and pomp fascinate me.

Im not majorly excited by it, but if I'm not doing anything else tomorrow I may well watch some of it.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Miles000 said:
Trezu said:
the only reason i will watch it is because of the Chaser.
But hasn't the ABC been told by the BBC that they aren't allowed to show it?
Yep, the BBC won't let anyone use any of their footage of the wedding for satirical or humourous processes. Presumably they think the royal family is enough of a joke as it is.

MalakaiDemonia

May 21, 2009
Standard American popping in, don't give a shit. No offense but not even the local Brits seem to care.Now if Eddie Izzard was a bridesmaid, then sure. Cause he'd be the best dressed there.

Pistachio101

Mar 1, 2011
British and do not care.

I've heard a lot of people, especially foreigners, saying that "it is so great because they obviously love each other so much".

How the fuck do they know how much they love eachother?

Mar 30, 2010
I'm British and I couldn't give a flying toss. Not only that but I don't know anyone else who gives a flying toss.

The government put forward a policy supporting street parties for the 'big day' and all you had to do was apply for your postcode to get a license and the government would help that area throw a street party. Do you want to take a guess how many postcodes in Cumbria applied for one? 100? 250? 500?

No. 3.

What confuses me the most though is the number of Americans getting hyped over it. I really don't get that.

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
Sassafrass said:

Everything that you plan to do, except my two reasons to watch the wedding differ:

a) To see what Kate Middleton has decided to wear and whether she looks like a frump and
b) To see if she says No.

Oh go on, just for the amusement of many. Can you imagine the newspapers? it'd be like outrage.

Eh, I'm British and have no thoughts, except "shall I bother to get up and get dressed or shall I just lounge around and do absolutely nothing in my PJs?"

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Grouchy Imp said:
What confuses me the most though is the number of Americans getting hyped over it. I really don't get that.
A lot of canadians too. I call them idiots. There are people camped out days ahead of it just so they can "watch History"... fuck-tards.

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
This wedding has no real relevance to us - no more than that couple down the street. Why the hype? Because people are sheeple - following and cheering anyone who happens to be on the news. It's kinda pathetic; and more so given the royal family is losing it's relevance to us