The Royal wedding.. Any thoughts?

ThisIsSnake

Mar 3, 2011
I'm determined to ignore it, wake me up if something interesting like a mass protest or an assassination happens.

BodomBeachChild

Nov 12, 2009
While I do like the fact that for once the news has something good to say, and being cheerful about the wedding is a welcome change to "Who is shooting at whom today?" headlines... it's been time to move on to something new. I think the world is just a tit bit burned out over this now.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
I wouldn't even fart in the general direction of the wedding. I, honestly, literally could not care less about anything else in this world than the "royal" wedding.

Mar 30, 2010
manythings said:
Grouchy Imp said:
What confuses me the most though is the number of Americans getting hyped over it. I really don't get that.
A lot of canadians too. I call them idiots. There are people camped out days ahead of it just so they can "watch History"... fuck-tards.
And the weather is set to piss it down for most of the day. That shouldn't make me happy, but it does.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I'm getting as sick of the endless 'oo oo, do you care about the Royal (fucking) Wedding?!' as I am of the endless fucking coverage of same said fucking wedding.

Yes, we get it, two upperclass nonces are getting hitched at Westminster Abbey and most of the civilised world (English speaking and otherwise) couldn't give a toss.

Let's look forward to their divorce now.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Pistachio101 said:
British and do not care.

I've heard a lot of people, especially foreigners, saying that "it is so great because they obviously love each other so much".

How the fuck do they know how much they love eachother?
Because all they do is watch Jersey Shore? What do you want me to tell you?

I'm American and I don't care about it either, funny thing is, I'm currently living in West Texas and I have to listen to the Mexicans talk about it.... it's just plain weird I tell you.

EDIT:
My city's view on the royal wedding:
http://klaq.com/1-minute-inside-a-womans-head-the-royal-wedding/

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Sassafrass said:
to count how many times they mention Princess Diana. I'm willing to bet they mention her at least 5 times.
A drinking game this way comes.

OT: I don't care.

People sound as if they're being forced to watch and read every news story about it though, which isn't really the case.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
SckizoBoy said:
I'm getting as sick of the endless 'oo oo, do you care about the Royal (fucking) Wedding?!' as I am of the endless fucking coverage of same said fucking wedding.

Yes, we get it, two upperclass nonces are getting hitched at Westminster Abbey and most of the civilised world (English speaking and otherwise) couldn't give a toss.

Let's look forward to their divorce now.
but its soooo sweet how they LOVE each other SOOOOOO much

anyway Good for them but its NO ones buisness, somtimes I feel like saying to people WHY DO YOU GIVE A FUCK???

but then I realise we all have obssession over silly things...like portal 2

if it makes people happy it makes people happy

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
EmzOLV said:
Sassafrass said:
I'm British and I'm standing by my opinion that it's starting so early in the day so they can gush about Diana again and again and again and again and again. I mean, what the hell is gonna be happening at 6am, when we start our coverage here? "Oh, and news just in, Prince William has just woken up and had a shit! Images and video soon!" Just...why so much early coverage? What could possibly happen between 6am and 11.30am that we need to know about?

I'll be watching from the time the wedding starts but for two reasons. One, to see if Kate Middleton trips over her dress as I have £5 bet with someone that she will and two, to count how many times they mention Princess Diana. I'm willing to bet they mention her at least 5 times.
Everything that you plan to do, except my two reasons to watch the wedding differ:

a) To see what Kate Middleton has decided to wear and whether she looks like a frump and
b) To see if she says No.

Oh go on, just for the amusement of many. Can you imagine the newspapers? it'd be like outrage.

Eh, I'm British and have no thoughts, except "shall I bother to get up and get dressed or shall I just lounge around and do absolutely nothing in my PJs?"
ohhh man that would be awsome....but yeah Im sad now because thats not gonna happen..

anyway in regards to the Princess Diana thing...they showed the movie "the queen" a few nights ago and I have a feeling there was a whole other side to this Princess Diana thing

I was...only 6 at the time so I dont know the "scandals" in regards to Di

but even though the movie was trying to be sympathetic I still dont particually like the way they dealt with her death

I mean it makes me think how do the paraparazi get like this? because idiots flip their shit over people...and therefore just contribute to ruining their lives

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Vault101 said:
but its soooo sweet how they LOVE each other SOOOOOO much

anyway Good for them but its NO ones buisness, somtimes I feel like saying to people WHY DO YOU GIVE A FUCK???

but then I realise we all have obssession over silly things...like portal 2

if it makes people happy it makes people happy
Touche. It's sort of like it takes a certain level of chavitude (shall we say) to be interested in the OK! and Hello! vein of magazines. (Seriously, though, if I find out anyone on the Escapists reads that shit, I will cry.)

Oh joy, I thought I had gotten away from Hamilton coordinates (sheesh).

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
I couldn't care less about the wedding, I wish Britain didn't have a royalty in general...

But I do want to see her dress. :D

Cavan

Jan 17, 2011
No, I am going to go a whole day without anybody mentioning it to me once.

Not out of some deep seated hatred, just because I don't care so much it doesn't exist ^^ and am going to instead focus on doing weights or something :D

llew

Sep 9, 2009
Wadders said:
llew said:
British and could give two fucks about someone who does fuck all for his money getting married
You COULDN'T give two fucks. saying you COULD give two fucks implies that you do indeed give more that at least one fuck about the royal wedding, dammit.

/grammar nazi

I'm mildly happy about it.

I feel glad for the royal couple, as I would with anyone else who got married. Everyone gets a day off, and all the military parades and pomp fascinate me.

Im not majorly excited by it, but if I'm not doing anything else tomorrow I may well watch some of it.
Why thank you good sir, I shall watch my grammar more often now whilst on the internet where people care about spelling and punctuation. LOL JK :) but honestly, it just roles of the tongue easier to say could give two fucks than say couldn't give two fucks and i tend to type how i speak unless im being a pompous bastard intentionally or im just being lazy