The Royal wedding.. Any thoughts?

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I can't wait for it to be over, or is it already over? I'm just sick of hearing about it on everything. Seriously, who cares? And with my homepage being Yahoo!, not only do I see all the stupid "______ is a web sensation!" "news" articles, but I also see the "[whatever her name is] isn't giving up her right to vote when she gets married, but she probably won't anyway" shit. I guess I'm one of the few people that lives their own life and doesn't have to know every aspect on every famous person's life.

Off topic side note, BaconToday.com has about the same amount of news and Yahoo! does on their home page... kinda sad.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Woodsey said:
Sassafrass said:
to count how many times they mention Princess Diana. I'm willing to bet they mention her at least 5 times.
A drinking game this way comes.

OT: I don't care.

People sound as if they're being forced to watch and read every news story about it though, which isn't really the case.
You do realize good sir, that we are to make a thread that updates with this event if we are to play a game of this sort.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
I really want them to play Rebecca Black at the wedding xD

But yeh, i don't really care, only if they played the above would i be amused.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
I'm British and I couldn't give a fuck. The royal family is a complete waste of time and taxpayer's money.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
It makes me SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD that a stupid wedding gets so much media coverage when there is SOOOOOO much else important stuff to write about. GOD DAMNIT. I hate the majority of humanity.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Kiefer13 said:
I'm British and I couldn't give a fuck. The royal family is a complete waste of time and taxpayer's money.
If it earns more than what you spend on it, it ain't a waste of money.

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
I'm not personally interested in it, but I can understand why people are. It's a moment that allows us to intersect with history. As much as people think the monarchy is irrelevant and outdated, it's still a source of influence and a significant symbol. Like watching a space shuttle launch, or shaking hands with a celebrity, or eating at a restaurant featured in a movie, it's a way for people to feel connected with something larger than themselves. There may not be any practical relevance, but the "point" of it all is defined differently for each of us. Some people like to be able to say "I was there," even if only through the filter of television.

On the supply side, the media are more than happy to milk an opportunity like this because it sells a lot of newspapers and helps fill airtime for the news and lifestyle networks. If you're the content manager for one of these big outlets and are given a choice between giving the story the moderate coverage you think it merits or launching a full on two-week blitz, which are you going to choose? Even if you wanted to take a more restrained approach, your competition is busy churning out interviews with the couple's old classmates and experts in British etiquette, with a bit of nostalgia for Princess Diana thrown in for good measure.

Ergo, Royal Wedding Week!

DSK-

May 13, 2010
My thoughts on the subject:

Kate Middleton is hot.
YAY! A DAY OFF WORK!.

End of thoughts on the subject.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
I couldn't give less of a shit about two people spending money on an expensive wedding adding to the hypocrisy of the Conservatives.
But still, a free day!

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
Deeply sorry to the hot chick and whatever his name was that is going to be her husband.

Having something that is supposed to be the deep private and intimate ceremony bloated over by the media and whole world to the point of it being creepy.

But good luck on your married life.

Cypher10110

Jul 16, 2009
It's just another celebrity marriage.
I love weddings, but I don't really give a shit about people I don't know.
Just means the trains will be busy while I travel tomorrow, full of tourists fawning over wedding magazines and whatnot.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
I kind of feel bad for the couple - I know I wouldn't want more than a handful of people at my wedding let alone Television coverage and all that junk.

But, I wish 'em the best of luck all the same.

TheAmokz

Apr 10, 2011
Only difference between weddings and funerals is that in funerals there is one drunk less.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
I think its nice to see something positive in the news, although I'd say its abit overcovered, at least outside countries that still consider them their own royals.

However, as an Englishman and a Royalist I am very happy to see people still getting excited about it :)